Last Film You've Seen

Novus

Pro Adventurer
Django Unchained, I thought at first it was pretty typical considering all of the reviews it has had. The plot element with the Sheriff was quirky. The rest was what I'd expect from later Tarantino.
Then Uncle Tom was blown up
and I was lololololololing away, I don't know why people got so heated about it. It should really be the standard (in terms of quality and humour) for all blockbusters. 9/10.

Last edited:

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
Jackass_Presents_Bad_Grandpa.jpg

Goofball comedy from the people behind Jackass is just what you'd expect. This movie goes for the Borat/Bruno mockumentary-type approach, which works (at least most of the time) by getting real people's reactions, but still suffers from a weak storyline which isn't as engaging or appealing as it should be. Regardless though, you gotta love some of the pranks.

The trailer spoils the climax though, with the outrageous stripper scene at a beauty pageant.

Rating: 3/5.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Carrie - Both me and my roommate agree that there need to be lots more new movies of people with telekinetic powers. Quiet thoroughly enjoyed it.

X :neo:

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
Thor_-_The_Dark_World_poster.jpg

Certain improvement over the last film. Got a few Star Wars vibes while watching this
eg the aerial assault on Asgard, use of red laser guns, and Thor getting his hand severed by Loki when summoning his hammer
but the humor's still there despite a different director at the helm. And Tom Hiddleston, by a clear mile, steals the show playing Loki again.

Chris Evans has a funny cameo, but not quite as how you might expect. ;D

Rating: 4/5.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Been to see two recently.

First was Thor: Dark World yesterday. Now whilst it was a lot darker than the first one, it still retained the same humour. You can definitely tell there's a different director at the chair and it was nice to see more of Asgard this time.
about that last scene with the collector, but I think it's going to lead up to the events of the next Avengers film.

And then I saw Ender's Game today. Quite good, better than I expected. The actor for Ender was engaging and interesting, the real star of the film. You can see how he struggles internally with everything he goes through right from the beginning to end.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Thor: The Dark World (or should I say The Dark Kingdom).

Delivered on the action and lulz. Also seemed a lot bigger and more fitting for a story about the god of thunder than the first one.

Two stingers during the credits. As always, stay until the very end. :thor:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Two stingers during the credits. As always, stay until the very end. :thor:
We stayed for the first, but then my dad wanted to rush out and only got home to find out there was a second. Needless to say, he felt my wrath today.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
lol, people are stupid if they don't expect a post-credits scene after Marvel movies, :wacky:. People are stupid if they want to rush out the cinema too, for that matter.

Then again, most cinemas abroad don't have breaks during the movie either, so everyone really needs to piss at the end.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
We stayed for the first, but then my dad wanted to rush out and only got home to find out there was a second. Needless to say, he felt my wrath today.

Isn't this like the third time this has happened to you with a Marvel movie? Suggestion: stop going with your family to see them.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Cheetah

Jambo, bwana.

Ah, nostalgia. One of my favourite movies growing up, as cheetahs were my favourite animal.

The script's mature yet easy to follow. The beginning of the story is the usual "kids out of their comfort zone" plot, where two US siblings go to stay with their parents who are working in Kenya for six months. They quickly make two new friends: a young Masai goatherd called Morogo, and an orphaned cheetah cub whose mother had been killed by poachers. Oh, if you read the US advertising line, "they taught him how to play video games. He showed them how to survive!"... don't let it put you off. There's something like one or two minutes of them playing Pac Man.

The film has a notable amount of Swahili in it, along with a phrase that Disney would make world famous in a later animated movie.

Hakuna matata.
Got a few Star Wars vibes while watching this
eg the aerial assault on Asgard, use of red laser guns, and Thor getting his hand severed by Loki when summoning his hammer
Funny you should say that...
my friend referred to the Dark Elves' fighter craft as B-Wings

My friend and I both felt the stingers would have been better reversed
and the Collector's in Guardians of the Galaxy next year

Nothing to add to what others have said about the new Thor film otherwise.

About Time

Not really a romantic comedy. It's really more about loving life and family than "using time travel to get the girl". Hell they get married and have kids. I really really enjoyed it, and cried a couple of times.
Bill Nighy steals the show whenever hes on screen, and his relationship with his son is one of the sweetest and most heartwarming relationships in the movie. Their story got the biggest reaction out of me. That moment in the trailer when they go "My son.. My dad.." that comes off really corny? Works completely in the movie.

Loved it.

Telcontar

Donator
The-Hunger-Games-Catching-Fire.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of The Hunger Games trilogy, but this movie is fucking amazing. The last time I've heard the audience clap, was at the end of The Dark Knight Rises.

Holy shit... That climax! :aah:

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Enders Game.

I've never read the book, but I found the movie quite enjoyable. Harrison Ford did a great job as always, and I was surprised at how good the rest of the cast was as well. I really don't think there were any bad actors in the whole thing.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Pacific Rim.

I thought it was going to be another "America saves the World" movie but it turned out to be a RoboTech/Mazinger Z/Macross live action movie.

Cool.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
The Wolverine. Holy shit was that my colleague as Mariko Yoshida? She looks good with Logan lol.

The Hunger Games Catching Fire. WAS OKAY....till they kept spamming kissing scenes and the montage of her speeches with her boyfriend. I apologize I am not into this series and haven't seen the first but it was still damn good for the one woman I truly find adoring: Johanna Mason. God damn she made me wish I was in the film just to save her in Mockingjay.

The Starving Games - plain shit typical of those two morons setzer and friedwhoeverthefuckheis except for the Avengers and Expendables cameo. The rest is utter shit.

Ghost X

Gravity

I was underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, the special effects were fantastic and often intense. The story, not so much. 3.5/5 stars.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Super, by James Gunn.

I kinda liked it, I guess? :wacky:

Was a dark super hero comedy type of thing where the main character is a really lame hero that attacks people with a wrench and his sidekick is adorable, but she is a fucking psycho.

Ellen Page and Nathan Fillion are in it, so bonus points for that. :monster:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Watching King of Fighters on Netflix, it really sucks, but this still made me laugh

JdfYXTV.png

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Man of Steel.

I was surprised at it being a reboot, but I liked the way they took at portraying Clark/Lois relationship;
the thing that always bugged me from the old movies/comics was that Lois seemed to be so stupid that it only took a lousy pair of glasses to fool her. Other people might have not noticed, since they didn't get to oogle see him face to face but, Lois? Ffs, she was obsessed with Superman, how couldn't she see it!?

Other people have writen that Superman brought the destruction of Metropolis because he had daddy issues but, I can't really see it like that.
He awoke the ship without having any idea that Zod would come to terraform the Earth, thus destroying all known life, and the fact that they put one of the ships above Metropolis was only the scripwriters idea, since any other part of the world would be suitable but, you know, every disaster has to affect the titular hero's urban area.

Yeah, those are my general thoughts so far.

Holyshityoucouldsleeponthosepects:awesome:

Top Bottom