Last Film You've Seen

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
The last film I saw was Avengers Age of Ultron. I saw it opening weekend with my wife. I definitely did not enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the first Avengers film. It seemed to be lacking the magic of the first one. I did enjoy James Spader as Ultron but, as is common with most of the Marvel movies, the villain is paper thin. I wanted more from Ultron but, alas, it was not to be. It was still an enjoyable popcorn movie. Just not as good as the first one and definitely not as good as the Daredevil Netflix series.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Same. I thought it was worth the ticket price, but didn't have the magic of the first movie. I admit I totally roffled at the "language" running gag. There were some great parts, but most it was just good. I am intrigued to know what's going to happen next, as I'm guessing some of the cast won't be around for the third movie...?

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
Same. I thought it was worth the ticket price, but didn't have the magic of the first movie. I admit I totally roffled at the "language" running gag. There were some great parts, but most it was just good. I am intrigued to know what's going to happen next, as I'm guessing some of the cast won't be around for the third movie...?

Next is the Infinity War parts 1 & 2 as far as Avengers titled movies are concerned. I imagine the next several Marvel movies are going to continue the slow build towards the confrontation with Thanos and his Infinity gauntlet.

I may wait for Blu-Ray on Ant-Man. I am not a fan of the character and I'm just not sold on the film. I just am not getting a good vibe from the trailers. I am looking forward to Black Panther, Captain America: Civil War, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 though.

In all likelihood, we will know more about who will be around for Infinity Gauntlet after Captain America: Civil War.

sariasage002

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Over the weekend, I got to go see the new Cinderella movie at the theater. As a life-long Disney fan, I was expecting like it at least reasonably well, but, with it being a live-action remake of an old classic, I was still a bit skeptical. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved it. For those of you who enjoy this type of movie, I highly recommend it. ^_^

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I do still need to make a point of seeing that, actually. I forgot that it happened, but I'm glad it seems to be good.

Also, @thread. I've seen Mad Max: Fury Road 3 times now, and I still love it the most.

X :neo:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Midnight in Paris, a beautiful and quiet movie I unexpectedly enjoyed, it feels like a part in some of the stories I write and because it's fucking Paris man. Also Marion Cotillard and Lea Seydoux are pretty gals that made the film all the more pretty cos I normally see them in action films (Inception and MI4) and it's nice to see them in a movie like this. This movie sort of taught me you don't need something grandiose to travel back in time and have something critical happen, just enjoy the moment and the magical feeling of being in the past and have wacky antics with your idols and party in swinging 20's style.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Finally saw It Follows.

It was quite good, and definitely unique, but I didn't find it particularly scary sadly. The most disturbing bit of it was the first scene (with the girl on the beach) but after that it went downhill scare wise.

But I liked the way it was filmed anyway. :monster:

Ghost X

Mad Max: Fury Road

The visceral imagery and grit gives the film a star on its own. So rare these days with all the CGI going around. Choreography was good, especially early in the film. Quite intense. Could tell it was an Australian film with all the Australian actors in it. I thought a lot of the acting was sub-par, except for Charlize Theron. I felt it was a bit corny in parts too. Really want to give this film a 4/5 for all the good things in it, but I'll give it a 3.98/5 instead.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Just watched Divergent. It was ok, although the plot can be somewhat confusing at times. However, I do want a Theo James sandwich now... :awesome:

Also watched Carrie. I'm not into horror films, but I liked it. The screaming was a bit too much, though.

Third movie of the day was Kick-Ass 2. I liked it better than the first and it had some great underlying messages.

And rounding off my movie afternoon/evening was Up. THE FEELS!

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
CITIZENFOUR, a documentary about Edward Snowden; he got in touch with a documentary maker that was already being watched (and "randomly selected") after some other post-9/11 documentaries, who recorded the period where the information about the NSA's extensive spying programs was released, from the first talks with Glenn Greenwald to the first few releases of information, to the actual video interview where he revealed who he was - and his escape from Hong Kong to Moskow, where he still remains. Julian Assange makes a short appearance too - that guy has been stuck in the Equadorian embassy for over three years now.

Anyway, it's kind of a dull movie/documentary that goes for the subtle suspense approach, most of it takes place in a nondescript hotel room. But on the other hand, it's important history there around a reality-shaking, and/or suspicion-confirming event.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Just finally watched The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Fantastic film and I enjoyed it more than the first, even though I really loved that one. I can't wait until the next film in this universe.

Cait Sith

Ugh! As if!
AKA
noxy
Fast & Furious 7...

This movie was so incredibly ridiculous. I mean, not the acting. But the stunts and all the shit they do with the cars. It's redonk.

There was a couple of really cool bits though .

I did cry though. I couldn't help it. I cried a couple of times.

Spy

I'm actually surprised how much I enjoyed this. I think the fact that it has some solid action in it along with not making the main character a goofy joke helps a lot. Plus most of the side characters are pretty fun. Except for her friend, she's annoying.
Heard a quote about Melissa McCarthy that I think is apt. "You are NOT the female Kevin James, don't let them do that to you." and this shows that she's so much better than a fat joke.

Ghost X

Jurrasic World

I didn't like anything up until the dinosaurs started breaking free :P. There was a few subtextual things throughout the film I didn't like either. Having said that, I liked a lot of things too. 3.5/5 stars. I'm an arsehole, I know :awesome:.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Went to see Spy. Absolutely fantastic film, definitely my favourite of the year (even more than Jurassic World, but haters gonna hate hate hate). Melissa McCarthy, Jason Statham and Miranda Hart were definitely the best ones. I've officially boarded the hype train.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
The last movie I saw was Inside Out. That was a cute, funny, overall good, movie, in my personal opinion. I highly recommend it. ^_^

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Finally saw Gone Girl.

Good god this movie. I've never enjoyed feeling uneasy this much in my life. Such a great movie but I don't think I can stomach a second viewing its just so fucked up in its own crazy way.

edit:

Actually I could watch it a few more times considering how well they dumpster Nancy Grace in this movie.
The character they wrote for that role was just so stupidly perfect and blatant. Such a great jab at how shitty media (and Nancy Grace) are :monster:

Cabaret

Donator
Ex Machina. It was all right, :monster:. Nothing mindblowing, really. Also very, very slow.

I went to the cinema to see this and had a similar conclusion. I think I was doing a mental shopping list in the middle of the film.
what was him cutting himself up towards the end all about?!

Ami I wanna see spy too, I love Melissa McCArthy cos she always gets roles that pushes taste to the gigglefest extreme!

Ghost - Damn you Jurassic World was AMAZING! And I won't hear a word against it! Lalalalalalala not listening to you lalalalala!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. Loved it. I kept picking up similarities to Chrono Trigger, which was fun. The ending is also very similar to the third Matrix film.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'd say the Nausicaä ending felt more appropriate than the Matrix Revolutions ending, which basically ripped it off. I can't really say much more without spoiling it, but I don't mind admitting that I shed a tear or two.

Top Bottom