Last Film You've Seen

mentaz

bubbles
Interview With The Vampire - I think it was a really good movie, also it was the first time that I ever seen it. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Valkyrie. Not the best or most memorable war movie, but an entertaining watch nevertheless. Probably more of a documentary / re-enactment than a good Hollywood movie though.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
District 9 also, :monster:. It's gonna be out in cinemas over here later this month, I'm gonna recommend it to those whom I know are interested in sci-fi and such.

It's not The Perfect Movie, as some make it out to be, but it's a good candidate for a top five movies of the year (note that I'm not sure which movies came out this year, let alone that I saw them). It's certainly unique (and good) in terms of its method of storytelling.

It's a bit stereotypical though - p00r niggers aliens that allow themselves to be treated like niggers trash, whilst at the same time being technologically (and by technologically I mean weapons) superior to peoples. Of course, I didn't have proper subtitles, and with the thick accents and whatnot I had trouble understanding the narration, so I might've missed the explanation to that. Next stereotype, bigot army fellow with preposterous amounts of testosterone PREPOSTERONE! that kicks ass and chews bubblegum for a living. I'm gonna look it up on tv tropes now, damn site is addicting.

And Wikipedia to figure out more of it :monster:. I might re-watch it in cinemas later on.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Lonely Are The Brave. Loved every second of it. Gorgeous cinematography. Usually I'm not a big fan of Kirk Douglas but he was pretty damn great. Also, First Blood is pretty much a ripoff haha.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
District 9.

Now the whole flat is talking with south african accents.

Sous effricen ey? :monster: It's actually a lot like a Dutch accent, so it rules.

although I haven't seen as much dutch / Afrikaans as I would've liked. There was one 'Gevaar' sign (danger), but that's about it.

But the thing I think I like most about the movie is that, besides Jackson, it's made with a completely (or, to me anyways) unknown cast, and not without success. I like unknown actors that do a good job at acting.

Although there wasn't as much acting in the movie, actually - most was done by the lead character and CG aliens. The rest were people getting interviewed or being news reporters, which makes one look at their acting quite differently. And the actors in the non-movie interviews on the various websites that opened before the movie premiered all look very believable too.

The director said he'd be all up for a sequel, and I'd love to watch it too <3.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
I just saw Dead Poets Society by my friend's recommendation.

A very good film.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
WOW, you've never seen Dead Poet's Society until recently?! -jaw drop-

I saw Zombie Land two days ago. It was amazing.

kenobi

boosh
AKA
RANDYYYYYY
The last movie I saw was Zombieland. I wouldn't call it amazing, per se, but it was entertaining. There were a lot of things I could deal without; however, for the most part, it wasn't too bad. I'm still kind of regretting paying $10.00, though...and then another $4.50 for soda. :(

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Zombieland was the most entertaining movie that I've seen in a while. The BM part was totally amazing - especially the part involving the chandelier. I also liked aftercredit, though I seem to the only one who saw it. For me it was the right mix of Humor + story + occasional serious moment.

X :neo:

Top Bottom