Last Film You've Seen

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Ucho (The Ear) 10/10 A perfect portrayal of fear and paranoia in a totalaritan society. Essential viewing for those interested in Czech new wave cinema.

My Man Godfrey 10/10 Screwball comedy perfection. Lots of insanity, lots of loveable characters (most of them batshit insane) Some social criticism and fantastic cinematography and acting makes it a masterpiece.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Star Trek, :nerd:. I liked it, wouldn't mind the series to continue in that direction either. Although they could've done a better job with Kirk, at least the old one made a bit of sense.
I mean, the one in the movie didn't do shit and got made captain and whatnot.

Good action scenes. Shame they had to include the uber evil twisted angry bad guy with little personality slash motivation
(but the destruction of his planet oneoneoen)
fellow though.
And I saw the R2D2 easter egg, :monster:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Fantastic Mr Fox - ehhh... good film, I like it, but it's not the book.

Mind you, Hollywood has a bad record with Roald Dahl adaptations... don't get me started on Matilda. :P

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
WAT matilda was wicked sick man

i watched boy in the striped pajamas. Amazeballs, though made me cry everywhere.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Hard Rock Zombies

I've seen many horrible movies. I've seen cheesefests of the worsts kinds. Plan 9 From Outer Space, Troll 2, lots of Troma stuff, Virgins From Hell, SS Hell Camp, Challenge Of The Tiger, Mafia Vs. Ninja, you name it. I'm used to it.

Yet still there are films, like Hard Rock Zombies, that manages to gives me that certain feeling. The feeling of, Uhhhh.... just what the FUCK am I watching? :huh: It all starts of pretty silly. Some horrible Hair metal band whose name never gets mentioned has to play a concert in some sort of ultra conservative town where the townspeople hate Rock 'n Roll. (or do they?)

They pick up some chick and end up in some sort of mansion.
Suddenly....Hitler lives there (Hitler!) His nazi buddy's kill the band one by one. But... there's some chick with a transistor radio who bring our dead Headbangers back to life by playing rock 'n roll so they can return as.... Hard Rock Zombies.

There's also a werewolf grandmother. (Eva Braun?) Nazi killer dwarves. (yes, nazi killer dwarves) A zombie dwarve eating himself, ending up as a burping skull. Hard Rock zombies moving like robots. A Nazi zombie dwarve ripping a guy's head off, throwing it in his lovers arms after which she says: "Honey! Are you allright? That and many more scenes of the most idiotic kind, makes it a very interesting film really.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
WAT matilda was wicked sick man
Have you read the book? Far more awesome. Matilda and Coraline are failed examples of bringing books to the screen, and Fantastic Mr Fox and Stardust did a good job (an example each from Roald Dahl and Neil Gaiman). The latter two weren't as faithful to the book, either - which I think is the problem, as Coraline and Matilda tried to be too faithful in places where it didn't work on film. :huh:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Hard Rock Zombies

I've seen many horrible movies. I've seen cheesefests of the worsts kinds. Plan 9 From Outer Space, Troll 2, lots of Troma stuff, Virgins From Hell, SS Hell Camp, Challenge Of The Tiger, Mafia Vs. Ninja, you name it. I'm used to it.

Yet still there are films, like Hard Rock Zombies, that manages to gives me that certain feeling. The feeling of, Uhhhh.... just what the FUCK am I watching? :huh: It all starts of pretty silly. Some horrible Hair metal band whose name never gets mentioned has to play a concert in some sort of ultra conservative town where the townspeople hate Rock 'n Roll. (or do they?)

They pick up some chick and end up in some sort of mansion.
Suddenly....Hitler lives there (Hitler!) His nazi buddy's kill the band one by one. But... there's some chick with a transistor radio who bring our dead Headbangers back to life by playing rock 'n roll so they can return as.... Hard Rock Zombies.

There's also a werewolf grandmother. (Eva Braun?) Nazi killer dwarves. (yes, nazi killer dwarves) A zombie dwarve eating himself, ending up as a burping skull. Hard Rock zombies moving like robots. A Nazi zombie dwarve ripping a guy's head off, throwing it in his lovers arms after which she says: "Honey! Are you allright? That and many more scenes of the most idiotic kind, makes it a very interesting film really.

...wat.

Constantine was on TV yesterday (for the umpteenth time), and Satan isn't such a bad guy afterall.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Does Constantine have Hitler in it? It cant be as good as Hard Rock Zombies if Hitler ain't in it.

Aki

he are sick
Watched irreversible again, put me on a bit of a downer....

On the plus side I've been watchin LORT this week. Just got Return of the King to watch now. But got the extended ones and pretty sure I'll fall asleep half way through it

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Does Constantine have Hitler in it? It cant be as good as Hard Rock Zombies if Hitler ain't in it.

Alas, no :/. Not even a nazi reference.

Also, imma let you finish, but that dude in Der Untergang plays the best Hitler of ALL TIME!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Constantine was on TV yesterday (for the umpteenth time), and Satan isn't such a bad guy afterall.
The film sucked. X0 It could have been better with just a little uncertainty on one of the first lines:

"The name's John Constantine, asshole."

If there'd been some doubt... is he calling himself or the demon an asshole? That'd have been better.
I was dragged to Saw VI. (It was free!)
It was okay. The ending death was pretty cool.
Saw film in "okay" shocker.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Saw film in "okay" shocker.

Yeah, I know right? It didn't make me want to DIE after seeing it. I will say that it wasn't a waste of time, because in the beginning of the movie it shows a place called "Umbrella Health" so my friends and I were cracking up at the irony. . . And that was seriously the best part of the whole thing. xD

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I watched La Dolce Vita. It wasn't what I was expecting... and to be honest I didn't really understand it :( I think I'm going to have to give it another go, when I can find a spare 3 hours

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
If this is for the last film you've seen for the first time... then X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Ugh, no, no, no. I'm glad I'm just renting. The only things they did right were the effects for Gambit's power and the after the credits sequence.

Look, just get rid off Dr Cornelius, he's never mentioned by name in the film anyway, replace him with Gary Oldman with a goatee, and have someone call him "Nathaniel" or "Dr Essex". The fandom explodes happily with a massive OMG.

If the last film you've seen generally... Monsters vs Aliens.

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
I watched the movie Stakeout with Richard Dreyfuss and Emilio Esteves. Damn talk about retro!. You can definitely tell that's an 80's movie.

Watched REC and Trick R treat on halloween.

Trick r Treat was badass.
REC was good, and looking forward to watching REC 2, but there was just something missing about it, but sure what exactly.

omnislash

Lv. 1 Adventurer
The last movie i went to see was Paranormal Activity. It was the scariest movie ive seen. I went with 20 ppl which made it worse. it is a definet must see.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I watched The Babysitters. I guess if you babysit, you eventually sleep with the dad for money and become a prostitute. :awesome:

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Inglourious Basterds. That film was freaking boring, save for some hilarious parts. :monster:

Nah I was pleasantly surprised. I can't really stand Tarantino but 'twas good fun.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
We watched 2012 yesterday. My family really likes those movies with the end-of-the-world themes, so I was forced to come. I wanted to watch A Christmas Carol though... :sadpanda:

It was okay. Ending was predictable though. I don't even know if that comment should be considered a spoiler because we all know the kind of ending films like these have.

There are some pretty funny moments... acting was okay... some things weren't delivered well in favor of more awesome graphics and effects... the usual problems. :desu:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
You saw it too, Mei? c: I saw it today and sadly my favorite characters died. Sasha wasa freaking bamf. I didn't really care too much for the main family and their drama bs, but everyone else was actually interesting and some of their stories were tear-jerking. :'c What did you think about
The Russian chick (forgot her name already, but I LOVED HER) flicking off Yuri when she got on the boat? I was rofling so hard.

Top Bottom