Last Film You've Seen

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
You see cous... I ... well we guys don't feel too strongly about a band dressed as cheetahs/Jaguars...

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Australia.
Awful film, despite being full of beautiful people (David Wenham, Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman). The only decent bit was when some aboriginals shot a kangaroo. This is the sign of a terribad film.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
The Fantastic Mr. Fox.

I was assuming it was going to be some sort of furfest (...which I suppose it was.), but the completely random humor was amusing. Imo.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
The Fantastic Mr. Fox.

I was assuming it was going to be some sort of furfest (...which I suppose it was.), but the completely random humor was amusing. Imo.
It wasn't bad, but I prefer the book. The film gets props for all the Beach Boys songs in it, though.

...Can't remember for the life of me what the last film I saw was... something on TV over Christmas, probably.

Sherlock Holmes
I will watch anything with Robert Downey Jr in it, which makes it hard for me to be objective. Still, I guess it was OK. The liberties they took with the geography of London were rather annoying for this ex-Londoner. There was (were?) some some stunning CGI. The cinematography was often very beautiful; the heroine was too scrawny; the story seemed pretty ridiculous, but, to be fair, it was Sherlock Holmes, and the truth was explained at the end. Elementary, etc.... The cast obviously had a lot of fun making this film.

But I kept thinking it would be better as a game.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Just watched 9. I actually really enjoyed it. Equal parts cute and dark/scary. Very good stuff. :) There is something about the big plot twist of the movie that bugs me, though. but maybe I just don't get it. lol

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Mirrormask again.

Only Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean could turn "Close to You" into such nightmare fuel...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I neeeeed to see that movie. A friend of mine keeps telling me how incredibly awesome it is.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
It truly is. :) If you've ever seen any of Dave McKean's artwork, then the film looks exactly like that. And the brief for the movie was "make something in whatever genre Labyrinth is".

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
That was the last "movie" I saw, too. :P

Meh. Could have been better. I've seen concept art where they would have had the Evil Monkey as Yoda. THAT would have been awesome.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Yoda/Evil Monkey would have been better. :monster:
It just seemed to lack something, you know?

Last film I saw at the cinema: Avatar
3D was great, so was the world, but take away the visual spectacle and it was meh.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
The Princess And The Frog! It was awesome and cute...
the firefly dying
made me cry. /is pathetic.

The songs sucked, though.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Yoda/Evil Monkey would have been better. :monster:
It just seemed to lack something, you know?
Like a sense of humour. Yes, that's right MacFarlene. What happened to you? You used to be cool!

Sherlock Holmes - I was going to complain that
Moriarty
wasn't mentioned, but they
got him in there at the end
. I loved how London Bridge looked so steampunk half-constructed. Great film, definitely getting the DVD when released.

Also, now going to see: Edge of Darkness, and The Crazies. I was already considering Clash of the Titans, and was going to see the Wolfman, but the trailers looked awesome, too.

Ehh.. Im not too sure on the crazies. From a few shots in the trailer, it looks like they're going to have some kindof zombie element to them? (you see one rise up in a mortuary) I might see it, but I'll hear how it's received/compares to the original first.

I saw The Perfect Getaway, and it wasnt too bad. The first 2/3 are alright, keep you guessing since any of them could be the killers, but the last 3rd is sweet. Wouldnt watch it again, but I might dl it to watch the last part.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
The Lovely Bones

ugh no, fuck you that was awful, can I go harass Peter Jackson and get my money back?

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Watchmen. I was so pissed about the missing squid that I waited for HBO. Actually not a bad flick.

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
I just watched Glory this morning.

I'm not normally into war movies, but I really enjoyed this one. In fact, it's going on my "top favorite movies" list.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Are you serious? I'm a huge fan of the book so this is pretty dissapointing to hear. What did you dislike about it?
Well, maybe it was just me but the general message I got from the movie was
'if you hide the evidence well enough, your victims will move on!'
Perhaps it had something to do with
that bizarre part where she somehow came back to life and got to kiss her dreamboat, but the fact that it happens at the same time he throws away evidence of his crime just makes it very iffy.

Also the father is extremely fucking creepy and plays essentially the same character in M. Night Shamalamadingdong's 'The Happening', so I had a very hard time sympathizing with him even though he did lose his daughter.

Top Bottom