Last Film You've Seen

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
The Matrix Reloaded was on last night. Goddamn 99 Go you are the best thing to happen to Australian TV

In retrospect I think it'll age well for quite a while. I initially thought that in about 5 years the movie wouldn't really stand out from all the other stuff of similar genre out there, but the movie to me is really still a blast to watch and seeing the action still gives me a bit of a thrill because it's so well choreographed.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
SCROOGED

THE BILL MURRAY VERSION

NEED I SAY MORE

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
^Excellent. Why can't he do more films like that!?

OT: Wall:E or however it is written. Enjoyed it but didnt cry. Only 7/10 though because of
the part where they're both out in space with the plant - THE PLANT WOULD FREEZE AND DIE INSTANTLY nobody would be able to go back to earth!!

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Tangled

Well, damn. I didn't know what to expect from Disney supposedly returning to its Princess roots, but I cannot say I was disappointed. Fun movie, nice twists in the original Rapunzel story, fairly good characters. The music reminded me so much Alladin at some points it's not even funny. It even had the "and now here, it's crystal clear" line unchanged. XD I downloaded the OST and I liked it a lot in general. I'd the the non-singing pieces are the best.

All in all, a good movie. 7.5/10

The Twilight saga: Eclipse, rifftrax

They did it again. They managed to turn this abomination into comedy gold.

100000000000/10!!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
The Richard Attenborough and Mara Wilson version of Miracle on 34th Street. :awesome:

"Batman: Under the Red Hood".

Great drama. Great voice acting. Having the Joker voiced by John DiMaggio, also the voice for Bender on Futurama, is great.
I suspect though that those already versed in the Batman saga will draw most enjoyment from this animated movie.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
"Batman: Under the Red Hood".

Great drama. Great voice acting. Having the Joker voiced by John DiMaggio, also the voice for Bender on Futurama, is great.
I suspect though that those already versed in the Batman saga will draw most enjoyment from this animated movie.

Movie is actually better than the comic it's based off of even though many scenes are lifted directly from it

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Black Swan.

Now I'm kind of annoyed because Toy Story 3 actually has a legit contender for Best Picture Oscar. That is, if the Oscars even made sense anymore.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Beethoven.

GITCHY GITCHY YA-YA, DAA DAA.

The Chronicals of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

I will admit, it follows the storyline much better than the other two moives. I mean, out of all three, this one probably sticks the closest to C.S. Lewis' original story. And the end part was amazing. I think it was almost a direct quote from the book.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The Chronicals of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

I will admit, it follows the storyline much better than the other two moives. I mean, out of all three, this one probably sticks the closest to C.S. Lewis' original story. And the end part was amazing. I think it was almost a direct quote from the book.

I quite enjoyed it. I'm REALLY hoping that they make the Silver Chair though, as it's my very favorite of his books.

TRON: Legacy & Inception (on Blu-Ray, third time seeing the film)

Really, really liked TRON Legacy. Neville Page is easily my favorite artist who generates anything in films these days (Cloverfield & Avatar creature designer, and did the suits and visual design in TRON: Legacy). Really pretty in 3D, and all around good. It could have been better, but there's no reason I wouldn't reccommend it.

Inception on Blu-ray, on my friend's excellent tv was absolutely brilliant. Nice to wrap up seeing the little things that I missed my first and second time through.

X :neo:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Black Swan

This deserves the film of the year. FULL. STOP. If you haven't seen it yet, go do so. NOW. This is not a request.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
BLACK SWAN BLACK SWAN BLACK SWAN BLACK SWAN BLACK SWAN

im sorry i just came a little

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I saw Tangled. It was...cute. The characters were fairly likable and the animation was gorgeous, however, I can't say the plot and and the songs were anything all that special. :/

I wish Disney would stop thinking it needs to kill off every villain. Sometimes living is better. I was really hoping this was how Tangled would end, but nope. One big deus-ex-machina that really made no sense.

Also, was there any reason Flynn had to cut her hair before he was healed? I mean really? Why couldn't he have waited?

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Black Swan is a given.

The Fighter, just for Christian Bale's performance, he'll probably get nominated. Amy Adams was pretty good as well. Mark Wahlberg wasn't as impressive as his supporting cast, he has such a limited range, but he manages to carry his own weight.

True Grit. Wouldn't be surprised if Jeff Bridges gets an Oscar nod.

I fuckin hate living in a small town, I have to wait for shit like Black Swan, Buried, The Road, etc. to come out on dvd before I can see it >_>

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I still need to see The Fighter and True Grit, I hear amazing things about them though. It helps that Christian Bale and Jeff Bridges are two of my favourite actors.

Double whammy right now:

TRON: Legacy might just be the best pure action adventure film of the year. I wasn't even a massive fan of the original, but I found myself really quite getting into this. Even though the story was a bit ropey and Olivia Wilde was quite massively underused (though not devoid of potential, if they make a sequel I really hope they give her of a bit more of a chance to shine), it remained compelling all the way through to the end. It goes without saying that the musical score added a lot to the movie's setting, that the whole movie looked absolutely gorgeous and that Jeff Bridges' acting as both the tyrannical Clu and Kevin Flynn-Lebowski was damn impressive on both counts.

Overall, good film, well worth seeing so long as you don't set your expectations unreasonably high.

Speaking of unreasonably high expectations, here's Black Swan. Given that The Fountain is possibly my favourite movie of all time, I was almost certain that I'd be wowed by Darren Aronofsky's latest foray into cinema. So, with unreasonably high expectations at the forefront of my mind, I was perhaps most surprised to find that they didn't let me down at all. If this movie doesn't get Natalie Portman the Oscar nomination (and victory) for best actress then I might eat my own head.

The weird, claustrophic atmosphere that begins to creepily close in around Portman is almost as captivating to watch as her own performance as it becomes increasingly difficult to tell where the line between reality and nightmarish fantasy really is. This film pulls absolutely no punches in it's exploration of Portman's character, and gives you every reason to keep you in your seat, lesbian sex scene and all.

I do doubt that everyone will like it though, in spite of the obvious quality and absolute dedication of everyone involved in it's production. Which is fair enough. It definitely wasn't made to cater to the tastes of the masses. Even so, I do think everyone should at least see this movie. Whether or not you end up liking it is pretty much irrelevant, but it will leave an impression one way or the other as one of 2010's most memorable films.

Top Bottom