Last Film You've Seen

Ghost X

MI: Ghost Protocol.

I was entertained. Tom Cruise may be a dick IRL and run like a weido in his films, but I was entertained. I've heard critics say don't watch it for the storyline, but I think the storyline was interesting enough. Of course its an action movie though. The twists are always interesting in these movies, I reckon.

Stepbrothers.

Was not too bad. Not laughing out loud funny, except for certain bodily parts on percussion instruments, and the scene during the credits, but funny nonetheless.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Battlefield Los Angeles.

Well, besides the man candy, that was a complete and utter waste of time.

The Muppets

Awesome movie if you're a Muppets fan. Tho it was a bit too masturbatory. But it was a fuckign fun time. And one of the best cameos ever.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Finally saw Deathly Hallows 2 today while donating platelets. That movie is made of darkness and slightly different shades of darkness.
The bits I could see were quite well done, but egads.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Event Horizon

*turns on all the lights and puts on safety goggles*

Seriously, I haven't felt that unnerved watching a movie in a long time. Amazing, amazing atmosphere, music and visuals were done perfectly. Usually I'm trollololing in horror movies but this one had me feeling very on edge a large part of the time - except when Cooper was being such blatant comic relief. WOULD YOU LIKE SOMETHING HOT AND BLACK INSIDE OF YOU? :awesome:

Also the occasional scene felt almost...eh, cheesy, I guess, but overall awesome movie.

I wish Dr. Allen Sam Neill was in more things.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
CRAZY STUPID LOVE

I LOLed.
I'm not gonna lie, I only liked it because of the super well-dressed Gosling. And I don't even like him. I guess clothes do make the man. :awesome: Helps that his character has the only funny lines.
Cheesey, predictable ending was predictable, of course.

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Grand & hilarious, and it was ended spectacularly.

X :neo:
a bit more pointless slow mo tho. And there was also some odd shots in it. Like when
the assassin was running through the woods, the camera was attached to him, but it was swaying slightly, or something, it looks kindof odd.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
13 Assassins.

FUCKING AWESOME MOVIE GO SEE IT RIGHT NOW.

Memorable as hell.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
They don't show that movie here. The other day I saw a bit of it on t.v. and decided to watch it on YouTube. I thought it was great but I have mix feelings about the ending.

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Oh my god the fucking opening credits... *jizz*

Other than that: 9/10. Go see it. Just got back and I gotta head to work, so I may post more later when I've had time to fully process it.

AvecAloes

Donator
^^ Same. Just got back from seeing it. It was everything I'd hoped it would be, really. An excellent adaptation of the book!

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
They don't show that movie here. The other day I saw a bit of it on t.v. and decided to watch it on YouTube. I thought it was great but I have mix feelings about the ending.

Mixed feelings because... it's a happy ending?

Keep in mind the movie is from like 1942 or something. XD

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
No I like that part. What I didn't like was the amazing karma houdini with Mr. Potter.

AvecAloes said:
^^ Same. Just got back from seeing it. It was everything I'd hoped it would be, really. An excellent adaptation of the book!

That is the best thing I've heard today. I'm dying to see that movie.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
In the past few months:

The Ides of March - 9/10

Has Clooney ever even directed a bad film? There was only one even remotely likeable character in this film, but that's sort of the point. A stark indictment of our political system that needed to be made.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - 9/10

About as good as I could have hoped for. It didn't really improve upon the Swedish version at all, apart from the sets being more visually impressive, but I'm not even sure it could have. That said, Rooney Mara managed to deliver an equally intense performance as Noomi Rapace did in the same rôle, and that's quite an accomplishment.

Toy Story 3 - 10/10

A perfect film and probably the best in the trilogy. Possibly even the best film Pixar has ever made. Anyone not emotionally moved by this film probably has no soul.

Ghost X

Ponyo - 5/10

I really enjoyed the first half, but the last half was pretty boring (to say the least). I'm not sure if it was just the english dub, but I found the story quite incoherent. Things happened, and I'm like what the fuck just happened. Why did such and such act completely contradictory to what they were acting like a moment ago etc. Most odd.

Fright Night remake

Why haven't you people seen this? Its a good movie. Done well. Refreshing to have a vampire that says fuck it and just enjoys being a vampire.
There's a great part involving a shovel that I just love. He tries something, doesn't work, so he calmly proceeds to do the complete opposite of subtle cause fuck it, it'll work.

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
I just watched the Super Street Fighter Juri OAV and want 40 minutes of my life back. Bison's dolls make a brief apperance, but other than that it was absolute gutter trash.

On a personal note I don't understand the anime trope of heroines getting beaten to a pulp. Just in the SF animes, Chun-Li has been put in intensive care twice and literally had her legs broken at the hip joint in another OAV. When they weren't flashing Cammy's crotch, she gets electro boob and crotch punched by C. Viper sending her to the hospital. I don't get it.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

I haven't read the book, so I can't compare the two, but the film was pretty amazing. It was dark, toxic, and I found it surprisingly sexual. And, Rooney Mara really makes that transformation that leaves you in awe. The film was pretty long tho.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Mission Impossible 4 was better than expected, if what you expected was Mission Impossible 3.

Top Bottom