Last Film You've Seen

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Lucario and the Mystery of Mew

Cos Riolu (Lucario's baby form) are wild in BW2, and "Unbeatable" is a great theme tune. :awesome: Also, Bad Mons Love Their Mothers - two Weavile glomp their trainer at one point.

Argo

It went from tense to funny to fucking intense with nothing feeling out of place. For the last 30-40 min my heart was beating a mile a min. Definitely a must see flick.

It also made me realize something about Canadians. We dont say Toronto, we say Torono. I never realized that before.

Last edited:

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A9%E0%B9%8C_%28%E0%B8%A0%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%8C%29.jpg

(Yak: The Giant King)

Thailand's most expensive CG animated movie is a triumph in visuals (at least for its own standards) with this robotic retelling of Totsakan and Hanuman from Thai folklore. Unfortunately, it suffers from serious pacing problems. Likeable characters just can't seem to shut up when they need to, giving no chance for the audience to take a breather. Feels like an abandoned Imagi film with a story that wears thin far too soon.

Kids will enjoy it, but grown-ups...meh.

The mechanical bird might get quite a few frowns amongst the black community.

Rating: 2/5.

Theatrical_Release_Poster_of_Film.jpg

Newly weds Koldo and Clara are forced to fend off some uninvited guests
aka ravaging bloodthirsty zombies (oh, my!)
during their wedding party, which doesn't end as ceremoniously as they expected. Not as much gritty chainsaw action as I had hoped, but still a fun and intense survival horror movie in its own right. Enthusiasts of the series may rate this lower than me, since the story itself has virtually nothing to do with its predecessors and/or the movie discards the traditional hand-held camera narrative and opts for a cinematic narrative instead.

Rating: 4/5.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I remember watching the original [REC], and for someone who likes to laugh at contrived shit the claustrophobia of that movie genuinely creeped me out.

Does it still have the same atmosphere, or..?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Saw Argo tonight, absolutely awesome. John Goodman, Alan Arkin and Bryan Cranston completely stole the movie especially the first two.

Excision

It was... eh. Good performances, started out decent, but it's based off a short, which shows. Not a whole lot happens until the final 5 or so min of the movie. The rest was mainly just to show the character development, which there isn't much.
There's some dream sequences that are supposed to be shocking and freaky but if you've seen a number of horror movies, it's nothing that special.
Also, I heard the final part makes up for the rest of the movie, but not really. I found it underwhelming. It resolved the mother/daughter relationship that was built up throughout the movie, but I wasn't surprised, or shocked by it. Which is what it seemed to be going for.

The trailer gives away the ending at about 2min, so if you're worried about that, stop it after the actors names stop showing up.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
My gosh, I can't stop laughing after watching a Filipino gay horror-comedy movie titled "Zombading" (Gay-Zombie)

-Whole story below-

It's about a homophobic boy who angered a gay man in the cemetery who cursed him "when you grow up you'll be gay!" After 15 years the protagonist, Remington, is a manly man who falls in love with a girl but he was being haunted by a pink scarf and a dark spirit is gradually making him gay. Worse, there is a serial killer killing all the gay people in the town Remington feared for his life. Turns out, the killer is a professor who stole his student's malfunctioning gaydar. The gaydar was supposed to be used to detect gay livestock but instead it kills its targets.

Things got tough because just as when the girl is falling in love with him, he began to fall in love with his best friend. Remington then found the gay witch who cursed him and he found out that the only way to escape the curse is to find a straight man who is a virgin from a gay kiss willing to swap places with him. The witch was killed by the professor and his apprentice cursed the whole town and all the dead gays turned into zombies. The curse was lifted from Remington and the whole town when his father agreed to swap places with him, it was touching. "I can still be your father even if I'm gay."

Very funny :D

Lex

Administrator
Skyfall, and it's one of the best action movies I've ever seen. Going to see it again tomorrow if I can get this lab report done.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Werewolf: The Beast Among Us

Entertaining romp, no big twists, but better than the reviews make it out to be (especially as they seem to think that The Wolf Man is the only werewolf folklore).

Return to Oz. I thought it was really good, though if I had seen it as a child it undoubtedly would have terrified me. It does a really good job of combining stuff from The Marvelous Land of Oz and Ozma of Oz and actually is a relatively faithful adaptation, especially in terms of visuals. Would've been even more awesome if it integrated Jinjur's Army of Revolt, but oh well. Disney should really just forget about Oz the Great and Powerful and do an adaptation of The Marvelous Land of Oz. :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Expendables 2, on TV. With Russian text.

And was the music in the movie as terribly shitty and off-key, or did I somehow get a version where the music was fucked up on purpose? :monster:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Argo (fuck yourself), very enjoyable though there were a few too many last-second escapes for my tastes. Still, definitely recommend it.

Wreck-It-Ralph

It was good. most of the gaming centric stuff happens around the first half, and kindof grinds to a halt when you get to Sugar Rush, where most of the movie takes place. There's some gaming stuff that ties into the plot, but it's mainly candy puns that puff up the movie,
I liked it. It was good, made me teary eyed at some points. The cameos and nods to old games were fantastic. Especially the first few min where it shows the arcade, the games shutting down for the night. Fun lil Street Fighter joke in that.

Honestly tho the standout was the short beforehand. Paperman. That was absolutely fantastic. Worth seeing just for that short.

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
Silent Hill: Revelation.

It''s the kind of movie you'd want to watch if you were bored, but it wasn't really that scary. Kinda felt like they focused more on the special effects than the plot at times, and the story didn't really follow the canon of Silent Hill 3. Even so, it was still pretty decent for a sequel, and there were some throwbacks to the first movie which were pretty neat.

6/10 :monster:

Last edited:
Man With The Iron Fists

Rza writes/stars/directs (altho apparently Eli Roth did most of the directing) an homage to old shaw brothers kung-fu flicks.
It certainly seems like it is, with bad acting, oddly told plot, ridiculous names (Golden, Silver, and Bronze Lion for example), and of course, fighting.
The precious stuff, I dunno whether it was intentional or not. So take it with a grain of salt. The fighting however, it seems like they have some good choreography, but it does suffer from close camera syndrome. It's not too bad, but it's irritating.
And damn has Russell Crowe gotten fat :/

Bernie

Interesting movie about an insanely nice guy, like the nicest guy you've ever known, who ends up killing the most hated woman in town. The townsfolk however, don't want to convict him because he's such a nice guy.
Based on a true story which is apparently fairly accurate, altho it doesn't really tell the womans side. All the cut away shots to talking with the townsfolk, are the actual people who were living there when it happened.
Also, best performance of Jack Blacks career.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Was watching Kick Ass. An 11 year old calling a whole room of thugs cunts its still extremely hilarious.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Looper, which is nice, good basic storyline and whatnot, but it kinda drops the ball on pace and what kind of movie it's trying to be, the whole story / pace grinding down to a halt about an hour in. Which was annoying, but I guess they needed to introduce the new characters at that point.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

I hadn't ever seen it before and I have to say it was fucking shit. Can't understand why people give it good reviews, hardly anything interesting happens and none of the characters are remotely likeable. The woman in it seems like shes drunk or something? Shes a bad parent anyway letting her kid run off all the time. And the main character is an asshole, like I can understand why he would leave his wife as she wasnt very understanding about his experience but why leave his kids?

If I didn't know better I'd say the whole thing was some sort of allegory for 'leave your family and dull suburbia and have a mid life crisis or some shit'

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Got a chance to see Skyfall, while I'm still not a James Bond fan by any stretch of the imagination gotta say the movie was great and damn that Dame Judie Dench is still amazing
it was sad to see her character M die
. Also I was pleasantly surprised by Eve
Moneypenny (I still think that's an incredibly stupid name)
character.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Superman vs the Elite - good, but not as good as the comic it was based on. You could also tell the gaps between recording sessions (e.g., a character will be wrought with emotion one minute, then the next scene (switched by teleportation in story, so it's instantaneous) it's flat and stilted. Plus, George Newbern wasn't the right choice for Superman in this film (again, flat, stilted).

Also some dialogue cuts/changes were made that detracted from the emotion of the story that really didn't make sense to me. I'd like to believe it was due to not having the time to include them, but they included some extra scenes and a couple second string stuff that can only be there because someone thought the story needed "human focus" for emotional impact (while in the comic, Clark Kent and Lois Lane are all the human focus you needed, and were more believable).

Still - the original scenes in the story are good, but the adaptations of scenes from the comic let the film down.
At least we got to see Vera Lynn Black, though.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Lincoln.

I can't find a single thing to criticise about this film. Easily the best picture I've seen all year. Nothing else even comes close.

Top Bottom