Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
if light can't dress up like fang and vanille i am going be on square's office like godzilla on a miniature replica of tokyo

i will bring that motherfucker down to the ground

Splintered

unsavory tart
I just realized with Lightning's new outfit, I can totally mistaken the game as the Assassin Creed's lesbian dominatrix game. The plot is about going around finding gothic lolita girls
lightning can call tifa when she needs someone to make a cake

she'll call aeris when she needs someone who can rip a guy's balls off & then get her flowers
ill pray 4 u

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
They have no problem sexualising their kids in media, but nevertheless you can get arrested in Japan for even talking to schoolgirls on the streets. But anyway, Serah looked super young for a 19 year old in XIII too, so whatefs.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I am creeped out by the fact tumblr seems obsessed with the idea that Lumina is the daughter of Lightning and Hope
But anyway, Serah looked super young for a 19 year old in XIII too, so whatefs.
Yeah, I mistook Serah and Vanille for someone ~16. Alyssa is probably the worst offender, seeing as she's around 27 by the time they see her in Academia and she still looks twelve. I mean, I know they can't keep remaking her model over and over but they don't even give her a different hair style or anything.

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer

I see Noel! :D

Shows him & Lightning fighting. Maybe he's mad at her for Serah's death?

Fangu

Great Old One
I see Noel! :D
HEAD EXPLODES

*Sees he's in his old costume*

:(

Shows him & Lightning fighting. Maybe he's mad at her for Serah's death?
That, or he's the leader for that fighting-the-liberator-group perhaps? Hm!

Edit: According to a comment on a FB group, he's saying "You're going to have to die for our future". Totally unconfirmed, I'm gonna Google when I get home, woo

Edit 2: Long article with lots of info: Hope will aid you throughout the entire game, Noel takes more of an antagonist role

New screenshots, including
634c7113b4cc9442d023d4d65964552e.png

lr_newoutfit_zps0afb0233.png
Edit: Uploaded it to my Photobucket bc siliconera is being sloooow

Another gallery with images

Last edited:

Splintered

unsavory tart

English version of the trailer, Noel says "You're going to have to die for our future" and "You're not Lightning, you can't be."

Don't think Noel is a villain, his last letter in XIII-2 tells me that he's still trying to hang on to his ideals. My theory is that he can't get behind Lightning working with Bhenewhatshisface, and he's probably trying to restore the timeline rather than make a new world.
*Sees he's in his old costume*
AAAaaa lame.

EDIT: Oh hay screenshots

tumblr_mgrsjrk5qV1s0fchvo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mgrsf79pE21qeenwro1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgrsf79pE21qeenwro3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgrsdmoH7P1s0fchvo1_1280.jpg

NNEEEWW COSTUME

tumblr_mgrsdmoH7P1s0fchvo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgrs5pmikE1s0fchvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgrs5pmikE1s0fchvo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgrs5pmikE1s0fchvo5_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
Anyone know what Lightning's saying in the last screenshot? :monster:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I've come around to Lumina's looks, with the latest screenshots. She's actually cute. ^_^ I like the pug nose.

I wonder who the 'him' is that she's speaking about? Now watch, it's nothing major.

I am creeped out by the fact tumblr seems obsessed with the idea that Lumina is the daughter of Lightning and Hope.

Haha I just knew that would happen.

I'm freaked out that it looks like Bhunivelze is a bigger perv than Pulse! Oh well, like father, like son.

Splintered

unsavory tart
English versions of the screenshots are popping up. I'm kind of surprised on how fast the English versions of the media is picking up. I remember being pleasantly surprised by the fact the first trailer was in English when it looked like both other times it was in Japanese, and when the Japanese screenshots come out, almost minutes later the English versions are leaked. I guess it's just really trying for mass appeal.

tumblr_mgrx4fH80L1s0fchvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgrx4fH80L1s0fchvo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgrx4fH80L1s0fchvo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgrx4fH80L1s0fchvo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgrzb6V1bK1s39bg5o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgrzb6V1bK1s39bg5o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_mgrzb6V1bK1s39bg5o8_1280.jpg

AvecAloes

Donator
Comparison:
serah2.jpg

6d667232e74793c743cfeb0c9653c850.jpg

Lumina's eyes are definitely bigger, they have a different shape, and her nose is more...buttonish? Cuter, I'd say, hahaha. But is that just because she's "younger" than Serah? Her features definitely look younger. I dunnos.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I thought the same as Force. I mean, her eyes can "easily" be changed, in terms of how open they are, etc. and same goes for her mouth.

Nose bothers me a bit, though. Maybe they just based this person's looks on Serah, without making her look exactly the same.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Just because the game won’t feature a party in the traditional sense though, it doesn’t mean that a host of familiar faces won’t be reappearing. While it’s been confirmed previously that Snow Villiers will crop up, as will Hope Estheim, offering Lightning advice via comlink, it’s been newly revealed that Noel Kreiss will also have a role to play. Unlike Hope and Snow though, the chaotic energy generated by the imminent end of the world has corrupted him, meaning it’s up to Lightning to save the man she once fought alongside by putting him down. Hard.
From IGN.

Oh, I thought there would be some actually dilemma, but I guess this makes sense too. Especially since Noel is so intent on killing her, despite XIII-2 when killing anybody, even Caius, greatly disturbed him.

EDIT:
Agreed, she looks different. I'm actually agreeing with the "she looks younger" especially in her face.

Fangu

Great Old One
When I saw Lumina's eyes I thought if young Hope immediately. As in, they're teenager's eyes.

just 4 fun

ffxiii_270709_3.jpg

Hope2-805-large.jpeg

hope132and13comparison.png

His nose is definitely less buttonish (I like that word :joy:) as a grown up.)

@Splintered news - so Lightning might actually be the end of Noel? Iiiinteresting!

Mwynn

Tenderness
Apparently Toriyama clarified that the build of the game we were shown to in the trailers is a very early build, that it's actually the earliest build of a FF game ever shown publicly.

Lex

Administrator
I'm not surprised, the framerate is choppy and the town looks unfinished (red and white vertical pole etc), but it still looks good. Hopefully they'll adopt this philosophy with other games.

AvecAloes

Donator
This is not a good screenshot for her, I can already see the fandom never letting her live her nosesize down.

I chose the first one I could find that was of a good size and a straight shot of her face :P I actually don't think it's that bad, though, as far as she looks. What's wrong with her nose?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
And I thought people were past obsessing over details like nose size, :monster:. You're driving a whole new generation of teenagers to plastic surgeons here.

Half-serious poast is half-serious.

Light's 'alternative' outfit looks better, imho.

Top Bottom