Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Actually I don't think they'll be late with LR.

It's just the "I'm announcing that I'll soon announce the announcement" that's getting silly. And yes, I am fully aware that I added one extra step, but the goal was to poke fun at the whole thing.

Lex

Administrator
But Tets would never insult you so :desu:

Also isn't that the Facebook connect thing that was hinted in an interview not too long ago?

Fangu

Great Old One
But Tets would never insult you so :desu:
You on the other hand have no problems with it :desu:

Also isn't that the Facebook connect thing that was hinted in an interview not too long ago?
It was, and I'm dreading it a little. I don't want to connect x amount of my social media accounts to a game I spent $100 on in order to play it.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I can understand not wanting to get left behind as gaming moves into multi-player/social media realms, but this Facebook thing does seem weird (i.e. sounds stupid). Maybe it will surprise us, though.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I can understand not wanting to get left behind as gaming moves into multi-player/social media realms, but this Facebook thing does seem weird (i.e. sounds stupid). Maybe it will surprise us, though.

Both of us know that its going to be something pointless.

Mwynn

Tenderness
So, in Square Enix's latest update in social sites they officially announced that we'll be expecting new info in December.

And it's now December. :D

That also kinda confirms we're getting a new trailer on Jump Festa this month. I'm excited.

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
Found this whilst browsing through Tumblr guys :monster:

"LR:FFXIII's dev team had an interview recently with 4gamer.net.

From what I’ve heard so far, the translated summary out in the internet is not all of what the interview had, which means there are still new tidbits of info we have yet to know. Anyways, this is what I know they’ve detailed out so far:

- Abe, the guy in charge of the gameplay mechanics, says he’s still working on how long a day should be in the game but for now they’ve decided it will be 1-2 hours (which we all know already).

- The game’s completion story-wise will indeed be shorter than previous entries BUT they confirmed that for a certain amount of new playthroughs you can go through different routes of game events, which will make you go, “hey, I don’t think I’ve seen this before!”. They decided it to be this way because they think that this will appeal both to busy people and to those serious gamers who are yearning for the 100-hour JRPG experience.

- The time flow in the game is real time, meaning that all activities in the world correspond with the time, which makes the world alive.

- The game will borrow some elements from the Luminous Engine, the engine Versus XIII will utilize. It should be graphically better than XIII and XIII-2.

Hopefully more translations will be done today, and see more new info in this week’s Famitsu.
"

Link if anyone's interested (Japanese only): http://www.4gamer.net/games/182/G018237/20121202001/

Last edited:

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
My Tumblr name is beneath-a-timeless-sky. :monster:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
- The game will borrow some elements from the Luminous Engine, the engine Versus XIII will utilize.

Well if nothing else, at least we'll get a glimpse of what vXIII will look like without an actual vXIII demo. I still need to see that skyline that's supposed to blow my pants off.

Lex

Administrator
:O Fangu I am horrified that this wasn't the first thing you said to me when I logged into IRC today!

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Found this on Twitter. Could it be hinting at something? :awesome:

261ds9s.png

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
I think it was this one:

2lm6tjo.jpg

I hope that it's a hint about the game, but not too sure at the moment.

Fangu

Great Old One
Hhhmmmm... well, the three voice actors are hanging at an awards ceremony, and to anyone not drinking it might be fairly obvious that 'olol it's Light, Snow and Serah'; but she felt she had to state it explicitly, either for being intoxicated, for the luls or purely for being evil. 8) That, or it's definitely a poke to the game. I do hope for the latter of course :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I dunno if someone already posted these, but I came across the official box art unveiling and some new images (I think).

Poster

01f643c1046c684ee611fda61c6b500b.jpg

Monster

1355187405_1800_2.jpg

These aren't new but they're pretty <3

1355187405_2559_original5.jpg

1355187405_9909_original.jpg

f8b7647df4c90c78228bd03aeb97f1cf.jpg

XBox art is the same except it has that horrible green XBoxness attached to it. Anyway, nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected but pretty pictures <3

Also only 11 days til the trailer wooo!!

The composers have also been revealed.

Random dood said:
Masashi Hamauzu, Mitsuto Suzuku, and Naoshi Mizuta will all return to their roles from &#8220;Final Fantasy XIII-2".

Top Bottom