SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Chaoticgumbo

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I disagree about the dream scene being more canon, the hug with Tifa fits much better story wise.
Since it brings closure to the flower plotline that went through the entire game. Also you have Tifa telling Leslie in chapter 15 that his pedant means 'Reunion' while giving Cloud a smile. Which seems like a reference of her telling him that she looked up the meaning of the flower he gave her.
Also if the sewer scene is the tie breaker of which girl you get than that points towards Tifa too, since you get a actual dialog if you go for her first, when you pick Aerith in that scene she just says something like we have to go to sector 7. And a ton of other stuff but you get the idea
That, and it’s also fitting because of the loss Tifa and the Avalanche crew just suffered. It hits home the emotions they are feeling at that moment due to their homes just being destroyed (again) and the losses they have suffered (again). Narratively it fits just perfect.

BlankBeat

Pro Adventurer
I disagree about the dream scene being more canon, the hug with Tifa fits much better story wise.
Since it brings closure to the flower plotline that went through the entire game. Also you have Tifa telling Leslie in chapter 15 that his pedant means 'Reunion' while giving Cloud a smile. Which seems like a reference of her telling him that she looked up the meaning of the flower he gave her.
Also if the sewer scene is the tie breaker of which girl you get than that points towards Tifa too, since you get a actual dialog if you go for her first, when you pick Aerith in that scene she just says something like we have to go to sector 7. And a ton of other stuff but you get the idea
Here is the order of events with respect to the flower:

Aerith gives the flower to Cloud.

Whether or not Cloud gives it to Tifa, it still initially represents the reunion between “lovers” Cloud & Aerith.

Tifa has to inquire about the flower. Cloud doesn’t automatically give it to her without prompting.

Later, when Cloud interacts with the flower, he still associates it with Aerith:

Cloud doesn’t want to admit to Aerith that he gave the flower away.

After going to Aerith’s house, which is filled with flowers, Tifa confronts Cloud about the origin of the flower (ie: Aerith). As if she knows Cloud's heart is with Aerith.

Regardless of all of this, the automatic trophy for the "Budding Bodyguard" chapter is "Reunion":

b6a9af9052b801025dcb97fb9b76dc717cbda2d8.png

In Japanese, the automatic trophy is titled "REUNION FLOWER."

BlankBeat

Pro Adventurer
The interactions in Wall Market are between Cloud, Aerith, Chocobo Sam, Madame M, Johnny, Leslie, and more. BB, please stop with the transparent double standards. We get that you want C/A to happen. It might. It might not. You are attempting to wedge everything into a very narrowly defined lens and ruining the remake and the old compilation as you do so.
Side characters don't count. I'm referring to main party members or those in the officially described love triangle.

CxA have one-on-one time in Wall Market.

CxT do not have one-on-one time in Shinra HQ due to Barret's presence (just like in the compilation :desu:).

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The editorializing in this thread is so wild to me.

Maybe being polyamorous for so many years has rendered me obtuse with regard to being able to see these things the way the average person does anymore, but I'm reading all these notions of how this or that scene fits the narrative better -- or how this or that bit of dialogue/possible symbolism/lingering gaze undermines someone's love for another person, as though the increase or decrease of love were comparable to increasing or decreasing the pH of a compound -- and I am just boggled and baffled. Perhaps even boffled and baggled.

Love isn't a finite resource that can only be allocated to a predetermined extent. Not even romantic love -- which is oddly the only love people act this way about. No one thinks that deciding to have a second child means the first one isn't loved as much anymore or that the parents want a "better" one.

Madness. =\

That, and it’s also fitting because of the loss Tifa and the Avalanche crew just suffered. It hits home the emotions they are feeling at that moment due to their homes just being destroyed (again) and the losses they have suffered (again). Narratively it fits just perfect.

Both of the women's Chapter 14 scenes fit perfect narratively. =P The developers were very clear that they went out of their way to give exposure and equivalent significance to scenes featuring them prominently, so they probably worked hard to make both scenes fit so well.

I sure do love the CxA interactions all being about rescuing Tifa. Aerith really wants those two to wind up together.
Unnecessary. Don't.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
You are making a comparison where there isn't one.

Wall Market is about rescuing Tifa. But the interactions are CxA.

The dream scene sets up Shinra HQ far more than the hug scene. Why? Because during the dream Cloud states he is "coming" for Aerith.

These are two entirely different points that are unrelated to each other.

Besides, the interactions in Shinra HQ are between Cloud, Tifa, *AND* Barret. The interactions in Wall Market are just CxA.

What are you talking about, It is the exact thing you are doing. That is what I am trying to tell you. Why are you ignoring the other sides point of view? You are completely dismissing anything that is brought up about Cloud and Tifa.

Reactions: LNK

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Side characters don't count. I'm referring to main party members or those in the officially described love triangle.

CxT do not have one-on-one time in Shinra HQ due to Barret's presence (just like in the compilation :desu:).
But Barret is not in the LT so he doesn't matter

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I guess it is time to go full Tifa X Cloud ship train:
Let's not do these kinds of posts, alright? That's not having an actual conversation in which observations flow organically and respectfully. It's just crushing someone with a wall of text, and encourages tl;dr back-and-forths of quote walls where no one is really trying to communicate or engage as people.

Also, like ... none of those are about the remake. =P

Chaoticgumbo

Lv. 25 Adventurer
The editorializing in this thread is so wild to me.

Maybe being polyamorous for so many years has rendered me obtuse with regard to being able to see these things the way the average person does anymore, but I'm reading all these notions of how this or that scene fits the narrative better -- or how this or that bit of dialogue/possible symbolism/lingering gaze undermines someone's love for another person, as though the increase or decrease of love were comparable to increasing or decreasing the pH of a compound -- and I am just boggled and baffled. Perhaps even boffled and baggled.

Love isn't a finite resource that can only be allocated to a predetermined extent. Not even romantic love -- which is oddly the only love people act this way about. No one thinks that deciding to have a second child means the first one isn't loved as much anymore or that the parents want a "better" one.

Madness. =\

Both of the women's Chapter 14 scenes fit perfect narratively. =P The developers were very clear that they went out of their way to give exposure and equivalent significance to scenes featuring them prominently, so they probably worked hard to make both scenes fit so well.

Never said Aerith’s scene didn’t fit perfectly. It was in response to the assertion that Tifa’s scene isn’t as “canon” as Aerith’s which I proceeded to point out that isn’t true. They both fit narratively depending on the perspective of the player.

a_apple

Pro Adventurer
AKA
orange
Here is the order of events with respect to the flower:

Aerith gives the flower to Cloud.

Whether or not Cloud gives it to Tifa, it still initially represents the reunion between “lovers” Cloud & Aerith.

Tifa has to inquire about the flower. Cloud doesn’t automatically give it to her without prompting.

Later, when Cloud interacts with the flower, he still associates it with Aerith:

Cloud doesn’t want to admit to Aerith that he gave the flower away.

After going to Aerith’s house, which is filled with flowers, Tifa confronts Cloud about the origin of the flower (ie: Aerith). As if she knows Cloud's heart is with Aerith.

Regardless of all of this, the automatic trophy for the "Budding Bodyguard" chapter is "Reunion":

b6a9af9052b801025dcb97fb9b76dc717cbda2d8.png

In Japanese, the automatic trophy is titled "REUNION FLOWER."
But how does that change anything I just said?

BlankBeat

Pro Adventurer
But Barret is not in the LT so he doesn't matter
I'm talking about one-on-one time.

But you are correct -- Barret doesn't count in regards to who Cloud loves.

But he does count in terms of being there to disrupt Cloud and Tifa's potential one-on-one time.

On the contrary, there are no core party members to disrupt Cloud and Aerith's one-on-one time in Wall Market.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer

Fine you are correct.

Did you play Chapter 3? Do you know that Tifa is in every Chapter of the game physically and or mentioned at least? Or did you conveniently forget that? Last time I checked Aerith wasn't even a second thought in Chapter 3 at all. It wasn't until Cloud fell through her church, when Cloud remembered Aerith.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I'm talking about one-on-one time.

But you are correct -- Barret doesn't count in regards to who Cloud loves.

But he does count in terms of being there to disrupt Cloud and Tifa's potential one-on-one time.

On the contrary, there are no core party members to disrupt Cloud and Aerith's one-on-one time in Wall Market.
Doesn't matter if they are party members or not. It's still not one on one time

BlankBeat

Pro Adventurer
Fine you are correct.

Did you play Chapter 3? Do you know that Tifa is in every Chapter of the game physically and or mentioned at least? Or did you conveniently forget that? Last time I checked Aerith wasn't even a second thought in Chapter 3 at all. It wasn't until Cloud fell through her church, when Cloud remembered Aerith.
I've already said:

1. Tifa's moments are overshadowed by Jessie (Tifa's promise scene occurs during Jessie's side-quest).

2. Once Aerith comes into the picture, Tifa's scenes are long forgotten due to Aerith's storyline driving the main narrative.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Let's not do these kinds of posts, alright? That's not having an actual conversation in which observations flow organically and respectfully. It's just crushing someone with a wall of text, and encourages tl;dr back-and-forths of quote walls where no one is really trying to communicate or engage as people.

Also, like ... none of those are about the remake. =P

I got that, but is it alright for that person to do the same? Sorry. It won't happen again.

Top Bottom