SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

BlankBeat

Pro Adventurer
Waiting to post this because I don't want to "double post"...

In the remake, Cloud remembers the promise on his own, no prompting. Jessie is totally irrelevant to this and you bringing her up is frankly bizarre.
I'm talking about timing. Pacing. The decision by SE to put the promise during the midst of Jessie's mission and not during another part of the game.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
I'm only "double posting" because I'm being responded to by multiple people in this thread all at once. Jeesh. As if I"m doing it on purpose.

Ugh.

I already addressed this:

The idea that other people would make Cloud and Aerith's one-on-one time null-and-void is just as ridiculous as saying that having other people around in a restaurant during a date somehow makes the date null-and-void.

Blank, No one here is doing such of a thing, everyone can agree that both girls got 1 on 1 time with Cloud. However, I can say the same thing about your posts. You are ignoring Chapter 3. Not sure why but you are? Maybe because Tifa and Cloud had a lot of alone time. Just saying....

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
promise scene occurs during Jessie's side-quest).

2. Once Aerith comes into the picture, Tifa's scenes are long forgotten due to Aerith's storyline driving the main narrative.
Nope. Just that it is overshadowed by Jessie and forgotten by the time Aerith is in the picture.

I answered those same questions a few posts ago, twice, why do you keep ignoring me, BB ?! :(:( jk jk :P

But really, you keep making the same arguments over and over, even though many people here have already explained why they don’t agree with you like... if it was a new argument on the same topic, I'd understand, but it’s literally exactly the same thing?

You're allowed to maintain your opinion regardless of what others think, but it's a little frustrating bc you keep ignoring what everyone here is saying if they don't completely agree with you :/

How about bringing other arguments? Remake is full of it and I would really love to hear them

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
The idea that other people would make Cloud and Aerith's one-on-one time null-and-void is just as ridiculous as saying that having other people around in a restaurant during a date somehow makes the date null-and-void.
weren't you saying stuff about barret being around somehow impacting cloud and tifa's relationship?

why are you bringing up dates. are cloud and aerith on a date when they running around doing quests or spending time apart? just say it allows them time to bond and get to know each other, which actually fits.

other people in a restaurant doesn't make a date 'null and void' but it means it's not one-on-one time. same for constantly interacting with other people.

In the Remake, the promise scene happens during Jessie's mission. The OG was far more favorable to Cloti in terms of the promise flashback, IMO. Why? Because in the Remake I saw the promise scene and didn't even have time for it to settle in due to being in the midst of Jessie's mission.
jessie doesn't even appear again until you're finished in the shinra facility and she doesn't trigger the flashback. is she overshadowing something in her absence? why not overshadowed by roche?

this sounds like a personal reaction to the scene. just because you don't remember the scene, doesn't mean jessie overshadowed it or whatever.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Hito, are Cloud and Aerith referred to as a couple in JP?, in EN they are referred to as lovebirds, power couple, etc, when they come out after winning the Don Corneo Cup there are even the NPCs cheering them while there is confetti in the air, I don't know what it's like in JP, but with things like get you a partner who supports you like that, etc, after Aerith actions in battle during the arena contest as well it felt like SE was providing a feast to me at times ?

a_apple

Pro Adventurer
AKA
orange
So, I ask you this. Are you saying that Tifa doesn't have any 1 on 1 time with Cloud during the entire game?
That's the same vibe I got; from her telling Cloud 'it will make your girlfriends day' To the bar scene with Marlene, to her not wanting to stay back for Cloud when he has his fight with Rufus, like she did in the og. I'm telling you guys she isn't into Cloud this time, since she already knows what's up with him.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I'm only "double posting" because I'm being responded to by multiple people in this thread all at once. Jeesh. As if I"m doing it on purpose.

Ugh.

I already addressed this:

I saw that after I posted, I apologize:)

People are only making it null and void, because you've done the same thing towards Tifa moments. I don't think people really care one way or the other, but they are just using your arguments against you

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Hito, are Cloud and Aerith referred to as a couple in JP?, in EN they are referred to as lovebirds, power couple, etc, when they come out after winning the Don Corneo Cup there are even the NPCs cheering them while there is confetti in the air, I don't know what it's like in JP, but with things like get you a partner who supports you like that, etc, after Aerith actions in battle during the arena contest as well it felt like SE was providing a feast to me at times ?

Hito, actually means "Person" in Japanese.

Lex

Administrator
Your tone is so rude and condescending.

Peace out, guys!! <3 <3 <3 <3

I wish you were capable of moving past whatever personal issue you have with me that causes you to be this hostile. I am direct. It's not personal, and you shouldn't take it as such. We're trying to move past all the rubbish from years ago, which is why you weren't immediately banned even though you technically should be (because you were banned from the section in its previous form) - like I said before, I'm trying to leave the door open for you to keep discussing whatever you want to discuss. You're making that incredibly difficult and I have no idea why. You obviously want to be here or you wouldn't have spent the last 20 odd pages posting, so for crying out loud just adhere to the rules and don't assume it's personal.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
The Ultimania mentions that two points are added towards the Tifa scene for each side quest completed in Chapter 3 and two are added towards the Aerith scene for each side quest completed in Chapter 8. Then whoever the player wakes up in the sewers gets 1 point.

Since folks who have completed all of both women's optional side quests report getting the scene with the woman they wake up in the sewers, it sounds like the developers designed it such that this mandatory decision serves as a tiebreaker.

On the one hand, I'm thrilled they've simplified the mechanics, made them fair, and officially communicated them. There's modern precedent in doing waifu missions so the sidequests aren't a big deal.

But using the sewers as a tiebreaker? Man what a shitload of fuck! Oh well. On the bright side, at least we can switch up the dialogue choices without screwing things up.

I disagree about the dream scene being more canon, the hug with Tifa fits much better story wise.
Since it brings closure to the flower plotline that went through the entire game. Also you have Tifa telling Leslie in chapter 15 that his pedant means 'Reunion' while giving Cloud a smile. Which seems like a reference of her telling him that she looked up the meaning of the flower he gave her.
Also if the sewer scene is the tie breaker of which girl you get than that points towards Tifa too, since you get a actual dialog if you go for her first, when you pick Aerith in that scene she just says something like we have to go to sector 7. And a ton of other stuff but you get the idea

I want to say Aerith already asked if Tifa was Cloud's girlfriend, back when he had a flashback in Ch. 8. In that case Aerith wouldn't need to be filled in, whereas Tifa's out of the loop and also an established worry wart. But I can't remember if that flashback was mandatory or part of a sidequest (it was in the kids' area I think). So maybe Aerith doesn't necessarily know.

Hadn't noticed that look Tifa gave Cloud though. "We'll meet again" and flashes a quick smile his way. Nice little detail!

how was that rude lol

it's short for 'hitoshura', which is the title given to the player character in shin megami tensei 3 nocturne

getting into some hito lore now

I still mentally translate your handles into vilaeth, lol.

a_apple

Pro Adventurer
AKA
orange
On the one hand, I'm thrilled they've simplified the mechanics, made them fair, and officially communicated them. There's modern precedent in doing waifu missions so the sidequests aren't a big deal.

But using the sewers as a tiebreaker? Man what a shitload of fuck! Oh well. On the bright side, at least we can switch up the dialogue choices without screwing things up.

I want to say Aerith already asked if Tifa was Cloud's girlfriend, back when he had a flashback in Ch. 8. In that case Aerith wouldn't need to be filled in, whereas Tifa's out of the loop and also an established worry wart. But I can't remember if that flashback was mandatory or part of a sidequest (it was in the kids' area I think). So maybe Aerith doesn't necessarily know.

Hadn't noticed that look Tifa gave Cloud though. "We'll meet again" and flashes a quick smile his way. Nice little detail!

I still mentally translate your handles into vilaeth, lol.
Yeah, but the devs could have put in anything to make her actually say something. Don't forget we aren't talking about real people here, there was a deliberate decision made to have her basically say nothing.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, but the devs could have put in anything to make her actually say something. Don't forget we aren't talking about real people here, there was a deliberate decision made to have her basically say nothing.

On that note, With Aerith and Tifa, there were a lot of those character interactions and nods throughout the game that can be easily missed if you don't pay attention.

Although, I was paying more attention to the facial expressions with Tifa, especially during that line at the Bar.

"beautiful" Oh, my! I even thought, was that a complement that Cloud actually meant!

Tifa's reaction of biting her bottom lip was precious!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
when you first go into the arena the first audience member to speak makes a jab asking if this is them stopping by while on a date or something (おいおい デートのついでかよ!), is that the 'lovebirds' thing in english?

i watched the scenes up to the point madam m goes to get her money and it's it's most some variation on couple up to that point (lucky couple, astonishing couple, etc.) but i'm too tired to watch more right now

I still mentally translate your handles into v̸̡̖͙̹̰̱̣͍͔̺̈͑͆̓̓ͅi̷̬̩̣͎̲̜̟̠̹̅̈́͂̚ļ̴̧̯̗̙̞͓͉͇̝͍͈̗̼͆̈͆̾̇̽͐̅͜ả̷͕̼͕͕͈͈̲̓̔̽̽̈́̒͗̂̕̚͜ę̸̧̻̟̖̙̲̘͍̝͊͊̔̉̒͐̒̆̋̏̀͜͝t̶̢͇͚̞̦̐̄̓͂͒̕h̸͔̜̤̀̔̃͝͠, lol.
that is the forbidden lore, let's jenova the shit out of that

Top Bottom