SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
1716854527181.png
We Have Reached the point where people don't believe Cloud is going insane at the end and not accepting Aeriths Death. This fandom is cooked, and I need Part 3 soon before i go insane. Someone help us we need to actually start gatekeeping this franchise and i hate gatekeepers BUT HOLY HELL how can you come to this conclusion.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
View attachment 16916
We Have Reached the point where people don't believe Cloud is going insane at the end and not accepting Aeriths Death. This fandom is cooked, and I need Part 3 soon before i go insane. Someone help us we need to actually start gatekeeping this franchise and i hate gatekeepers BUT HOLY HELL how can you come to this conclusion.

"Well, he is crazy, but that's not why"

1716854892588.png

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
My favorite moment in FF7 Rebirth is when Aerith pretends to be dead and Cloud is like "lol Aerith wake up".

Best joke ever.

Because she's really dead ! And Cloud knows about it ! What a dork this Cloud Strife.

Cloud at the beginning of Part 3: ….. who’s Aerith?

Everyone stares in horror at just how far gone Cloud’s psychosis has taken him.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
View attachment 16918
Someone Save Cloud from these people who don't understand his character in the slightest
actually scratch that who don't understand anything in this game or story in the slightest
Cloud has comforted his friends all throughout Rebirth at multiple times though? Like… that’s kinda the point of his character growth at this point? As well as his psychotic episodes growing in frequency and intensity?

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Perfect example of why I'm so "mad" at Nomura and his emo Cloud bullshit "because that's how people remember him."

He did so much damage to people's perception of this character (and I don't say that lightly. We're probably talking about my favorite designer and game creator)

No Cloud is not insensitive. It's literally just the opposite.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
Perfect example of why I'm so "mad" at Nomura and his emo Cloud bullshit "because that's how people remember him."

He did so much damage to people's perception of this character.

I need Part 3 and i need people to see how Cloud is actually like and not this brooding Heartless person they think he is.
Though Rebirth showed a lot of moments in this game so how they have come to this conclusion is Wild, though i bet if
i mention a certain character i can figure it out.
this is the video the comment is on really good video actually.

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
My favorite Cloud Strife trait is the part of him that doesn’t care about his comrades.

I have to believe that…these are the people that don’t actually play the game right? It has to be that.
he watched the scene 20 times and said don't patronize him OH im gonna XD

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel

He did so much damage to people's perception of this character (and I don't say that lightly. We're probably talking about my favorite designer and game creator)

It’s the best combination of being sensitive and compassionate but clearly unpracticed at comforting others that actually makes it endearing. Even if it’s a clumsy attempt, his intentions are on his sleeve.

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
Then he had his eyes closed.

I just can’t get over “WHY WOULD HE COMFORT HIS FRIENDS?”

There was even a whole arc about Cloud learning to comfort in Remake. Which he continues to be able to do as he comforts Tifa in Nibelheim when she nearly has a panic attack thinking of her dad.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Then he had his eyes closed.

I just can’t get over “WHY WOULD HE COMFORT HIS FRIENDS?”

There was even a whole arc about Cloud learning to comfort in Remake. Which he continues to be able to do as he comforts Tifa in Nibelheim when she nearly has a panic attack thinking of her dad.
I’m both looking forward to getting real Cloud fully voiced and mocapped for part 3, and dreading the reaction from people who legitimately didn’t know that Cloud isn’t an emo anime sword boy fr

Take a drink every time you see him called derogatory term and another example of “ruined male role models in games”

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
My favorite moment in FF7 Rebirth is when Aerith pretends to be dead and Cloud is like "lol Aerith wake up".

Best joke ever.

Because she's really dead ! And Cloud knows about it ! What a dork this Cloud Strife.
This is one of the weirdest things I never seen mentioned. In the "timeline" where Aerith is supposedly not stabbed....why does she still act as though something serious happened to her? Why doesn't she barrel roll out of the way and and attack Sephiroth? She's not groggy from some deep sleep or anything, she's just sitting there, she should be able to just react like a regular human being would when attacked, by going into a fight or flight response.

Instead she sits there for 5 hours while Cloud is holding off a descending blade, and then lies on the floor like she just had a god damn heart attack or something.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Cloud at the beginning of Part 3: ….. who’s Aerith?

Everyone stares in horror at just how far gone Cloud’s psychosis has taken him.
Please don't push my Rem button, I am still not over this.

View attachment 16916
I do feel some sympathy for this argument, because I can sort of see the narrative potential there is for the developers to go "you know what, everyone knows that Cloud is insane and an unreliable narrator. So lets put the audience in the shoes of the party and subvert this. Take advantage of the players assuming he's insane to pull one over on them." So I could see them making Cloud insane but still right about this one thing.
That's having been said, highly doubt it.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I guess i wasn't clear enough but that reply was meant to be towards whoever told you that, not you :mon:.
I know. Just providing some additional commentary.

Yeah definitely haven't come across anyone of them even mention of it's existence.
Same with the Ever Crisis character story where we get his interior thoughts about being strong for Tifa being the proof and purpose of his existence.

View attachment 16916
Cloud can both be insane and forgetting Aerith died and also be talking to Aerith's force ghost. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Aurenare

Lv. 1 Adventurer
This is one of the weirdest things I never seen mentioned. In the "timeline" where Aerith is supposedly not stabbed....why does she still act as though something serious happened to her? Why doesn't she barrel roll out of the way and and attack Sephiroth? She's not groggy from some deep sleep or anything, she's just sitting there, she should be able to just react like a regular human being would when attacked, by going into a fight or flight response.

Instead she sits there for 5 hours while Cloud is holding off a descending blade, and then lies on the floor like she just had a god damn heart attack or something.
I haven't played Rebirth yet (waiting for it to be on Steam, as my only gaming system is the Steam Deck), so I don't know how far off the current lore this question is but...

What if summoning Holy requires taking the life of the summoner?

It wouldn't matter then if Cloud stops Sephiroth's sword or not. Aerith would die anyway, because she would have to give up her life to summon Holy.

Type-0 does this with its summons. The bigger ones requiring the lives of many people to be summoned. An hell if it wasn't gut punching to watch it happen.

Like I said, just throwing an idea out there.

ViolaaFox

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Viola A. Fox
"Well, he is crazy, but that's not why"

View attachment 16917
"Never seen him so happy." Ngl that scene made me feel so sick. The entire atmosphere was so oppressive.

View attachment 16916
My new favourite redflag are the people who say that Cloud is perfectly fine in the end and it's the group that doesn't see what's going on. Madness at it's purest.

View attachment 16918
Someone Save Cloud from these people who don't understand his character in the slightest
actually scratch that who don't understand anything in this game or story in the slightest
I don't know what you all have. Cloud just has a really bad migraine, someone should give him some aspirin.

Empyrea

Pro Adventurer
I won't xP
But that won't stop me from judging them with extreme prejudice.

What if summoning Holy requires taking the life of the summoner?
That would be quite the change, because in OG, Aerith successfully prayed for Holy before she died. It was part of her tragedy -- her death wasn't necessary (at least in terms of summoning Holy).

I just had a convo with a friend (my partner, actually) who only watched AC (never played OG, though, or even know the entire story), and he said Cloud in the movie is just "him as usual."

AC needs a rewrite so bad...

Last edited:

Yoru

Pro Adventurer

This is why I don’t buy the whole « she’s alive somewhere, he created a new reality »

No. She’s dead. And Tifa’s POV is just to show us that the team is seeing all the blood while Cloud can’t. Because he doesn’t want to.

What he did was creating a world in his head. At best.

why-are-they-so-mean-to-him-when-they-were-there-in-the-v0-gakx1ek38nyc1.jpg

Top Bottom