SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
View attachment 16934

Sadly I don't think she could enjoy a normal period for a very long time. And yes, I want to see a redo too.
I know he vanishes pretty close to the end of the book (And I suspect it coincides with when he learns he has the stigma too). I mean during the middle, the part where things are rolling along smoothly for them for some time after Denzel shows up. Sorry if there was confusion there.

Empyrea

Pro Adventurer
I've been reading this manga called Parasyte (1989-1994) and I thought it was interesting because it's a bit like FF7, I think. I probably need to spoiler this but the gist of it is that

the main character, Shinichi Izumi, gets his right arm eaten by a parasite and afterwards they share a body. Lots of battles and horror twists happen. He has a girl he likes, Satomi Murano, from before he became infected. This girl is basically his "human heart" who liked the human, weak side of him. Then through happenstance he met another girl, Kana Kimishima, who likes the strong parasite side of him. Well, Kana eventually gets attacked by a parasite and she dies in Shinichi's arms while he finds out that she liked him. He's troubled by this and Murano is troubled by this, not only because Shinichi blew off a date with her to go meet Kana before she died and because Shinichi is "so cold about it" (he's most likely dissociating). Murano tries to get Shinichi to open up about it but he can't so for now the two have broken up.

Because Tifa asks Cloud if he loves her in the middle of the night, after which he wakes up and then goes back to sleep. And the room could just as well mean his office, I think. But people who have read CoT more recently can reply to this, lol. Edit: I mean, "his own room" probably means his office.
And I was just listening to the track most associated with Kana (Next to You) while writing a fic today. What a coincidence :mon:
But as someone who had at least seen that anime, they do have similarities, yeah.

There's one more possible similarity that will come up later x3

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
I know he vanishes pretty close to the end of the book (And I suspect it coincides with when he learns he has the stigma too). I mean during the middle, the part where things are rolling along smoothly for them for some time after Denzel shows up. Sorry if there was confusion there.

Anyway, I don't think there's any point in looking too far. Their quarrel as a couple is there to create drama for drama's sake. It wasn't Nojima's first intention, he just had to adapt to make the links with the emo Cloud that Nomura wanted.

Cloud himself considers her his other half. From that point on, there's no point in looking for dirt. Sorry for the deniers.

1717102454442.png

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
We are now two almost two months after Nojima confirmed that No Promises to Keep is about everyone, yet people still won't accept it.

At this point, does it even matter if part 3 is a Cloti fest? If they won't listen to the guy who wrote the game, then who are they going to listen to? The echoes, if I had to guess.

----

About Jenova, while you obviously shouldn't put too much faith in it, there's an important thing to distinguish here.

What matters more here is who Cloud suspects it is, who it actually is isn't really relevant to this discussion.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Anyway, I don't think there's any point in looking too far. Their quarrel as a couple is there to create drama for drama's sake. It wasn't Nojima's first intention, he just had to adapt to make the links with the emo Cloud that Nomura wanted.

Cloud himself considers her his other half. From that point on, there's no point in looking for dirt. Sorry for the deniers.

View attachment 16935
Oh, yes, the entire story is predicated on their having a relationship during which Cloud and Tifa's anxieties get the better of them. I just want a more coherent timeline.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
We are now two almost two months after Nojima confirmed that No Promises to Keep is about everyone, yet people still won't accept it.

At this point, does it even matter if part 3 is a Cloti fest? If they won't listen to the guy who wrote the game, then who are they going to listen to? The echoes, if I had to guess.

----

About Jenova, while you obviously shouldn't put too much faith in it, there's an important thing to distinguish here.

What matters more here is who Cloud suspects it is, who it actually is isn't really relevant to this discussion.
There will always be crazies. Like the people still trying to insist that there's no canon version of the highwind scene and anyways nothing happened anyways but also they want to give it to Aerith instead.

We translated the For the One I love page over 14 years ago now. Almost 14 and a half. That convinced a lot of people, but it made the diehards double down for a few months before they if not accepted it, accepted that no one was buying their bullshit and returned to preaching exclusively to the choir.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel

----

At this point, leave them to the delusion. If part 3 is a satisfying conclusion to all the plot threads woven so far, I’ll just happily play and play and play while they make webs of conspiracy boards to explain it all away.

Yeah, I just think the Jenova thing is just a way to explain how it manipulates effectively. Why use Glenn to trick Rufus? Because he was the best candidate to put Rufus off his game. Does it matter if Rufus feared or loved Glenn? Nope, just that Glenn was the right one to use for whatever reason.

Also, Sephiroth is the absolute worst source to use without some backup info lol but yeah the fact that Cloud instantly thinks Tifa is telling.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
What I can't wrap my head around is the logic. Nojima has said before that, for sure, when he was writing Advent Children, he knew that Cloud and Tifa would be back home together where they belonged, yet this same guy supposedly wrote Clerith anthem, like what??

There will always be crazies. Like the people still trying to insist that there's no canon version of the highwind scene and anyways nothing happened anyways but also they want to give it to Aerith instead.

We translated the For the One I love page over 14 years ago now. Almost 14 and a half. That convinced a lot of people, but it made the diehards double down for a few months before they if not accepted it, accepted that no one was buying their bullshit and returned to preaching exclusively to the choir.
People out here really believe Cloud regrets hugging and comforting Tifa in Remake, that it was a "mistake"

Surely I'm being trolled? I actually feel like I'm going crazy. People don't actually think this?

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie

----

Honestly, what matters most is that Aerith had about 5 heart felt goodbyes. Those aren't just to Cloud, they're to the player. If after that she's not gone then......they suck at storytelling.

im about to link you a post thats just using AI as translations WILD
https://www.reddit.com/r/cloudxaerith/comments/1d0bsr2
HAHAHAHAHAHA, oh wow.

Last edited:

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
FREE DEPRESSION TIME MR CLOUD STRIFE

View attachment 16936
Ooooh so this is why Cloud goes to the church in AC. He wants Aerith to shoot him so they can be together. 😭

BUT SERIOUSLY. It literally undoes all the progress Cloud made in the games lmao. In CoT he does A LOT to comfort Tifa and encourage her to move on. He holds her when she cries, tells her to give the bar a try, etc etc. So it’s not like Cloud couldn’t be there for her.

It’s hard for me to believe that Cloud thought the best thing he could do was go die alone and leave Tifa and the kids. If he could, for the most part, bounce back from seeing Aerith die in his face, he can’t at least be there while Denzel is suffering too?

I don’t know, I try not to think of AC too much anymore and hope somehow they work some magic that Sephiroth does for good now and the AC timeline is null.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Honestly, what matters most is that Aerith had about 5 heart felt goodbyes. Don't aren't just to Cloud, they're to the player. If after that she's not gone then......they suck at storytelling.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, oh wow.
The goodbye at the very end felt veeeery much aimed at the audience even though she wasn’t looking into the camera.

Totally agree, if she’s all over the place in part 3, then I’ll be retroactively upset that they spent so much time on her supposed “goodbye”.

If they wanted to keep her alive, then sure I’m down to see that story only because I think nothing would really change that much, but if you’re gonna kill her, then do it. Again, tell the story you want to tell with your chest out, and your back straight.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
BUT SERIOUSLY. It literally undoes all the progress Cloud made in the games lmao.

Spending two games (maybe three) showing us how capable he is of confiding in Tifa, even to the point of literally talking about a supposed illness that's killing him, only to end up in AC with a Cloud afraid of Tifa because Mom's going to yell at him if she finds out he's been hanging around Aerith's grave..?

Not to mention leaving overnight without giving any news. Because clearly Cloud has never shown in FF7 that Tifa's opinion matters to him. It's not Cloud at all who's already apologized for not living up to “being Cloud” after all Tifa has done for him.

I agree that people have the right to have relapses. But the way you handle it in AC. Sorry, but that's a no for me.

The goodbye at the very end felt veeeery much aimed at the audience even though she wasn’t looking into the camera.

Totally agree, if she’s all over the place in part 3, then I’ll be retroactively upset that they spent so much time on her supposed “goodbye”.

If they wanted to keep her alive, then sure I’m down to see that story only because I think nothing would really change that much, but if you’re gonna kill her, then do it. Again, tell the story you want to tell with your chest out, and your back straight.

Yeah. I'm sorry but it's not Aertih's game. Never was. Her death marks the end of the first of three acts in a classic movie structure.

You can't talk to me about the weight of a death if the person is more alive than ever.

Even less so after "playing the violin" for the entire end of the previous game.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Spending two games (maybe three) showing us how capable he is of confiding in Tifa, even to the point of literally talking about a supposed illness that's killing him, only to end up in AC with a Cloud afraid of Tifa because Mom's going to yell at him if she finds out he's been hanging around Aerith's grave..?

Not to mention leaving overnight without giving any news. Because clearly Cloud has never shown in FF7 that Tifa's opinion matters to him. It's not Cloud at all who's already apologized for not living up to “being Cloud” after all Tifa has done for him.

I agree that people have the right to have relapses. But the way you handle it in AC. Sorry, but that's a no for me.

Yeah. I'm sorry but it's not Aertih's game. Never was. Her death marks the end of the first of three acts in a classic movie structure.

You can't talk to me about the weight of a death if the person is more alive than ever.

Even less so after "playing the violin" for the entire end of the previous game.
Which is why I’m confused some people are so convinced they’re going to shove her death scene in our face upwards of 3 more times in part 3.

I’m sorry, but Nibelheim is the defining set piece of FF7, not Aerith’s death. Yes, it’s an iconic scene, but it’s shown twice in the original game and that’s it.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Which is why I’m confused some people are so convinced they’re going to shove her death scene in our face upwards of 3 more times in part 3.

I’m sorry, but Nibelheim is the defining set piece of FF7, not Aerith’s death. Yes, it’s an iconic scene, but it’s shown twice in the original game and that’s it.

I find this argument silly because showing Cloud that Aerith is really dead is totally irrelevant. How does it prove that Cloud doesn't exist and that he's just a doll created from Tifa's memories? It doesn't.

Only the events of Nibel can contradict his existence.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFVIIRemake/comments/1d4ew3u/_/l6e1oqz Hey guys new claim AC was apparently meant to be about Cloud Aerith and the kids despite Aerith being dead?
20 mins short apparently theres a magazine that says this XD
I saw that. I have no fucking clue what this magazine is, and aside from "it tells them exactly what they want to hear" there's no reason to think of it as more authoritative then Nojima saying the first thing he decided about the film, while it was still a short film, was that Cloud and Tifa would be together.
Seriously, though, "We can't trust any human translator, let's put out faith in AI!"
(AI is literally just scraping the internet for information. You're just mashing together various human translators except now they have no ability to understand context)

Ooooh so this is why Cloud goes to the church in AC. He wants Aerith to shoot him so they can be together. 😭

BUT SERIOUSLY. It literally undoes all the progress Cloud made in the games lmao. In CoT he does A LOT to comfort Tifa and encourage her to move on. He holds her when she cries, tells her to give the bar a try, etc etc. So it’s not like Cloud couldn’t be there for her.

It’s hard for me to believe that Cloud thought the best thing he could do was go die alone and leave Tifa and the kids. If he could, for the most part, bounce back from seeing Aerith die in his face, he can’t at least be there while Denzel is suffering too?
I stand by the idea that Cloud isn't there to die, he's there to ask Aerith for a miracle for Denzel, and for forgiveness for his sin of failure. He doesn't tell Tifa this because she doesn't like that he's turned their good friend and her best friend into a symbol of failure.

I don’t know, I try not to think of AC too much anymore and hope somehow they work some magic that Sephiroth does for good now and the AC timeline is null.
I want sort of the opposite, but also in the pursuit of laying AC bullshit to rest. I want it fully redone, with explicit motivations discussed. Staring at camera if need be.

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
And I was just listening to the track most associated with Kana (Next to You) while writing a fic today. What a coincidence :mon:
But as someone who had at least seen that anime, they do have similarities, yeah.

There's one more possible similarity that will come up later x3
Oh, now I'm curious. Mind telling me which part? XD

Also, I don't know. Wasn't AC made mostly to sell merchandise, lol? Or maybe that was just my impression because I remember all those loving close-ups of flip phones, lmao.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Also, I don't know. Wasn't AC made mostly to sell merchandise, lol? Or maybe that was just my impression because I remember all those loving close-ups of flip phones, lmao.
I think it was made to flaunt how much they could do after the merge.

I think it was Nomura who said that it was a small project, but then after the merge "they had all this money" or something.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Really? I never heard that. Rather they were creating a small project for fun (CT with the kids bringing them a message from Aerith) and it grew bigger and bigger so they ended up making a movie. I think for them it was training at first and exploring how to create a movie, learning a lot at that time.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Really? I never heard that. Rather they were creating a small project for fun (CT with the kids bringing them a message from Aerith) and it grew bigger and bigger so they ended up making a movie. I think for them it was training at first and exploring how to create a movie, learning a lot at that time.
The story of it’s conception always struck me as AC being the product of needing to justify it being a movie vs a short so they piled on all these internal and external conflicts and it ballooned out of control vs this is the story we’ve been eager to tell.

And we’ve been on cleanup duty ever since. Always a shame when it feels like the business side of things overshadows the creative side.

Top Bottom