SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I mean, Cloud did practically hiss at that item shop guy. And if you get Barret's Ch. 14 scene, it talks about Tifa dissing some guy that gave her flowers and Cloud's all like Damn Straight. So he's a bit territorial which is a new look for him.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I linked an article which contended that Tifa is important more in her bearing on Cloud than the plot directly, while Aerith tends more toward bearing on the plot than Cloud (albeit she has that too, just earlier and isn't her ultimate purpose). I mistakenly said Hamaguchi said it because I skimmed. Theozilla caught this and I copped to it, so good for him. I still think that's a valid description even if someone official never said it.

And that's fine if you agree with someones opinion. But, other people will disagree, so unless its an official statement, you should be OK with that. Its one one those agree to disagree things, since there is no clear cut answer.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
do you think it was all intentional that he'd have to save her? I mean if you're gonna argue that those moments are substantial relationship fodder instead of teasing the fans then yea that's biased.

You completely lost me on this, what you are saying is so vague and very ambiguous and trying to diminish any physical contact with Cloud as relationship fodder. Why are you calling those moments relationship fodder when they are not. I believe you are the one being biased.

Here are just a few examples here,

Cloud grabbing Tifa on top of Sector 7 plate and holding her hand while running before it all tumbles down, is relationship building. Also, pulling Tifa into himself in the same part of the game, is relationship building.

Another example, giving Tifa the famed yellow flower at the Seventh Heaven. Is relationship building.

CH14 Hug. Relationship building.

It doesn't have to be romantic all the time to be relationship building. Although, it could be rightfully argued that they are romantic. Depending on what lens you are looking through.

Edited: sorry, I had more to say.

Last edited:

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Edited to add, I liked the Tifa that was silently going after Cloud in her own reserved way. Not the Tifa, that can't keep her hands off of him. (what the hell am I saying!)
I like her attitude. Her cheeky ways were hinted at in the Compilation but we never had been able to enjoy it until now (Sephiroth's scolding Zack for not knowing what materia is and Tifa laughing in the background was always been one of my favorite moments ever). I like how she's not a Yamato Nadeshiko trope anymore.

I love that Tifa wears her heart completely on her sleeve, but I feel like Aerith isn't quite as bubbly as she appears. She seems a bit practiced in putting on a smile, plays her cards close to the vest, and doesn't really wear her pain for others to see. Foils and all that.
Actually, I noticed that. Sometimes she's bubbly and full of excitement and sometimes it's like she's forcing herself to smile and keep going.
Night Scene Aerith if that's what you want.png
In this scene, I felt more melancholy than happiness or romance. In some parts, I felt she was almost mournful. I like how Tifa and Aerith are foils for each other in a more mature and balanced way in the Remake.

I want them to bang now, but I don't want them to bang.
To bang or not to bang, how is this even a question. :smashedmonster:

ETA: When I said this
My somewhat educated guess is that they're presenting Tifa as more open and relaxed towards Cloud in this part because they want to show how she retreats into herself when Cloud's memory and behavioural issues start pilling up.
I should have clarified that I was expecting it after visiting Nibelheim. More like she can't deal with her past and her own problems, and Cloud's problems are too much for her to handle. I didn't want to imply that she would push him away for his own problems, just that she doesn't know how to deal with hers.

Last edited:

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
I like her attitude. Her cheeky ways were hinted at in the Compilation but we never had been able to enjoy it until now (Sephiroth's scolding Zack for not knowing what materia is and Tifa laughing in the background was always been one of my favorite moments ever). I like how she's not a Yamato Nadeshiko trope anymore.

Actually, I noticed that. Sometimes she's bubbly and full of excitement and sometimes it's like she's forcing hersel to smile and keep going.
View attachment 5896
In this scene, I felt more melancholy than happiness or romance. In some parts, I felt she was almost mournful. I like how Tifa and Aerith are foils for each other in a more mature and balanced way in the Remake.

To bang or not to bang, how is this even a question. :smashedmonster:

ETA: When I said

I absolutely agree with you with the way Aerith looked in that CH14 scene. It was very sad, and I felt very bad for her. She knows she has to sacrifice herself to save the planet. Poor Cloud, he just sometimes can't win.

The motion capture in this game is fanominial!

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
I absolutely agree with you with the way Aerith looked in that CH14 scene. It was very sad, and I felt very bad for her. She knows she has to sacrifice herself to save the planet. Poor Cloud, he just sometimes can't win.

I'm not sure if she knows for sure, but if she does she doesn't want to hurt him and it's touching. Aerith sometimes is too bubbly and cheesy for my tastes but that was very sweet, in a really tender way. In the OG, I got the impression that she wasn't concerned about Cloud's wellbeing, at least not until the Gold Saucer... and lots of time her tone-deafness was... like a high five in the face with a chair lol. Which isn't a problem by itself, but the fact that no one in the party seemed to notice her behaviour bothered me (I had a soft spot for Barret since the OG).
In the Remake she cares about Cloud so funnily enough, I can see people shipping them while in the past I never understood why.

:moar:

The motion capture in this game is fanominial!
Great typo! :lol: Very appropiate ;)

Maidenofwar

They/Them
I love that Tifa wears her heart completely on her sleeve, but I feel like Aerith isn't quite as bubbly as she appears. She seems a bit practiced in putting on a smile, plays her cards close to the vest, and doesn't really wear her pain for others to see. Foils and all that.

Very much like Vanille!, another of my favorites, maybe even my second most fav FF character after Aerith ?

TifaxCloud

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
TiaxZatch
I mean, Cloud did practically hiss at that item shop guy. And if you get Barret's Ch. 14 scene, it talks about Tifa dissing some guy that gave her flowers and Cloud's all like Damn Straight. So he's a bit territorial which is a new look for him.

He's always disliked boys around Tifa, ever since he was a child. But yeah, the way it's expressed is a new look.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
He's always disliked boys around Tifa, ever since he was a child. But yeah, the way it's expressed is a new look.

Cloud is very protective of Tifa in the Remake, in fact I think it is border lines obsessive. There are several instances in the game where I felt like that was his number 1 priority no matter what the mission he was on.

b96cef6d9ee39f1bc26d6e5c4ba91c33.jpg

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
i am replaying chapter 3 and the extra quest with tifa is called ふたりきりの時間, which is 'alone time (time between two people alone)'

and i just thought that was ironic

Previously on the LTD thread.....

Side characters don't count. I'm referring to main party members or those in the officially described love triangle.

CxA have one-on-one time in Wall Market.

CxT do not have one-on-one time in Shinra HQ due to Barret's presence (just like in the compilation :desu:).

Ironic indeed!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Can we trust this, Hito?

You're a Cloti general.
vdBvIQ4.png

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer

ooooff topic sorry but..

The way they keep touching each other all the time in the Remake was like...maybe due to the graphics and their more reserved personalities in the OG, I always thought the HW scene to be such a 'bold' moment for both of them, but these two here?! Not so much lol

But as a wise man once said: " They're young, right?! so wouldn't they just do it?" ;)

Last edited:

Chaoticgumbo

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Are you still on a date with someone if you go to a restaurant and other people are there?

Depends. If your primary goal

Don’t forget Chocobo Sam. Cloud is all like hey buddy watch yourself attitude when Sam gushes about Tifa’s physique.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I was actually surprised that they did the Cloud/Tifa hand grab thing at the end, on Shinra tower. Usually when we see that shot its Cloud reaching for Aerith's hand but grabbing hold of Tifa. The remake recreated that shot without Aerith's involvement, which was interesting and unexpected.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
I was actually surprised that they did the Cloud/Tifa hand grab thing at the end, on Shinra tower. Usually when we see that shot its Cloud reaching for Aerith's hand but grabbing hold of Tifa. The remake recreated that shot without Aerith's involvement, which was interesting and unexpected.

What Tifa said was interesting as well. "You got to be better than this, if you are going to play the hero." Ouch!

Play the Hero

Edited to add, the first few notes of Tifa's Theme! I forgot about that.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer

This is my fav Cloti Interaction in the game. I think it shows a lot of what I personally like about them. It's not even the hand grab thing, but the mutual comfort they can provide to one another ( on and off battles).

Also, I did speak about this in the Cloti Club, but It's very interesting how the "hero" theme was brought here again, but in a different context from both Aerith and Jessie calling Cloud their "hero".

Last edited:
Top Bottom