SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Just have to say this is very touchy ~ Zerith indeed very star crossed lovers~
This make sense on Remake's last scene

How Zack is trying so hard and Aerith knows its too late she's sad about it and stays where she is ( if you understand the metaphor of it .. she's can't let it go but can't move on either ) death indeed separates them.

Back in Remake I'm excited in Zack's return because he's absolutely awesome but in FF7Rebirth ( with all of the leaks) I somehow question ( A bit ) the point of devs returning him. I need to play it again and cry again for him.

Screenshot-2024-02-27-173918.png
For some reason, this post made me re-evaluate Aeriths character and now it kinda feels like she's just very....very horny... like at each point she's trying to get a dude but stuff just keeps going wrong. She can't get Zack in this world, she can't get Zack in that world, Zack Cloud is going after Tifa, and despite her trying to sell her flower at each turn, Aerith dies, virgin for life, pent up beyond belief. Honestly kinda makes me feel for her XD

loozzer

Pro Adventurer
I don’t think we’re allowed to link stuff anymore but there’s a streamer who’s playing rebirth right now. Very interesting to me how
during cloud and tifa’s fight in kalm she basically accuses him of not being there for her after the nibelheim incident and then tells cloud she was happy to see him in midgar but now she’s not so sure anymore. There is a lot more conflict here than I thought. Which I think makes romance stuff that’s been leaked seem more meaningful

I think someone on 4chan linked it if anyone’s interested

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
I don’t think we’re allowed to link stuff anymore but there’s a streamer who’s playing rebirth right now. Very interesting to me how
during cloud and tifa’s fight in kalm she basically accuses him of not being there for her after the nibelheim incident and then tells cloud she was happy to see him in midgar but now she’s not so sure anymore. There is a lot more conflict here than I thought. Which I think makes romance stuff that’s been leaked seem more meaningful

I think someone on 4chan linked it if anyone’s interested
Ahhh how do I find it?

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Just have to say this is very touchy ~ Zerith indeed very star crossed lovers~
I also explain why they're similar to Romeo & Juliet in previous post
Man, I hope many people will write an essay about that so Wiki will include them as modern example in Star-Cross Love page. I tried to edit it since it mentions Clerith, but the admin always revert it.

For some reason, this post made me re-evaluate Aeriths character and now it kinda feels like she's just very....very horny... like at each point she's trying to get a dude but stuff just keeps going wrong. She can't get Zack in this world, she can't get Zack in that world, Zack Cloud is going after Tifa, and despite her trying to sell her flower at each turn, Aerith dies, virgin for life, pent up beyond belief. Honestly kinda makes me feel for her XD
Is this sarcasm?

I think the concept of date in Aerith's mind is different since she call her shopping time with Tifa is a "date" too. In Crisis Core, Zack doesnt consider that him & Aerith going out as she take her to go out of Sector 5 is a date. This is the convo:
"I'll buy you something"
"But you're paying me with one date, no?"
"I thought you aren't interested."
"Ooooh..."
"Okay, it's for memento of our meeting."

Then, since it isnt considered a date, Aerith take an initiative to go date.
"How about we go to the park?"
"Sounds like a date!"

Zack would specific mention if it was a date or not like this scene:
"If I can do it, then we go on one more date."
"If you cant do it, you must grant me tiny wish"
But probably, for Aerith, all that moment spent with him is always a date.

This is also why, the moment she and Cloud escape from Reno till Aerith's house is called a date by Aerith. And if there's any Cleriths claim Aerith go on date with Cloud 10 times in Rebirth, so it is (according to Aerith, not Cloud). I think she's kind of innocent; the devs and her JP VA address this trait.

he fell asleep on the stream
If this is the same person, I've watched him till chapter 3 and waiting him finish chapter 7. But unfortunately, he just got a DMCA notification and his videos are taken down.

Last edited:
Reactions: LNK

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
I also explain why they're similar to Romeo & Juliet in previous post
Man, I hope many people will write an essay about that so Wiki will include them as modern example in Star-Cross Love page. I tried to edit it since it mentions Clerith, but the admin always revert it.

Its resonates again Zack's line in one of the earlier trailer " I'm sorry feels like.. I failed you.." oh Zack~you tried really hard. Fate just isn't in your favor. I think its because of his 'passion' that somehow Aerith is having the hard time too..

Nope sorry its just me crying for Zerith. ~

frosty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Snowman
Interesting. I wonder if that's their way of leading people down a "canon" route.

I'm inclined to believe that all dates are canon, just like how i felt in remake all resolutions are canon, but from a story telling pov, my hypothesis is that casual players will be lead to a particular direction thier first playthrough because Rebirth is going to lean heavily into Sephiroth gaslighting Cloud and in order to unveil more of this, you're forced to interact more with Tifa and do her quests

From what I've seen, those people who go the Aerith route are those people who aren't too
plot driven, but just really really love Aerith and Cloud.

Would be interesting if this was backed by mechanics cos back in the day, Cloud / Aerith supporters were absolutely adamant Cloud/Aerith were canon cos she started with more date points than Tifa.

thetriplerhyme

Pro Adventurer
AKA
thetriplerhyme
That's what I have to add that in Aerith's portrayal. A new flaw in her character.
And when she meets the truth as she watches from the Lifestream, also reunite with the first love she can't move on from; that's when she cherishes Cloud both as her friend and as someone she had loved.

Not because I'm a hardcore cloti but i appreciate this flaw of Aerith I didnt see in OG. To me it makes her a real human being ( sorry I have bad impression of her ) It may have been selfish but there isn't much she can do on her feelings.

( I didnt wanna admit (personally ) she genuinely have feelings for cloud or did she fell for him - this is up for debate whatever it is)

That last date she has it indeed irony CA are all saying this is their 'moment' just based on leaks itself to be honest I feel bad for her. She knows Zack's gone but never got the closure and he just 'dissapeared'

The Ribbon cannot be replaced she only have brooch
And after 'that' dream I'm kinda expecting she's still wearing that Ribbon ( just speculation on my part) if this is true that's one proof that she can never let it go too. ( Zack )

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
( I didnt wanna personally she genuinely have feelings for cloud or did she feel for him - this is up for debate whatever it is)
You get me wrong, that was my old perception on her before Rebirth leak ending that I have to reconstruct it and accepting that she can't move on as a flaw I thought it didn't exist. I thought I've detailed it on that post

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
JP reviewer said that, if your affinity point on Aerith & Tifa are equal, you'll get Tifa's date instead.
I've seen this float around, but did this person confirm that they had the equal point values and not just the same bond icon? Apparently Red ends up being the chosen date if you do all character bond quests in the game before the date, because he got more quests or such, so even if they all have the same icon at that point, Red still has more overall points.

Ruri

Pro Adventurer
JP reviewer said that, if your affinity point on Aerith & Tifa are equal, you'll get Tifa's date instead.
I love my Cloud/Tifa but I don't like this floating around either. This is one person that claimed this and when asked to do the maths, no one was able to give an answer. Think it's better to wait for the game to drop so people can properly calculate what adds up to what with the points.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Based on PhillyRebirth thread there doesn't seem to be any too much romance driven narrative so far or romance interfering or disrupting narrative or anything like that like some were worried about. They are only up to finishing Costa Del Sol though.

Based on what I've been seeing so far from that thread it's been making me feel better because from some of the interpretations so far they made it seem like Aerith was making Cloud go on dates everywhere (their words) and I was worried for her. It seems some things are more optional than previously thought. Unless I'm misunderstanding that thread
Cloud meeting Aerith on beach is optional?

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Is there proof of that? Has he played all the dates for all the characters? I’m curious now 🤔

I believe Darth Kid did? but he used the chapter selection if I'm not mistaken. He got the Red X date after completing most of the side quests since Red is the one with more side quests from what I understood. I'm not sure if there's any information about which is the default date or if there's such a thing as a default one. In the OG, if I remember correctly, we had a points system, and Aerith started with more points from the beginning, but we have no such information for the Remake.

So maybe everyone starts with an equal percentage, and your interactions/side quests with them decide which one you'll get. While it seems we can't see what percentage that is because we have the emojis in place, there's probably still some difference in it even if both characters have the same emoji at the moment.

Edit to add conclusion, lol

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
I believe Darth Kid did? but he used the chapter selection if I'm not mistaken. He got the Red X date after completing most of the side quests since Red is the one with more side quests from what I understood. I'm not sure if there's any information about which is the default date or if there's such a thing as a default one. In the OG, if I remember correctly, we had a points system, and Aerith started with more points from the beginning, but we have no such information for the Remake.

So maybe everyone starts with an equal percentage, and your interactions/side quests with them decide which one you'll get. While it seems we can't see what percentage that is because we have the emojis in place, there's probably still some difference in it even if both characters have the same emoji at the moment.

Edit to add conclusion, lol
Darth did mention that there are point values that you can see in chapter select iirc and he deduced that you might need around 75%, because he didn't get Yuffie the high affection date who was at 70% while he did get one for Aerith who was at 75% or was it 76%, somewhere like that.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Darth did mention that there are point values that you can see in chapter select iirc and he deduced that you might need around 75%, because he didn't get Yuffie the high affection date who was at 70% while he did get one for Aerith who was at 75% or was it 76%, somewhere like that.
Oh, didn't know that! Thank for letting me know! :) Did he mention/noticed if all the characters started with the same value in the beginning?

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
Based on PhillyRebirth thread there doesn't seem to be any too much romance driven narrative so far or romance interfering or disrupting narrative or anything like that like some were worried about. They are only up to finishing Costa Del Sol though.

Based on what I've been seeing so far from that thread it's been making me feel better because from some of the interpretations so far they made it seem like Aerith was making Cloud go on dates everywhere (their words) and I was worried for her. It seems some things are more optional than previously thought. Unless I'm misunderstanding that thread
This is good news if so. i Decided not to read Phillys chapter summaries, couse i want to at least experience the chapters as a whole myself.

I was hoping for them to build up Aeriths friendships with the other characters more so than hyper focus on her just trying to have dates with Cloud, so if true, i'm glad they aren't shoehorning dates only in there.

Hellenic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Hellenic
Oh, didn't know that! Thank for letting me know! :) Did he mention/noticed if all the characters started with the same value in the beginning?
I don't think he mentioned anything about that, but i'd imagine they would, just like they did in Remake.

Nal

Pro Adventurer

You can go on dates with Tifa and Aerith there mostly just fun character moments with them

Top Bottom