SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

mimi_scarlet

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Mimi
man there was so much going on with the ending and shipping is probably like the least important part of all that. but near the end i did think that
it was kinda weird how we got this emotional moment (that could be interpreted as romantic) with cloud crying and than smiling at aerith multiple times, there was handholding and some cinematic shots. but then by the end of the game cloud's just like "k aerith be careful byee, i'm off with the others now"
just watched it and I feel really worried and concerned about Clouds mental health. I didn't see much romantic, since Clouds mind is sooo messed up and its both creepy and sad at the same time. Just my opinion but it wouldn't be healthy and that's clearly not our Cloud anymore, plus like you said the ending is really like "alright, imma head off, see ya." I hope Tifa can fix his broken mind soon.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
The game is turning out just fine thanks, if you want to mock people for that it's your perogative but if you flat out call people deluded I will block you, simple as.

Legend45

Pro Adventurer
So from what i can conclude from the ending is that Cloud DOES know she is dead but he is playing it off too casually so he is still coping but im 99% sure by the end he knows she is dead. However him keeping these deep feelings to himself is gonna wreck his emotional state... Tifa having to fix this in Part 3 is gonna be a trainwreck of emotions.

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
I did not get that Cloud knows she's dead at all. Barret and Tifa also look like they're silently acknowledging he's off his rocker too. Especially when he starts talking about the sky. Even though no one else knows wtf he's on about

Hix

Pro Adventurer
So from what i can conclude from the ending is that Cloud DOES know she is dead but he is playing it off too casually so he is still coping but im 99% sure by the end he knows she is dead. However him keeping these deep feelings to himself is gonna wreck his emotional state... Tifa having to fix this in Part 3 is gonna be a trainwreck of emotions.

Yeah I think that's a good read, he's definitely losing the plot but you have to remember at this stage in OG he's still able to maintain some composure - in OG he only breaks down once Tifa is unable to stand by him - so he's coping a bit at the end. There was a hesitancy with his line "but what if...what if something happens?" after which he basically just "k bye"s her.

I did not get that Cloud knows she's dead at all. Barret and Tifa also look like they're silently acknowledging he's off his rocker too. Especially when he starts talking about the sky. Even though no one else knows wtf he's on about

Thats fair, but they DO have a farewell and he's definitely aware that she won't be back. It's hard to say with any certainty because his mental state is collapsing but there were no promises about seeing each other again, or some such, at the end. It was literally just bye.

Edit: Sorry about all the spoiler boxes. All related to the ending.

loozzer

Pro Adventurer
i'm 50/50 about him knowing she's dead, but the aerith at the end definitely isn't some sort of hallucination. red can sense her too so she actually is real.

faefolk

Pro Adventurer
i'm 50/50 about him knowing she's dead, but the aerith at the end definitely isn't some sort of hallucination. red can sense her too so she actually is real.
I am like 98% certain he's just on a bad trip and doesn't know which way is up rn. But I agree that the Aerith he sees is real.

loozzer

Pro Adventurer
i'm expecting comparison videos of cloud interacting with aerith vs. tifa on all of their optional dates and stuff. we're gonna get slowmo reviews of every single interaction he has with the girls to determine which one he looked at longer, with more intensity, etc. lol

Maidenofwar

They/Them
I didn't watch the whole ending I only watched Barret say let's go get our girl, then skipped forward and landed at lake with sad peeps and then Aerith appears, Cait Sith and Tifa look so down, then skipped, Aerith appears on a hill, there's a flower field, a promise Cloud will stop Sephiroth, then no promises to keep starts playing and "No promises at the end of the unknown" journey or something. I want to experience the full ending in game for myself. [ /SPOILER]

See you all on the other side folks, I'll be bailing from this thread and the other soon, have a good time, and if you want to know based on my playstyle (story mode), I'm expecting to be it to be pupper 🤣

Last edited:

Legend45

Pro Adventurer
i'm expecting comparison videos of cloud interacting with aerith vs. tifa on all of their optional dates and stuff. we're gonna get slowmo reviews of every single interaction he has with the girls to determine which one he looked at longer, with more intensity, etc. lol
In a way this game gave us closure on the LTD i think

loozzer

Pro Adventurer
i've always felt like dealing with aerith's death is kinda a catch 22. in order for her death to have an impact cloud needs to be a mess over it. the face holding, body cradling, crying has to happen. the last date they went on needs to be significant, hence the hand holding and hug. however, at the same time if you do all of this, obviously people are going to wonder if he's grieving for a friend or if there was something more there. If you don't want people thinking that maybe cloud did love her romantically then you gotta give her a jessie-like death. but then the obvious issue is that her death has no impact. i got the same feeling this time around with rebirth.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I've played FFXV a couple of times and I don't remember an ending with them having kids? Was that in a book somewhere? Seems like it'd contradict the story considering how the game ends.

(also thanks for the detailed response).

It's depicted in a piece of official concept art from the novel, so it's probably better to have called it a possible ending, but one photo, if I remember correctly, shows Ardyn on a picnic with Noct, Luna etc. and some kids that are very clearly meant to be Noctis and Luna's. They have been depicted with descendants in a not-fanart capacity and was trying to be comprehensive.

As for how the game ends I reconsidered the OG ending after the events in the novel and I am not entirely sure if N and L are dead, alive, or gods in the original ending, especially as there's a detail about it that makes so much more sense in light of the events of the novel.

shady

Pro Adventurer
The base game regardless of optional stuff was pushing Cloud and Tifa with smatterings of Zack and Aerith. At least right up until the end, where you still get smatterings of Zack and Aerith but for some reason Aerith becomes all Cloud Cloud Cloud… im not going to lie some of it felt odd especially when during the game (Gongaga for example) Aerith clearly see’s whats happening between Cloud and Tifa, when they nearly kissed she even mouthed something secret to Tifa so she knows whats going on… it just felt very weird to me

Legend45

Pro Adventurer
The base game regardless of optional stuff was pushing Cloud and Tifa with smatterings of Zack and Aerith. At least right up until the end, where you still get smatterings of Zack and Aerith but for some reason Aerith becomes all Cloud Cloud Cloud… im not going to lie some of it felt odd especially when during the game (Gongaga for example) Aerith clearly see’s whats happening between Cloud and Tifa, when they nearly kissed she even mouthed something secret to Tifa so she knows whats going on… it just felt very weird to me

I imagine they wanted to show her flaws on the forefront she knows she can't have it but part of her cant help but cling to it at least until she finally does have to let go when she says "I'm glad i know where we stand now" that was her having to accept it.

Kigan

Rookie Adventurer
I imagine they wanted to show her flaws on the forefront she knows she can't have it but part of her cant help but cling to it at least until she finally does have to let go when she says "I'm glad i know where we stand now" that was her having to accept it.

Stand where? Cloud doesn't even know where he is (he even asks her to tell him the truth because he feels something is off), he'll figure out his feelings for her (as well as everything else since now he's in La La Land) later on.
He's on autopilot with Tifa because he always had a thing for her, it's the only thing he remembers basically. With Aerith and Cloud the things were developing but never took off because he's completely insane and she's dead.

shady

Pro Adventurer
Stand where? Cloud doesn't even know where he is (he even asks her to tell him the truth because he feels something is off), he'll figure out his feelings for her (as well as everything else since now he's in La La Land) later on.
He's on autopilot with Tifa because he always had a thing for her, it's the only thing he remembers basically. With Aerith and Cloud the things were developing but never took off because he's completely insane and she's dead.
Did you even see the rest of the game or just the ending?

Maidenofwar

They/Them
(can't stay away huh)

This game does not pick sides, mutual affection for everyone is guys nights out with Cloud, Vincent, Cid, Cait, story route is Red XIII, date does not affect story after

shady

Pro Adventurer
Man...I feel so fed with the CT. I didn't expect even half of what we got in this installment, Cloud/Tifa was done absolutely perfectly 👌 what a great surprise!
Regardless of any Cloud and Aerith stuff I think if you are a fan of Cloud and Tifa you are right to feel this way, don't think anybody expected even half of what they got, especially when you consider virtually all of it was non optional story stuff (though obviously the optional stuff was extremely good too)

Top Bottom