SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Sacky

Pro Adventurer
AKA
SackyBoy
In Rebirth I liked the symbolism of ZA like when they were metaphysically touching with their hands, things like that, Aerith looking at the sky when there was Zack interlude, etc, Aerith's magic protecting Zack during the fight with Sephiroth, all the stuff with the ribbon, I just need a bit more, like a proper reunion, maybe some hand holding, etc. Basically since everything is supposed to link up to Advent Children showing how ZA came to be reunited would be cool I think.
What about when the burial scene happens and Aerith is lowered into the water it transitions to the lifestream church with Zack catching Aerith and she wakes up in the lifestream.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Isn't there also some quote from Case of Tifa or an interview or something about Tifa suspecting that something else was going on with Cloud? Arguably implying that Tifa was insecure a reason for Clouds depression during AC might be romantic feelings?
(not talking about the sewer scene in remake)
I feel like I've also seen something like that circulating.

Doesn't necessarily prove much anway, Tifa feeling that way doesn't mean we immediately default to Cloud favouring Aerith.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
I feel like I've also seen something like that circulating.

Doesn't necessarily prove much anway, Tifa feeling that way doesn't mean we immediately default to Cloud favouring Aerith.
Just further proves the dangers of not communicating because it leaves the other person with nothing to go on in terms of figuring out what’s up with you.

That’s why Cloud saying “I’m not fit to protect anyone” it all clicks for Tifa and she verbally hits him where it hurts.

ViolaaFox

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Viola A. Fox
What about when the burial scene happens and Aerith is lowered into the water it transitions to the lifestream church with Zack catching Aerith and she wakes up in the lifestream.
That would be so beautiful. I'm really looking forward to the Zerith reunion.

zinniawoods109349

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
zinnia
Getting back to my son... can we talk about the moment when we see him sleeping with nothing on because he used his own blanket to make Aerith a pillow? I can't...

View attachment 17035View attachment 17036

How can you hate him ?! 😭
i love this so much 😭 he is so pure

this would be great.. especially with zack waking her up in the same way she would 😭 i was gutted about not seeing the burial scene because it was my favourite in the original.. beautiful yet sad.

i love all of the small things sprinkled throughout the games that indicate/could indicate aerith and zack referencing each other, particularly because we don’t get to see them together. one of the things aerith says when she’s incapacitated in rebirth is ‘that voice calling to me... i know you.’, which i like to think is about zack (though this could be about anyone she’s lost, i can’t imagine she’d say this to her mother). additionally, in ever crisis, i think zack says something like ‘i wanted to hear you say welcome home [okaeri]’, and seeing as i recently learned that he says ‘tadaima’ to aerith in rebirth and gets no response, this hit me hard when i first heard it 😭 , so i like to think he’s talking about her. there’s also the ribbon around the hand, looking to the sky, the hand holding, etc. does anyone have any more interesting things like the pillow thing and the NPC talk about the guy always working?

an undeniable love story in this game that i don’t see being talked about as often is the friendship between zack and cloud, and i really hope we get to see some sort of reunion between them. i loved how zack was being supportive in the fight and patting cloud on the shoulder. although they’ve barely shown them interact, i really love the dynamic when they do, and i think it could show a really different side to cloud in part 3, like in crisis core. i believe that we will see some sort of reunion because zack said ‘let’s save the catching up for later’ (anyone know the japanese translation?), and biggs referenced his own death, so i have hope lol. i also thought it was kinda weird how cloud seemed to ‘wake up twice’ when he stepped out of the wheelchair in the dream date. i thought this might’ve been alluding to something, but i don’t know what.

one thing i keep wondering though is whether zack even realises he’s dead. he said the line about not taking fate’s shit anymore, and he seemed confused himself that he picked biggs at one point.. i think this being revealed to him could be as sad as it being revealed to cloud so i hope he already knows lol. anyone got any thoughts on whether he realises and whether we will have a reunion between him and cloud?

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I found that line funny because her face looked relatively clean compared to how it was when Zack first found her.

In JP, Elmyra says something along the lines of "Look at Aerith's skin, its dry and there is dirt" (paraphrase) So maybe he missed a spot or it wasn't to Elmyra's standards. Lol

I found this bit funny too, as it came across to me as Elmyra giving off big mother-in-law energy.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
As far as I know all the images save the ones of ZA together are photoshopped and not from the original game?
Eh? This shot is fake too?
1717747078664.png

I'd rather have Zack take Aerith's hand to the sky, just like what Angeal did to Zack in CC ending, and what Aerith did to Kadaj in AC.
Not only that, Aerith rephrase that people who died is carried away to the sky.
"The sky... I hate it." And according to Nomura, it refers to the loss of Zack and Ifalna, the hate of Jenova who came from the sky, and the scare of it beyond Midgar plate.

This is also implied in Aerith's FF 30th Anniversary Exhibition's monologue that she's also carried away to the sky too:
"You're so far now. I'm so far from you.
Oh, I'm rising. The sky is carrying me away.
I can see you, you're crying. Don't cry, you'll make it rain."

But with Re-trilogy depicting multiple worlds and Rebirth ending not showing Aerith's spirit from above but watching Tiny Bronco take off instead, idk how it's gonna be portrayed. I would accept anything anyway

Last edited:

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Does anybody here have the Remake Ultimania? Or at least have the passage I'm thinking of?

If so, could I please ask that you confirm something for me? I've heard that in the Remake Ultimania there's a passage that says something along the lines of "Everyone in the party thinks of who they want to protect, Cloud gazes at Tifa and then looks at Aerith."

It's not the quote's existence I'm curious about ( it's nothing crazy anyway), it's the wording used in Japanese. I want to know if there was actually different kanji used that translates to "gaze" and "look", or if it's a situation where the same kanji was used but the translator took some liberties, like the quotes that were translated as "engraved" and "etched" despite using the same wording.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yes IIRC it wasn't the same kanji. It's in the Material Ultimania for Remake that we are still waiting for because it's not released yet.

Also to make it clear about my message above, I wasn't talking about the wedding pictures which are all photoshopped minus the ZA one, but about the other pictures which aren't photoshopped.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Pip pip, chin up lads and lasses, though these ragamuffins may have the advantage of balderdash and chicanery, we will yet overcome with facts.
Facts and perspicacity!

We do what we must because we can.

To be fair, I typically find it incredibly petty from Flat Earthers too, especially those who are not also YECs. Though the YECs aren't actually too far behind.

I once had to clarify to my nieces that dinosaurs were not, and I quote, "made up by scientists who wanted to be famous" without puking. Coming from a guy who worked in a museum that at the time housed the actual fossils of Arkansaurus. That's fuckin' petty.
Ugh. YECs and other evolution deniers are just so irritating.

Hold back enough to enjoy y'self, not enough to lose. The Goku method, but as a debate.
Will I have a muffin button?

The Holy Grail musical is a good show. It probably means we'll never get a stage adaptation of Life of Brian though, since it borrowed Bright side of Life.

Pretty much. Maybe fancier gloves.
Now the question is what's an amusing way to make an amusingly polite Demoman mirror?

The stalemate continues until one Spy gets lucky.
In which way he gets lucky we leave as an exercise to the reader.

Might be mixing them up, Mattie was the girl who got juiced up during Osborn's weird ritual thing and tried to be Spider-Man without web shooters. I think she ended up as Spider-Woman number... Four? Maybe?
I must be. IIRC it was a black man with absolutely no powers who took up the mantle solely because he thought the city needed a Spider-Man. He expected to stop muggings, but got involved with some supers by accident and Pete came out of hiding- still injured- to save him. I thought his name was Matt, but I could easily be wrong. There are way too many characters to keep track and Spidey is not my main area of focus.

It's one of my favorite interpretations of the big lug.
I'll have to locate it then.

Oh shit I remember that. Hysterical years later, at the time I saw red.
I mean rightly so, on both accounts. Infuriating at the time, but hilarious when you calm down and realize the implications.

We need a Btas Photoshop of crooks in an alley wearing pink and labeled Anastar, with the white-eyed Batman silhouette looming above them labeled Ryushikaze. Did you know that CAltusts are a cowardly and superstitious lot?

For old times sake.
For some reason, I am reminded of the Astro City character Cracker Jack (think Spider-Man but with toy gadgets) who encounters possible future children of his who follow extremely warped and twisted versions of his methods with no moral code. I sort of imagine his disgust as how Aerith feels seeing what her supposed fans are saying about her and her best friend.
Also definitely read Astro City if you get the chance.

That is a scary age to care this much about the canonicity of a fictional pairing.
Like, caring about your favorite fictions into an old age is fine, but it really seemed like it was the only thing she gave a shit about in Final Fantasy. Like there were very strange gaps in her knowledge about the subject. I think she might have played FF10, but she seemed completely clueless about FF8, IIRC.

You're so kind. I will assume it's a bit of both, but it'd be nice if it was mostly incompetence, it really would.
I agree, which is why I will give them an out. For their sake and mine.

It's a matter of curiosity really, I'm sure it all makes sense that I just can't see.
Maybe it's the distinction between actual men and the depiction of men in Yaoi- since those tend to be written by women for women - that makes the latter register as something different?

One lady I knew in... I wanna say Oklahoma... explained that she enjoyed sex scenes that she didn't find arousing at all for aesthetic appreciation, thus Yaoi.
I hold my doubts, but sure, why not.

Yeah, I hear ya. Sakurai and his people worked their asses to death to make SSBU what it is, and it's great. Great enough to want more, even as we make salty Waluigi memes.
Waluigi isn't playable because they aren't sure how he got into the game in the first place. He's too powerful. Putting out a roster slot for him might let him escape into our world.

So would have Sakurai :awesome:
Let's add Mai, Tifa, and Anne Takamaki as playable characters and complete the roster of "entirely loyal and surprisingly innocent sex symbols"

We can always dream.
They will be good dreams of terrible men and their robots.

But with eight extra skeins of yarn used to try and obfuscate that fact.
Going to such points as "BLUE BABY" "KOI BITO" "JEALOUSY" "DIM CRUSH" and "IN THE PAST"

Line 'em up. I'll get parm, butter, cheddar, and fresh caramel ready.
A perfect snack for an evening's entertainment.

Just rip the band-aid off y'all, taking it slow via your concerted effort to ignore reality will only hurt more in the long run.
Take off the pink bandaid, clean the wound, wash it was some alcohol, and apply a new white sterile pad with a black bandage. Let Cloti heal you.

Its a matter of perspective really.
If you look away from the mountain, it ceases to exist.

You're not wrong, but that's the wounding blade. The wit was the salt and lemon juice for after.
Fair enough.

The audience was always more important in my view anyway :monster:
As it should be. The audience are the people to convince, after all. Show them your position has more merit. Ideally through the application of facts and good arguments, but showing that the opponent is deranged does in a pinch.

Sort of not shit at it is well above me. Also I can't help but smile whenever you mention the wife, never lose that admiration I sense in these posts. It's adorable.
She's amazing, what can I say?

Not even hyperbole. My oldest turns friggin' 12 this year, and you knew me when she was born. That's internet eternity.
I've been chatting with you in this forum for longer than I've known the wife, come to think of it.

Niw find the gold kryptonite and such out their powers. See how they debate when they can no longer lie and ignore.
Self destructing under the pressure, one presumes.

That could be a rather large number.
She regularly made two to three in a day to post with and more for later when she posted here, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Eh? This shot is fake too?
View attachment 17059
That one is IIRC real.
The problem with Airborne Squad is there's very little archival footage of its gameplay to my knowledge.

Does anybody here have the Remake Ultimania? Or at least have the passage I'm thinking of?

If so, could I please ask that you confirm something for me? I've heard that in the Remake Ultimania there's a passage that says something along the lines of "Everyone in the party thinks of who they want to protect, Cloud gazes at Tifa and then looks at Aerith."

It's not the quote's existence I'm curious about ( it's nothing crazy anyway), it's the wording used in Japanese. I want to know if there was actually different kanji used that translates to "gaze" and "look", or if it's a situation where the same kanji was used but the translator took some liberties, like the quotes that were translated as "engraved" and "etched" despite using the same wording.
Do you happen to know roughly what page? I think I have a digital copy (or can find it fairly easily) and could take a look.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
And also, could I also ask for verification on whether these are real or not? I think I heard it dropped before on this forum of fake phone wallpapers, so it had me curious. And I know Tres' analysis hasn't been updated in a long time and was finished about a decade ago, so maybe new information has come to light on them that I wasn't aware of.

View attachment 17020View attachment 17021View attachment 17022View attachment 17023

If any of these is going to be is going to be fake, I'd have to guess the Mickey and Minney Mouse one - Cloud and Tifa are kinda out of place.
So, looking back on these, I realize the first two are both Tokyo Disneyland sponsor images. One is a Christmas image as well, which means it's super extra- date-y, because Christmas is for Lovers in Japan. So is KFC but that's an insane marketing coup. The second is I believe an ad for the Tokyo Disney wedding specials that the park hosts. I will try and establish their provenance somehow.

Meanwhile, here's a blog post from the actual time of release (June 8th, 2017) discussing the event. The english language edition of airborne brigade had been ended for about a year now, so only the JP and Korean versions existed. It also points out that a previous june bride event had paired Rinoa and Tidus.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
Meanwhile, here's a blog post from the actual time of release (June 8th, 2017) discussing the event. The english language edition of airborne brigade had been ended for about a year now, so only the JP and Korean versions existed. It also points out that a previous june bride event had paired Rinoa and Tidus.

Yuna can't stop crying. Of course it's a sympathy kiss. But I've always said that Tidus was thinking of Rinoa first at that moment. It's normal, she's much more interesting. Yuna is so boring in real life, sorry TiYu.

1717780701702.png

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Do you happen to know roughly what page? I think I have a digital copy (or can find it fairly easily) and could take a look.
Unfortunately, no.

It's probably in a story playback section, if I had to guess. I think it's a passage that is describing something in the ending cutscene.

So, looking back on these, I realize the first two are both Tokyo Disneyland sponsor images. One is a Christmas image as well, which means it's super extra- date-y, because Christmas is for Lovers in Japan. So is KFC but that's an insane marketing coup. The second is I believe an ad for the Tokyo Disney wedding specials that the park hosts. I will try and establish their provenance somehow.
Yeah, it's the second one I'm really curious about, since it feels kind of random to have Cloud and Tifa just...there. Thanks, anyway.

Also, KFC being a quintessential Christmas thing in Japan will never not be funny to me. I literally would never guess it.

That's so funny how they paired up Tidus and Rinoa. If that's not a testament to how unreliable these "sources" are, then I don't know what is.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Yuna can't stop crying. Of course it's a sympathy kiss. But I've always said that Tidus was thinking of Rinoa first at that moment. It's normal, she's much more interesting. Yuna is so boring in real life, sorry TiYu.

View attachment 17061
Ah so that’s why Squall moved to Kingdom Hearts and changed his name to Leon.

Poor man has a broken heart, which in KH is a very serious medical condition.

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
One is a Christmas image as well, which means it's super extra- date-y, because Christmas is for Lovers in Japan.
This is one of the reasons why I always find it so funny when mostly Western fandom gushes about the romanticism of Tanabata. I mean, sure, the story is about two lovers (who got separated because they didn't do their jobs properly). But as actual dates/holidays in Japan, Christmas is more for lovers and Tanabata is not, as far as I know. I don't even remember when was the last time I saw Tanabata in a manga.

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
I think I remember it being in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, I think it's called.
Oh, it's been ages since I saw the anime version of it, lol. I think I very vaguely recall seeing Tanabata in Lovely Complex and Hatoful Boyfriend.

Also, to clarify just in case: I didn't mean that Tanabata never features in Japanese media or that it can't be romantic. But mostly when manga wants to depict a romantic date/holiday for the two lovebirds, it's always Christmas (and Christmas lights, lol).

View attachment 17062

Context means nothing I suppose.
The brave warriors of Twitter have already responded to this but I just like that "maybe I'm missing a one or two", lmao.

Again, Cody claims Cloud is loyal. The argument that these moments are romantic in nature is safely thrown in the bin.
It wasn't just Cody. Wasn't it first shown in a video by SE? I forget if it was instagram or tiktok? Incidentally, the background was the promise scene with Tifa. Total coincidence, of course.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
It wasn't just Cody. Wasn't it first shown in a video by SE? I forget if it was instagram or tiktok? Incidentally, the background was the promise scene with Tifa. Total coincidence, of course.
Yes, it was a Tiktok I believe, and yeah, no surprise it was over a clip of the promise.

I don't put stock on that though, (probably) the intern who runs that account isn't really a reliable source for information. It's marketing at the end of day, gotta look at it with a grain of salt.

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
Yes, it was a Tiktok I believe, and yeah, no surprise it was over a clip of the promise.

I don't put stock on that though, (probably) the intern who runs that account isn't really a reliable source for information. It's marketing at the end of day, gotta look at it with a grain of salt.
Ah, okay. Well, it was still more accurate but not as funny as whatever the McDonald's account was doing. :awesome:

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Ah, okay. Well, it was still more accurate but not as funny as whatever the McDonald's account was doing. :awesome:
I'm almost 100% sure the guy who ran the McDonalds account hopped on his personal account to say the same thing under those posts. lmao.

Top Bottom