Mass Effect Series

Lex

Administrator
Lair of the Shadow Broker is a fantastic DLC, but I never understood why people were like "this is the be all end all of all DLC ever created tra la la wafflecopter". If it wasn't about Liara, would people still be saying this? It's definitely the best DLC for ME2 anyway.

But I prefer Leviathan and Citadel, because all the squadmates get attention in both, Leviathan is directly important to the reaper storyline and everyone knows why Citadel is amazing.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Avoid
ME1 - Pinnacle Station (Realllllly not worth it)

Hey now you get the best weapons and armors out of this DLC. Plus I found the challenges entertaining.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
I might cross my fingers and hope for a port to current gen too. Cheers lex and Joe for the breakdown.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I agree with everything Joe said regarding DLC, with the addition that imo Citadel is the best DLC ever created for anything.

ever

that said, Lair of the Shadow Broker and Leviathan are both incredible and the best non-Citadel DLC for the series.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Totally agree, Citadel is bitch tits wicked.

Re: Lair Of The Shadow Broker being the be all and end all to DLC. I totally considered it the be all and end all because when ME2 was the thing, LotSB was a pretty damn amazing addition, also bridging the gap a bit between ME2's opening to its main game. That said, once Citadel trotted along it proved that LotSB could be outdone.
I was half expecting Omega to be the DLC that blew LotSB away. It was pretty awesome but not better, imo.

Hey now you get the best weapons and armors out of this DLC. Plus I found the challenges entertaining.
Still not worth it.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Yeah, I found Leviathan to be the spiritual successor to LotSB insofar as it offered the investigation style gameplay while still having plenty of action and some mystery-type stuff as well, ultimately having gameplay that was more than just run around and kill things. Basically, it was like LotSB for ME3.

Omega was fun, but still a bit disappointing, really. If only it had allowed a certain someone to be PERMANENTLY recruited, it would be an entirely different story.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Omega was fun, but still a bit disappointing, really. If only it had allowed a certain someone to be PERMANENTLY recruited, it would be an entirely different story.
In that sense it was similar to LotSB as both certain SOMEONE'S found themselves in a position of responsibility by the end of the dlc.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I will say that I thought it was really cool how Omega's ending didn't depend so much on you picking a Paragon/Renegade option as much as it did on the way you talked to SOMEONE throughout the DLC. There were obv four endings, which was pretty neat for something that you wouldn't really expect to have more than just two.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
In that sense it was similar to LotSB as both certain SOMEONE'S found themselves in a position of responsibility by the end of the dlc.

We get an apartment, in my headcanon my femshep took Liara there a few times to 'embrace eternity'.

Citadel is like best DLC ever made. Everything in it was awesome and hilarious except for Jacob because he sucks at everything.

Omega would've been perfect if I could've brought my squad or Aria had become a permanent squad member or if I didn't have to be a total renegade throughout the DLC for her to kiss me.

Anyways now I'm gonna watch Aria kiss femshep on youtube over and over again.

Lex

Administrator

I loved Omega, it's a phenomenal DLC. It would match or possibly outrank Leviathan for me if it had added an Omega hub. One of the (only) things that felt like a step down from ME2 was the Citadel being the only hub world in the game, when ME2 had 4 of them. They were smaller yes, but the change of setting was preferred. I totally get why they did it that way, but I missed Omega and Illium and the other places.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I'd rank Citadel up there with LotSB, but I still like LotSB more because the tone feels more tense, like an action-thriller with mystery and investigation elements, as opposed to a much more light-hearted, sometimes goofy action-adventure like Citadel is.
It's also a really self-contained story arc, but it also feeds into an overarching plot element (the Shadow Broker) that we hear of in whispered tones throughout the very first game as well so there's an undercurrent of tension - where it feels like Shepard and Liara might actually be in over their heads.

Citadel is just a (very) fun romp against an
evil clone
with a party at the end and a nice world hub to play around in. There's no real sense of danger.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
And there shouldn't have been any real sense of danger. Citadel is purposely a lighthearted finale to the trilogy, full of crazy hilarity, memes and series in jokes.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah I know that. I'm not suggesting that there should have been. :monster:

They just have different emotional payoffs, and with what LotSB was given it did just as much with a lot less

Lex

Administrator
I disagree? Did just as much with a lot less? I didn't get much of an emotional payoff from LotSB other than "this part is the end of LotSB, hooray I'm glad [just introduced but cool Drell] survived". I mean the whole thing had the excellent funny and heartwarming Bioware trademark: awesome dialogue between the characters. But so did every other DLC.

I like Lair of the Shadow Broker because it gave Liara attention in a game where she was sorely needed and lacking. All you get in ME2 without it is the odd shitty conversation and a totally random quest. I also like it because it has a good plot, it's well written, and it's fun.

But there's no universe in which it beats Citadel - you seem to be comparing them based on the Citadel DLC plot, which is about 25% of the content of that DLC. The whole point of Citadel is the party and the inviting each and every crew member over for their individual moments, and that's what I love about it. All of them get attention, not just one character.

You're totally entitled to prefer LotSB to Citadel, but I don't think you can objectively say that LotSB is better.

Then again, I don't romance Liara. I do love her, but maybe if I romanced her I'd see things differently :desu:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I got a huge emotional payoff from LotSB, but that was because I romanced Liara and was invested in her, and there are a few very specific moments that just set me off during it like eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee feels.

god I hate that I just said that word

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
KgxfXdN.jpg

Lex

Administrator
I only found out about this little thing today, pretty cool:

Anyway I'm sure all of you already knew about it blah blah blah etc etc, but I didn't.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Neither did I!

Now I really want to try this out. :awesome:

Lex

Administrator
So this is a bit of an irrelevant post but

There is literally nothing on the next Mass Effect other than what we got at San Diego CC. I've scoured the tinterwebz and there's not so much as a hinty tweet. All you end up getting from searching is posts from random sites like "Christian Today" who are literally making shit up and using two year old Tweets as "evidence". The BSN is also dead on this topic news wise.

Understandably Bioware are completely tight-lipped about it, the focus is obviously on Inquisition. And I suspect DLC for Inquisition will be their focus for the year to come, but I wouldn't be surprised if we heard something in December. Maybe a title or something. I don't suspect we'll see anything substantial until E3 next year, which makes me sad because that probably means a 2016 release date :/

that's a 4 year gap

which is totally fine because it should be fucking awesome if they take their time with it

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I scour the news on Google every now and again searching, but all I get is opinion pieces. Let's hope it is awesome! If 2016 is indeed the release date, then I've got two years to finish the trilogy LP. :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Most Mass Effect threads I'm on these days mostly just discuss multiplayer strategies and repost funny tumblr shit and awesome art :monster:

LIEK DESE ONES

tumblr_n8sg1g79tb1r01z0lo4_1280.jpg

Top Bottom