Mass Effect Series

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
re: faces - there's a website out there that contains face codes for relatively nice-looking faces. Go check it out!

EDIT: Looks like they've consolidated each separate face database into a single site: http://www.facesofgaming.com/game/list

Feedback for ME1 - Get rid of the Mako. Put music or something in the elevator on the Normandy, that shit is too slow and boring for such a short distance. Watching the warning from the prothean beacon once is quite enough, goddamn thing gives me a headache.

LOL so I guess basically remove all the sandbox exploration and shorten the Noveria and Feros levels into corridor shooters?

No thanks. :monster:

Also apparently the ME2 loading screens are entirely artificial and can actually be removed on the PC in order for the game to almost instantly transition between loading screens in a matter of seconds. They seem to have been actually implemented to force parity between versions

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Give these guys a break!

I'm sure they'll get some vacation days, but I don't mind at all that they get reassigned right away - there's plenty of stories about mass-firings in between games / projects. Since a video game is about 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration - and that 1% can take several months, while the other 99% of the workforce would twiddle their thumbs / get fired.

Lex

Administrator
Satsu I had a look at that faces of gaming site - there are only 11 submissions for Mass Effect and only one of them is male. Also, I don't know if you can use face codes on console versions (I might be wrong).

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
As a hint, the Mass Effect sliders are actually mostly the same from 1 all the way to 3 bar hair and colors, so chances are if you follow any of the slider outputs from faces on ME2 and 3 they'll turn out extremely similar in appearance!

For my last full playthrough I used this face code and besides the hair (which was new to ME3) the face itself turned out pretty much exactly the same:

http://mass-effect-3.facesofgaming.com/submission/hub/id/535a05cb3d1988cc168b4943/name/natural

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I gave my opinions on what I'd like to see in a Trilogy remaster:

Expected:

1080p
60fps (or better tex with crazy AA and 30fps)
Drastically reduced load times
All DLC
Fix ME3 codex/ journal so that it's the same as ME1 and 2. It's pretty broken in ME3, still not sure why that choice was made.
What Aaryn mentioned about the "seamless experience" sounds pretty awesome.
People have been requesting controller support for a PC version. I'd like to request Keyboard and Mouse support for a PS4/ bonebone version. FFXIV and some other games have this, I don't see a reason not to include it with a toggle option in the menu. I'd rather play with a controller, but it would be cool to try it out.

That's a day one buy for sure.

Would like:

S/S Kaidan romance in ME1
Gameplay tweaks/ improvements to ME1 (specifically that the mako is no longer a fridge on roller skates and possibly the ability to map powers... if possible the addition of Biotic Charge and Tactical Cloak etc. but that's a pretty big ask)
UI Style choice - don't have to overhaul the entire gameplay system, but it'd be cool to choose the UI display. I prefer ME3's combat over the other two but ME2 had the cool health bars that depleted in a kind of analogue mode rather than in blocks. It looked a bit cooler, but I prefer ME3's colour scheme.

Couldn't resist the Kaidan request. I wouldn't have put it in but there are at least 15 other posts in the thread requesting it before mine so I thought I might as well throw my support behind it, since it wouldn't be difficult to implement compared to say adding an entirely new romance.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Would it be too much to ask that they remove the ridiculous ways some of the romances get activated? Ash/Kaidan's gets activated by thanking them for dragging your unconscious ass back to the ship. Jack's takes the cake though, every single time she asks you if you're interested in a romance you can tell her no you just want to be friends. Then the final time she asks you can say no again, she gets down and you ask her if she's ok and that fucking activates the romance.

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
tumblr_m02dnpcn7x1qgwjmxo1_500.gif

Lex

Administrator
I had a situation once where she just appeared in my room all teary-eyed with no prior indication that we were even in a romance. I was like BACK OFF.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
On the EU PS Store, the trilogy is £11.99 (£10.79 with PS Plus) and I demand that everyone who hasn't got it for PS3 and/or hasn't played it purchases this immediately.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Never mind that, I'll send a gift of Normandy's. :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Just go with the flow and don't overthink it too much, except one particular decision in which you may or may not divide the fans here on this thread. :monster:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Any advice on Squad building? So far my Squad consists of
Ashley and Kaiden, I think his name is
or am I way to early to really worry about it?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
You got his name mostly right, although it's Kaidan. You're just lucky Lex isn't lynching you. :monster:

Naturally, there's Shepard in the squad. I liked to mix it up in ME1, but I mainly brought Garrus and Tali with me on my first run with my Shepard as a Soldier. Just work out different combinations and see what works best. I always at least make sure that I have someone tech savvy to gain access to well-protected items.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
It really depends on your own class and how far in the game you are. You only have those two available for the opening bits of the game, but by the time you leave Citadel, you have a bit more variety. As long as you always have Decryption and Electronics in your party (either on yourself or a squadmate), you'll probably be fine. I like to balance things out a bit, personally, i.e. if I'm an Adept, I take Ash and Tali, or if I'm a Vanguard I take Garrus and pretty much anyone else (you want a nice balance in the party of gun shooty, tech usey, and biotic crowd controlly, and a bit of survivability on someone so they don't get downed so much).

That said, I would recommend keeping the same two squadmates in your party for as much of the game as possible for their respective achievements - unlike in most games, achievements in ME1 actually do things, like providing cooldown bonuses, passive health regen, and so on. You especially want to get the Rich achievement and then head to C-Sec's shop ;)

Ed: My first playthrough was as an Infiltrator, and I took Wrex/Liara; I think Vanguard I took Garrus/Kaidan, and Engineer had me using Ash/Liara. Overall, all of the squadmates have their uses, so you just find the ones that fit your playstyle best or who you like the most or whatever. Like Ashley *coughkaidansuckscough*

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
If you don't care about achievements, take Kaidan out of your party as soon as you get Wrex and don't bother using him again for the rest of the game. He's just not useful at anything gameplay wise in ME1.

When you go to a planet called Therum bring Wrex and Ashley, and have a lot of patience.

My party for main missions was a combination of Liara/Wrex/Ashley. Liara was on every mission after she was recruited do to usefulness and plot relevance and Wrex/Ashley are the hardest characters to kill. That left Garrus/Tali for side stuff and Kaidan for absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
What class were you playing as? Presumably something that could open stuff up? :P

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Please tell us you're not a Soldier or Engineer, they suck. Especially the Soldier class.

Top Bottom