Mass Effect Series

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Keveh do me a favor and go to our solar system and probe Uranus twice.

Last edited:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Keveh do me a favor and go to our solar system and prove Uranus twice.

I am confused :closedmonster:

Recruited Mordin, he's a fantastic example of Salarian metabolism :monster:

The vorcha look really familiar, like I've seen a similar design elsewhere, possibly Lords of Shadow or something.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I don't think I have to tell you this, but, make sure you talk to every squad mate after every mission.

Also Joker's response for 'How are things in the cockpit' is different all the time.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
The whole fuel management thing was always kind of nonsense and filler, tbh, especially when it didn't really tie into any of the other meta other than... credits management? Though resource management in general is kind of weak in Mass Effect 2 when you can easily buy/obtain everything imaginable and still have plenty of space dollars and space minerals to spare

idek

Worse, it discourages going out of your way to visit remote planets. In ME1 there was so much great information and backstory in the planet descriptions, most of which wasn't in the codex. There was always some interesting planetary science blurb, or galactic history lesson, or creepy unexplained alien life. And some major foreshadowing for those paying attention (Klendagon, Leviathan of Dis, etc.) All in all, a huge immersion multiplier.

I'm sure there were some cool planet stories in the later games but damned if I was gonna spend a tank of gas.

Lex

Administrator
@Discussion, minerals and fuel management is lame, much agreed to all <3

Keveh do me a favor and go to our solar system and prove Uranus twice.

*probe

I am confused :closedmonster:

Because she means probe :desu:

Say proving Uranus out loud over and over again until you start laughing. Then go do it for the hilarious reaction from EDI.

*probing

In short Keveh, you farm minerals from planets which you've probably done already. Later in the game the "Sol" system appears on the map - that's ours. You should go collect some minerals from Uranus.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
^Ugh how did I not notice that? Stupid auto correct only set up on my cellphone in Spanish.

tumblr_n6y91wrDSO1s1f627o1_500.jpg

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I can't stop staring at the top left one with the N7 suit.

tumblr_mby6r1xzbn1rossxb.gif

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Ehh, what kind of accent is Donovan Hock speaking in? It sounds very strange, like a mixture of Australian and Russian O_o

Lex

Administrator
Peeeerrrrruuuuuuzzzzsssshhhhhiaaaaa

Agreed tis a dodgy as fuck accent. I think it's likely the voice actor didn't understand what he was being told to do.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Really? I've never heard any South African sound like him :monster:

Granted I've only ever spoken to about three South African people.

Lex

Administrator
That's a terrible attempt at a South African accent Joe. Considering he's from the french bit of Canada I doubt it's even a decent attempt.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
It's actually pretty typical a SA accent, tbh. I know loads of people from around South Africa that live here and they all have a similar accent.

The real question is, if they can justify accents in this game where the omni tool translates all, why doesn't Kasumi sound Japanese?

Lex

Administrator
I also know loads of SA people and none of them sound like that so idk what's going on there.

The Kasumi thing is an excellent question XD

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Thinking about it, I'd adore a stealthy spin-off game where you play as Kasumi. Of all the squadmates she's the only one with a character archetype that would suit a non-shep story. She's her own character and easily main character material.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Finished Kasumi's loyalty mission and holy cow she is badass.

Told her to keep the graybox...I have a feeling I'll end up regretting that..

Lex

Administrator
Great, now use the SMG you picked up for the rest of the game. It's the best SMG in the game.

@Joe - Very true, but considering they've kinda ignored her character so far I don't think that's going to happen. I wouldn't mind a Kasumi novel that chronicles her time with Keiji or whatever his weeaboo name is.

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
It's actually pretty typical a SA accent, tbh. I know loads of people from around South Africa that live here and they all have a similar accent. ?

I also know loads of SA people and none of them sound like that so idk what's going on there.

Yeah we're pretty multi-cultural, which affects our various accents to the point where a city like Johannesburg or Pretoria has multiple different English (and Afrikaans) accents, for example Sandton-English, Rosebank-English, etc. And it should be noted that Sandton and Rosebank are really close together geographically, but they have unique accents.

Re: Kasumi - never had the DLC, so don't her story much, but is it not possible that she grew up off Earth, or maybe went to a school that taught neutral English? Some places do manage to do that.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
It doesn't help the question that her also-Japanese partner speaks in a North American accent.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
TETSOOOOWOOOOH

KANAY-DAAAAAAA

It's just Westernised voice direction, guys. :monster:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I still don't get how Vega's shitty Spanglish gets through the translator. I can understand some alien phrases like Keelah Se'lai not being filtered because they depend on context. But loco, cerveza and pendejo aren't exactly full of nuance.

Top Bottom