Mass Effect Series

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Don't even get me started again on that crap. I cringed every time he opened his mouth and started speaking in that abomination Bioware thought was Spanglish/Spanish.

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Yeah I'll be honest, it all sounded... Well you know how Barrett is, as they say, "What Japanese people think Black people are like"? Well it's that effect, but with Vega, and I don't know who did the thinking.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
What I don't understand is more basic than that.

In Mass Effect, humanity has ceased to have racial/national wedges separating them - everyone is a hodgepodge of ethnic makeup, to the point that blonde as a natural haircolor is an extreme rarity.

Why, then, would someone need to have an overtly Hispanic name/background/way of behaving (you know what I mean Carla so don't you start!)? Or Japanese, in the case of Kasumi? What does it even matter? Humanity is humanity.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I can understand how humans, at the very least, have their accents because they're from all different parts of the planet. But yeah, agreed about James. I'm going through my Insanity run and cringe when I hear him go on a Spanglish rant. It's so forced and not so natural.

Lex

Administrator
What I don't understand is more basic than that.

In Mass Effect, humanity has ceased to have racial/national wedges separating them - everyone is a hodgepodge of ethnic makeup, to the point that blonde as a natural haircolor is an extreme rarity.

Why, then, would someone need to have an overtly Hispanic name/background/way of behaving (you know what I mean Carla so don't you start!)? Or Japanese, in the case of Kasumi? What does it even matter? Humanity is humanity.

I agree, but then we'd have to consider that somehow 99.9% of humans in the galaxy have an American accent.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Tell that to Donovan Hocke.

And the Canadians like Mark Meer who do most of the voice acting :P

Lex

Administrator
A few oots and aboots does not a non-american accent make. Nor do the like... 7 people in the entire series with a convincing non-US accent, in a sea of thousands XD.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
A few oots and aboots does not a non-american accent make. Nor do the like... 7 people in the entire series with a convincing non-US accent, in a sea of thousands XD.

Doesn't help that non-Americans are sneaking around doing American accents as well. ;) I'll bet a lot of people couldn't name all the characters Claudia Black plays!

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'll bet a lot of people couldn't name all the characters Claudia Black plays!
Do you want Carlie to storm in here right now?

Because that's how you get Carlie to storm in here right now.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I said most people, not PhDs in Claudiology!

DV0JUIs.jpg

Also brb binging Farscape

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I'm liking the build up to this Jack person, every seems to be feared o' their arse of them :monster:

Also, Prisoner 780. Feck you for seeming nice. And then coming out with "Oh I just killed 20 people and blew up this one place, pretty small time."

Yeah....small time mass murder...¬_¬

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Yup, I now see why everyone is afraid of Jack :closedmonster:

I think I'm going to like her, she reminds me of Jane from The Walking Dead :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'm astounded that you don't perceive Miranda and dat ass as a good romance. :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
I like the idea of a Shepard and Tali romance, but I've never done it myself since I normally play as a female. In the meantime, I ship Talibrations so hard. And it must be a sign because I typed the word in and didn't even get the red line when I spell something wrong. :awesome:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Mmmm Shepard... you know I'm ticklish...

There could be a better romance, but I wouldn't know because I suck at not romancing Tali :awesome:

Top Bottom