Mass Effect Series

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
So I heard you didn't like the gameplay... what do you mean in particular? Because I thought the combat was pretty much like Mass Effect 2, except with a shitty dodge-roll and more customization appeal. :monster:

Combat feels WAY more like ME1 than ME2 to me. And those who know me know I hated that game with a passion and only played it because I thought it would affect ME3. This was pre-comic dlc.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
i thought someone mentioned that even without the mass relays they have FTL drives which meant it would not take decades but perhaps just years to get back out to quarian space (and inevitably a detour to turian space to get more food). i dunno, it doesn't seem SUPER DOOMING to have turians and quarians out near earth like everyone online seems to expect.

With MEs version of FTL drives (12 lightyears per day) it would take 22-27 years to traverse the width of the galaxy. IIRC the quarian home system is pretty much directly across the galaxy from Sol, while Palaven was like, halfway or so? So still over 10 years of constant FTL travel.

Lex

Administrator
With MEs version of FTL drives (12 lightyears per day) it would take 22-27 years to traverse the width of the galaxy. IIRC the quarian home system is pretty much directly across the galaxy from Sol, while Palaven was like, halfway or so? So still over 10 years of constant FTL travel.

Probably longer still if you factor in the galactic core. It's stated in ME2 that they don't travel through it.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
So I'm replaying the ending
to do the destroy and I noticed this:

me3ash.jpg

me3kaidan.jpg

The two bodies are exactly opposite each other on either side of the walkway up to TIM in the Citadel, and they just struck me because the top one's armor reminded me of Ash - bottom one could be Kaidan? I dunno, just thought I'd share.

Lex

Administrator
You can see
your squadmates bodies, that's now been confirmed. Which actually reinforces the indoctrination theory, since they can then magically appear on the Normandy. The two squadmates with you are definitely supposed to die.

Also, I found this and thought it was accurate:

9ux6q9.jpg

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Combat feels WAY more like ME1 than ME2 to me. And those who know me know I hated that game with a passion and only played it because I thought it would affect ME3. This was pre-comic dlc.

Sorry, but you really can't be more wrong about this. The game is absolutely nothing like ME1 and the combat is much better than ME2, I say this coming out of ME1 and Me2 directly into Me3.

ME3 is a fantastic game until the end.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
So I'm replaying the ending
to do the destroy and I noticed this:

me3ash.jpg

me3kaidan.jpg

The two bodies are exactly opposite each other on either side of the walkway up to TIM in the Citadel, and they just struck me because the top one's armor reminded me of Ash - bottom one could be Kaidan? I dunno, just thought I'd share.
Incidentally, I took some photos too

Of those mulched up bodies

MassEffect32012-03-1517-44-47-37.png

MassEffect32012-03-1517-44-43-59.png

You can clearly make out the faces and armored bodies in these

The dead body with the creepy manikin head is in the hall when you first get beamed onto the citadel as well as seen here

MassEffect32012-03-1518-16-14-32.png

and you can see it again on the other side

MassEffect32012-03-1518-16-01-50.png

MassEffect32012-03-1518-16-30-31.png

I also support the theory that the kid never existed. First Shepard is the only one who sees him, for some retarded reason the kid refuses help, then when shepard turns to look at anderson the child disappear, completely without any sound of him moving away through the vent.

Then at the end, NONE of the soldiers go to help the child get on the ship despite helping everyone else get on board. They don't even so much as look in his direction.

Lex

Administrator
I have a question,
after Shep is beamed up to the citadel, did anyone else have a rachni in the initial room with them? What was it doing? It kind of looked like it was tending to the bodies or something.

At this point, I don't even care if Bioware come out and say the Indoctrination idea is nonsense. I'll believe it as long as we're stuck with these endings.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
They were definitely Keepers.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Yeah those were keepers. Hey did anyone noticed the Turian Shep on Pulgatory? I thought he was hilarious.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
you should look up marauder shields on tumblr

its hilarious

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Here's an article about how Bioware fucked up the endings when they changed them and what the originals consisted of:

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/s...nged-dramatically-big-big-spoilers.250066288/

SPOILERS obv

This makes me want to punch somebody.

Here's another great article that has nail-to-head hittage. Also, there will be spoilers (most obvs).

Mass Effect 3 - Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory.

More or less a solid reflection of my feelings on the matter.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
If there's anything that's taken the sting out of the sense of longing for more closure out of this game, it's been watching Bioware's hilariously inept and futile attempts at damage control.

At first I thought that accusations that their reputation would be permenantly tarred by the ME3 ending shenanigans were just hyperbole. Now though, I'm not so sure. I'm genuinely not sure how they'll save face without post-ending DLC or comics or something.

The official Bioware forums say that they're at listening to the concerns and will be 'happy to engage in healthy debate' about the endings when more people have completed the game. That should be a laugh, at least :/

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Prince Lex said:
I'm not sure I did. Can you elaborate?

It's just a Turian that dances exactly like Shep did in ME1 so I decided to nickname him Turian Shep.

When that marauder came out I should've just let him kill me. Rest easy Marauder Shileds, your attempt to protect us from the ending will not be forgotten.

Lex

Administrator
Shit just went down on the Bioware forums.

FUCKINGMORON Hudson posted a statement that basically says "yeah we liked the ending, so did other people. We appreciate fan feedback. Buy DLC"

Everyone went understandably apeshit. Then Jessica Merizan posted this interesting tidbit.

It's a shame none of you guys are doing a drinking sesh this evening. It's 3am and I'm enjoying my whiskey. While holding the line.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I don't know what to make of Casey's statement. As a wise krogan once said, don't piss in my ear and tell me it's raining.

Top Bottom