Mass Effect Series

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
DwQTM.jpg

ForceStealer

Double Growth
So, because of stupid tax season and other games I haven't gotten this yet. But given that the internet's been hard to ignore: I'm to understand that the ending sucks, your choices don't end up mattering as much as they claimed, and now they'll sell us a DLC with a "no wait, THIS is what happened," ending?

That sounds...very Square Enix of them.

Last edited:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
So, because of stupid tax season and other games I haven't gotten this yet. But given that the internet's been hard to ignore: I'm to understand that the ending the sucks, your choices don't end up mattering as much as they claimed, and now they'll sell us a DLC with a "no wait, THIS is what happened," ending?

Because I'm in the process of making my ultimate Shep (playing through all three Mass Effects from start to finish) and haven't been able to yet play the story of ME3, I haven't been able to see any of the endings. Even so, it is worth every dime to buy Mass Effect 3.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Because I'm in the process of making my ultimate Shep (playing through all three Mass Effects from start to finish) and haven't been able to yet play the story of ME3, I haven't been able to see any of the endings. Even so, it is worth every dime to buy Mass Effect 3.

It's an amazing game, but it's not worth EVERY dime.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Sorry, but you really can't be more wrong about this. The game is absolutely nothing like ME1 and the combat is much better than ME2, I say this coming out of ME1 and Me2 directly into Me3.

ME3 is a fantastic game until the end.

What I find interesting about how Mass Effect 3's gameplay ended up being was that the cover mechanics weren't as important as they were in Mass Effect 2.

The decent amount of melee-based enemies and close quarters encounters make everything much more dynamic, as opposed to the static shooting gallery that ME2 was.

edit: lol@ the geth consensus

"It was fascinating. Mind-blowing. Also I'm a little bit thirsty."
lol

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
What I find interesting about how Mass Effect 3's gameplay ended up being was that the cover mechanics weren't as important as they were in Mass Effect 2.

That really depends on what class you're playing.

Though the sheer raw power of the vanguard class lets you play however you want.

I switched between sniping, holding back and spamming pull and shockwave for detonations, to just going full on apeshit with powers and shotguns zipping all over the goddamned maps.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
So, because of stupid tax season and other games I haven't gotten this yet. But given that the internet's been hard to ignore: I'm to understand that the ending the sucks, your choices don't end up mattering as much as they claimed, and now they'll sell us a DLC with a "no wait, THIS is what happened," ending?

Yeah, its kinda messed up. You should still get it when you have the time. The game is almost a complete masterpiece through and through. Its just the last 5-10 minutes that fail.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
That really depends on what class you're playing.

Though the sheer raw power of the vanguard class lets you play however you want.

I switched between sniping, holding back and spamming pull and shockwave for detonations, to just going full on apeshit with powers and shotguns zipping all over the goddamned maps.

I think it's just a matter of flexibility now. As an Infiltrator I'm often just positioning myself at angles that keep obstructions between my character and enemy fire. Even as a sniper, cover isn't 100% essential, esp. if you can get good time dilation buffs on the sniper rifle. :monster:

Speaking of which, the N7 Valiant seems to be the most awesome out of the CE pack.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I think it's just a matter of flexibility now. As an Infiltrator I'm often just positioning myself at angles that keep obstructions between my character and enemy fire. Even as a sniper, cover isn't 100% essential, esp. if you can get good time dilation buffs on the sniper rifle. :monster:

Speaking of which, the N7 Valiant seems to be the most awesome out of the CE pack.

Thats the same as using cover

Just because you're not pushed up against it gears style doesn't mean you're not using cover guy

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I see Vanguards routinely getting their shit pushed in, but that's not the class's fault. Too many are one trick ponies who think spamming Nova gets the same results in Gold as in Bronze. The ones who incorporate crowd control are usually the best.

Sentinels are pretty flexible too. Infiltrators are borderline unfair and probably a candidate for getting nerfed at some point. I get kicked at least 1 out of 4 games the instant I set foot in the lobby with my Salarian infiltrator.

I agree about the cover mechanics. I still see players trying to duck and incinerate all day ME2 style and it doesn't work anymore. In fact, I'd say cover (the mechanic, not the concrete barricade) is a full blown liability now. You can't stay in one place for more than ten seconds before getting flanked or a grenade thrown at you, and nothing is more infuriating than creeping along a wall when you meant to run like hell.

However... I disagree about time dilation. It wreaks havoc on my timing and I can't stand it. I'll be sloooowly moving the crosshairs to line up the perfect shot and... time dilation over, bad guy already in cover.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I agree about the cover mechanics. I still see players trying to duck and incinerate all day ME2 style and it doesn't work anymore. In fact, I'd say cover (the mechanic, not the concrete barricade) is a full blown liability now. You can't stay in one place for more than ten seconds before getting flanked or a grenade thrown at you, and nothing is more infuriating than creeping along a wall when you meant to run like hell.

I just watched a guy carry a match in gold do exactly that. Except he was using cover from the side.

The best way to use cover is to keep moving, duck in, pop a few guys, pop out, check your sides, then reposition however the situation demands.

Cover is by no means a liability imo, you just need to know how to use it for however the situation dictates.

More often than not, it's your enemy that dictates that though, obv certain reaper units will FORCE you to run like a bitch, but at the same time just running all the time doesn't work, because you WILL get gunned down eventually by mobs of support troopers. Which is why I use a combination of the two tactics, always keeping an eye on my back.

Ofc this is MP we're talking about and the cover mechanics are a lot more useful in campaign imo.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Thats the same as using cover

Just because you're not pushed up against it gears style doesn't mean you're not using cover guy

I said cover mechanic, not the concept of cover itself :monster:
/semantics

I don't think the cover system is redundant, but rather players aren't given to have to rely solely on the chest-high walls 100% of the time.

Time dilation is a bit of a bother, but only because the base time dilation in Mass Effect 3 is absurdly short compared to how it was in Mass Effect 2. With the right mods you can increase the time dilation a very fair bit, which gives you plenty of seconds to line up the perfect headshot.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10065503/1

Lex

Administrator
Yeah people were going crazy about that yesterday. Some dick reporter picked it up and tried to make it sound like all the fans were doing it. One person is not all the fans.

Needless to say, his article was spammed with abuse. The civil kind, mind you.

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Anyone up for some reaper action tonight? I'm looking forward to the mp event going on this weekend

Lex

Administrator
Anyone up for some reaper action tonight? I'm looking forward to the mp event going on this weekend

I am under oath not to turn the game on this weekend, for the sake of the cause! No seriously though hahaha.

Video (lyrics contain spoilers) -

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Oh and there's the Hitler video, wait let me pretend to be surprised. Well at least it was a little funny.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Oh and there's the Hitler video, wait let me pretend to be surprised. Well at least it was a little funny.

I agree, that Hitler video is over used. The original film it's from (Downfall) is great, got it on DVD. I'd recommend buying it, but... it's a good film but it gets dark.
Cyanide pills & children dark.

Wow that was off topic, anyway I predict a spin-off movie:

tumblr_m0kkh4xUat1ro7ue5o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom