Mass Effect Series

Lex

Administrator
Well no, I really don't. Neither do a lot of people here. But I didn't post it because I don't like the ending, I posted it because I thought it was funny! ^_^

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
My point is that for several pages, people have just bitched about the endings. Can we change the subject to something that people LIKE about the game(s) again? Or even just general commentary or easter eggs or w/e

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
I for one have loved this game, not completed it yet but then again my free time of late has been practically non-existent.

Being able to see the different home worlds of each culture has been awesome and I really enjoyed the little side missions all
Coming back to have bigger consequences in this game.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
My point is that for several pages, people have just bitched about the endings. Can we change the subject to something that people LIKE about the game(s) again? Or even just general commentary or easter eggs or w/e

So making perfectly valid criticisms about an ending that was irrefutably full of plotholes/coming up with fan theories to explain said plotholes/making fun of said plotholes is all just 'bitching'? :/

Anyways, I was meaning to ask earlier -does anyone know if in the dream sequences, if you import a save from ME2 where you lost people, do you hear their voices as well? Also, if
Miranda/Tali/Samara/Kelly/Grunt die
, do you hear them too?

Oh, and also, I was confused as fuck the first time Anderson appeared as an Admiral rather than a Councilor, which was apparently explained in the latest book? Wish they would've put in a throwaway line of Shepard asking him how it is to be back or something.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Oh, and also, I was confused as fuck the first time Anderson appeared as an Admiral rather than a Councilor, which was apparently explained in the latest book? Wish they would've put in a throwaway line of Shepard asking him how it is to be back or something.
Incredibly this :/

I mean, I knew it was coming. Brent had already filled me in. But not everyone has a Brent. I kinda wish that there had been some acknowledgement that there had been some change to ME2's status quo.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Incredibly this :/

I mean, I knew it was coming. Brent had already filled me in. But not everyone has a Brent. I kinda wish that there had been some acknowledgement that there had been some change to ME2's status quo.
yeah what the poop was that did i appoint anderson for NOTHING??? come on people no one likes udina

Lex

Administrator
I've got to be honest - it might be one of the best games I've ever played, if not THE best. I certainly haven't been so engrossed in a story since the PSX era FF's, and I don't think I've ever cried so many times during one game because of all the awesome.

That's why I found the end so damn soul destroying. It really really raped my soul.

But good stuff? I could go on for AGES.

Samantha Carter said:
Also, if Miranda/Tali/Samara/Kelly/Grunt die, do you hear them too?

I have no idea, but wouldn't that be amazing? I'm going to assume yes until I can find proof, because I know that if
Mordin doesn't die, you don't hear him and obviously you only hear Kaidan/Ashley if they're dead.

Speaking of what I just put in spoiler tags, another really amazing touch. It's all these small things that make this game so amazing (as well as the big things).

It's hard to pinpoint a particular favourite moment, but I have to say
the conversations with your team on the last mission were FUCKING EPIC!!!

Also, I would like opinions on
the way Liara's character was handled. I thought she was really amazing in this game, and TBQH I wasn't always a fan. I romanced Kaidan but she really felt like a kindred spirit/ best friend to Shep in this game, and that bit (during all the goodbye conversations) when she "shares herself" kind of thing, was just brilliant. In fact, Liara had so many amazing moments in this game. Her in Shep's cabin when she's "writing history", her dialogue in the mission on Thessia, her argument with Javik afterwards. I always thought she was meant to be the slutty alien trope for all the immature boys but I was so impressed with her character in this game. I was equally fond of Samara in 2 and I'm glad she made a return, however briefly.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Yeah I really liked Liara in this game, I feel like her character has steadily improved since ME1 and she ended up being one of my ultimate favourites by the end of 3.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Honestly I loved pretty much all her moments, especially in regards to Thessia and
the final convo between her and Shep in London

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Yeah the last convo in London with her did make me want to play the whole series again romancing Liara and staying loyal to her thoughtout the whole game. ^_^

But unless Bioware fix the ending I won't play it again, which is a shame because upto the ending it was easily one of the best games I've ever played.

I've got to be honest - it might be one of the best games I've ever played, if not THE best. I certainly haven't been so engrossed in a story since the PSX era FF's
Concur. :monster:

Anyone see Joker & Garrus telling jokes to each other? Loved that bit. :D

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Don't forget your spoiler tags ^_^ although they're not really that huge.

I loved the
Garrus/Tali romance, and Joker/EDI. Both great additions. I actually really liked how your crew moved around a lot more in this game, and spoke to each other.

EDIT: This makes me laugh so hard.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Thessia was a gigantic wake-up call, and I think it was kinda necessary in terms of the plot. Most of the time the end-goal of a mission tends to be at least partial success. On Thessia, Shepard fucks up, big time, and I think it's one of the best examples of a non-choice in an RPG.

I wouldn't have expected Mass Effect 3 to be a success story at all, so the whole ordeal on that mission was really refreshing.

Lex

Administrator
I agree, I really liked that mission. I think it was a great character development moment aswell.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
game should have had a fourth option where shepard suddenly puts the pistol to their head, yells persona and shoots

whether you live and summon god to seal the reapers away or die depends entirely on your ems and previous experience playing persona 3

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
The Thessia mission was great IMO. I felt like it was a reality check for the player that you can't solve or save everything. Also while I played as maleshep I saw femshe's version of Thessia on YouTube and Jennifer Hale's performance was brilliant.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I wish there were more missions there before the big assplosion

would have liked to see more of the planet, and doing so would have made the ultimate climax all the more difficult for the player to handle

Lex

Administrator
So someone inadvertently predicted the end to Mass Effect 3 - 2 years ago.

I must admit, it's uncanny.

374019_412301982120030_100000206954278_1877786_436907661_n.jpg

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Also the post-Thessia dialogue with the Normandy crew

ouch Joker
all those feelings

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
fuck joker

idfc what his reasons were

that was not cool

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
shit's pretty tense either way

Vendel

Banned
After getting shit pretty much every other multiplayer pack I open up. I got one with 3 great items. The Geth Plasma shotgun, the Widow and a +1 medi-gel capacity. Three rares bitches!

Top Bottom