Mass Effect Series

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Just solo'd bronze up to wave 10 against cerberus with the asari vanguard.

I have a new fav character

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
No u.

I unlocked the Asari Vanguard like two hours ago and it's MY new fav character.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i unlocked a quarian infiltrator rather than an asari vanguard

i like quarians........

Vendel

Banned
Quarian Infiltrator+The Widow I recently got=Reach out and touch someone.

Fuck you Guardians. I took you out and the asshole behind you.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Well it's good that they buffed the Phaeston.

Absolutely weaksauce, even on Bronze. I'd hate to think how it'd perform on silver or gold.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Apparently only about 1% of matches won are Gold

although as time passes it'll probably increase

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I have yet to win Gold without an Infiltrator.

Got a Crusader in my commendation pack. It's ok I guess, has better accuracy than the Widow and four shots to a clip, but its range sucks. I think I'll stick with my newly-buffed Claymore.

Also, the new premium veteran packs are nice.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
i unlocked asari vanguard on like the first day ;.; TOO BAD I BARELY PLAY THE MULTIPLAYER weep
and now i can't for like a week noooooooooooo

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I don't think I beat a Silver game during the weekend ;-;

So no commendation pack for me

Still, it's not the last of the events, so I'm staying positive! :3

Lex

Administrator
I have to say, I do enjoy the Asari Vanguard. I think Biotic Charge is one of my favourite powers. I need to get used to using a shotgun though, I tend not to, even with close range characters.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Sounds like they're just gonna elaborate on what already exists, which is fine with me.

I'm about to play some MP on 260 btw if anyone wants to join

I wanna play a silver challenge

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
PC version, dac?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Okay I just finished the game

I liked each and every part of this game and LOVED most of it. I am not getting in a huge anger fray because the ending didn't disappoint me so much as it was just the very final cinematic. I was just expecting a longer cutscene and perhaps one that wasn't the same for every single choice.

Anyway. Bloody good game. Can't wait for the first batch of DLC

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Just finished the game proper.

Near-perfect game in my eyes. Not 5 stars, not 10/10, not 100 Metacritic score because there are things here and there that stop it from being the best game evar. Most the positives I absolutely love about it, people have mentioned before: things carrying on from ME1 and 2, super tight combat system (besides the newfangled dodge-roll and the terrible one-button-does-everything for PC), more customisation and choice that reflects RPG values.
Now the endings: I understand the rage, but I don't align myself with it. Sure, the execution could have been handled far better, a lot of ideas being suddenly thrown around that were barely hinted at before (ie. ending seems like part tonal shift, part shoehorning a tangent), but at the same time: the fundamental concepts behind it are... actually not a bad idea.
It just seems that people aren't willing to take the time to open their minds to the possibilities, and think about the potential ramifications without the game dictating it to them (although iirc the game actually does dictate the ramifications before the choices are made).

I don't think the ending ruins the Mass Effect franchise forever, nor does it invalidate everything that Shepard's worked up to at that point. Because if Shepard didn't do all that stuff, how could they have worked up to those different solutions? At the end of the game, players have to ask themselves: what are the significant things that have changed in the galaxy, and what good could come of this? I think so many people are angry to the point where they oversimplify things into hyperbole out of rage. Sure, there were "three different-colored explosions". But then again, at the end of Mass Effect 2, Anadius was colored either blue or red.

It does certainly make emotionally identifying with the ending difficult when it all tends to be "greater-good" stuff that doesn't tell you a lot about the implications. As for the clamour for a different ending - part of me wants them to continue with what they have. I don't have the creativity to think of how they'd continue with that, because the endings certainly do have a finality to them, but I would think there are ways of giving answers that don't involve Shepard, or completely changing the plot of the ending.

So yeah - love the game. Wouldn't have missed the experience for the world. There are things that could have been much better, of course, but imo this is a finely crafted game. Very strong contender for my personal GOTY, although considering the line-up we know about so far, there's not a lot to contend with. =P

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
The endings invalidate much of your choices in the trilogy, and renders much of what you did inconsequential, but there's no point in going into at any further, everything thats wrong with it has been laid out in several different articles many of which have already been posted.

Lex

Administrator
Not to mention our own personal opinions have all been posted more than once, and since my sig makes it clear where I stand in every single post on the forums, I'm more than happy to stop discussing it unless theres a particular plot point someone wants to talk about - because I totally get that it's a downer for people who haven't completed it yet.

Hell, when I finished it I was in the "what is everyone complaining about?" camp until I calmed down from the non stop crying and thought about it logically.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
85627.jpg

femshepxliara is the canon one anyways

Splintered

unsavory tart
I ended the game with not knowing quite sure how I felt about it. I didn't know any of the spoilers and I didn't know there was a huge hate wave. I just sort of... sighed and stared and tried to sort out what the fuck just happened.

The more I felt about it, the more I thought it was just insulting.

Especially the option I chose, synthesis. Even the Adam-Eve symbolism of EDI and Joker just felt like it was piling more half thought out bullshit symbolism on my plate. But mostly, I hated the idea that synthesis would bring the "end of the conflict."

No. You know what brings the end of conflict? Shepard. Shepard stopped the salarians-krogan-turian tensions. Shepard united the geth with the quarians. And they didn't need to be "all the same." They needed hard work, understanding, and a badass to show the way. The idea that you can magic the meaness away, when you just spent hours arguing and fighting to unite a galaxy that was torn because of racism and historical differences doesn't sit right to me.

It's not thought provoking, it's dumb.

Even more annoying is when they tried to make it about synthetics versus organics, which might have worked. I mean, we did see this problem since game one. Except we RESOLVED that issue in this game. In a much better way, and one affected much more by the choices you made throughout the franchise. It's like if the godchild said the reason he did it was because of the genophage. I JUST CURED THE GENOPHAGE. We addressed and put an end to this discussion last game arc.

That said, the ending didn't nullify my love for this game. I enjoyed this game tons, even if the quest journal seemed to do everything within its power to piss me off. Nor am I in the "change the ending with free dlc" camp because at this point, I'm not sure I can play another ending without what happened stuck in my mind.

Top Bottom