Metal Gear Solid 5 (+ General Series Thread)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
That multiplayer mode is going to be basically the Mario Party of the MGS series (and y'all know what I mean by that)

Telcontar

Donator
Someone who claims that he used to work for KojiPro L.A., has been leaking stuff on /v/.

I've read a few gameplay(not story) stuff on GAF and it SEEMS legit, as in even if it were made up, it's actually pretty believable.

So watch where you step on the internet.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
TGS 2014 FOOTAGE

The amount of depth in MGSV's gameplay is absolutely staggering. The maps are huge, the graphics are godlike and there's just so much synergy with every item and character in the game (Kojima demonstrated at least three contextual uses of the inflatable decoys, and Quiet as a squad member = so much utility and purpose).
This game is going to fucking rock. Kojima is going to go six-for-six with the quality that's being shown in these trailers. Can't wait to see this in English.

Cutscene (probably post-scenario)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
ZOMG PUPPIES

MGSV GAME OF THE YEAR, EVERY YEAR
My Diamond Dogs can't possibly be this fucking badass
(eat your heart out Call of Duty)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Yeah seems like plot side arcs are involved

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Kojipro English release

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
So are we starting a clan on MGO?(for those who are getting it)

Ghost X

I'd be in for that. Unfortunately it may be a long time until I get MGO :P. You'll also enjoy my Australian lag, I'm sure :P.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
JixS4TG.jpg

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I finished MGS4, playing with a friend, on Friday. I've now completed all the games with him, though I still have to finish 3 and 4 on my own.

All I can say is that I'm really happy that TPP is taking place in 1984 and not after the events of 4. I don't think I could take any more plot twists to the Patriots storyline. I'm also looking forward to the atmosphere and equipment in the 1980s setting; I felt that too much of the narrative in 4 relied on futuristic technology.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I finished MGS4, playing with a friend, on Friday. I've now completed all the games with him, though I still have to finish 3 and 4 on my own.

All I can say is that I'm really happy that TPP is taking place in 1984 and not after the events of 4. I don't think I could take any more plot twists to the Patriots storyline. I'm also looking forward to the atmosphere and equipment in the 1980s setting; I felt that too much of the narrative in 4 relied on futuristic technology.

But it being in 1984 means it inevitably will be part of the Patriot storyline whereas everything after MGS4 would not have them (like MGR) :monster:

I don't think TPP will feel very 80s at all in setting or equipment. See AI Weapons and holographic handheld GPS devices in PW and GZ. :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Alright, I haven't really watched the trailers or anything, I was just assuming. :P

What I meant is that, being in 1984, it's not going to make any new plot twists to what happened in MGS2/4, whereas an MGS5 set chronologically after 4 might reveal that one of the Patriot AIs survived and has started to take control etc and so on. I just want to trust that 4 really was the end of it. (I don't know if Revengeance changed anything in that story.)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I don't think TPP will feel very 80s at all in setting or equipment. See AI Weapons and holographic handheld GPS devices in PW and GZ. :monster:
i played ground zeroes like 'YOU'RE USING FUCKING CASSETTE TAPES TO LISTEN TO MUSIC SNAKE WHY IS THERE A MAP HOLOGRAM SHINING OUT OF YOUR MAGICAL HANDHELD THAT CAN RECEIVE PHOTOS WIRELESSLY, THIS IS THE 70'S' except not that emotive because i don't get that angry about out of place technology in video games

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Yeah the iDroid is super silly, but at the same time everything has a clunky, 80s space-age design to it so I'm not too fussed

The game before MGSV (Peace Walker) tied into MGS4's plotline at the end of the game, so given what we've seen and heard about The Phantom Pain so far we'll be diving even deeper into the origins of the AI and La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo stuff.

Also, come to think of it Revengeance directly addresses the post-SOP era.

I cleaned up some of the new audio bits for Sins of the Father. Donna Burke <3

EDIT: What was the picture Yop posted? I missed it =P

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Yeah the iDroid is super silly, but at the same time everything has a clunky, 80s space-age design to it so I'm not too fussed

The game before MGSV (Peace Walker) tied into MGS4's plotline at the end of the game, so given what we've seen and heard about The Phantom Pain so far we'll be diving even deeper into the origins of the AI and La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo stuff.

Also, come to think of it Revengeance directly addresses the post-SOP era.

I cleaned up some of the new audio bits for Sins of the Father. Donna Burke <3

EDIT: What was the picture Yop posted? I missed it =P
still showing up for me but it's fifty shades of gray fox. probably the most justified reference to all that yet.

Top Bottom