Metal Gear Solid 5 (+ General Series Thread)

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
^I've already completed them before, so the trophies don't trigger again, I'm just doing a series playthrough in chronological order so I can remember craic for GZ/Phantom Pain and for nostalgia. Don't worry, I don't like hopping between games :monster: All the trophies I've picked up are just small ones I missed before. I still need to do the last bit of Peace Walker though. >__> I just haven't been arsed to get the
the railgun for Zeke

I always thought MGS2 had the weakest dialogue of all of them, Otacon's VA is at his best though. Paul Eiding sounds off as the Colonel from time to time, though I s'pose the sometimes unnatural sounding dialogue kinda makes sense in his case
what with him being an AI and all

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
The railgun for Zeke is a total bitch to do. I was grinding boss battles for hours before I realised what it was I had to do to get it.

Pain in the ass.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
You don't know what a pain in the ass is until you grinded for rare monster drops in PW. :P

Anyway, gameplay demo will be shown on KojiSta in 6h20min from now:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

cut of the English commentary over the legit E3 demo

PUT IT IN MY VEINS. NOW. LOOKS SO GOOD.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
The Fulton recovery system returns

not even rams are safe

Alice

The Persistent Flourish
I'm really digging the new cardboard box tricks. I'm kind of concerned they might make things too easy, but at the same time, I can't help but not care, just because it's the box. :monster:

But I'm particularly interested in getting to build the Big Shell lookalike Mother Base, and being able to actually move around on it. That's gonna be a lot of fun.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I like the timelines, but I guess Portable ops is being grouped into the MGS3 category?

Also since I haven't played Ground Zeroes or have a PS4-- didn't know Boss now goes by
Venom Snake.

That sounds a lot like Venom Fang, and now this song will forever be associated with him in my head

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Portable Ops is barely canon. Kojima practically loathes it, and it was basically handwaved off one line of dialogue during Peace Walker.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Portable Ops is barely canon. Kojima practically loathes it, and it was basically handwaved off one line of dialogue during Peace Walker.

Citation needed. :monster:

People try to extrapolate how Kojima feels from that one line in PW ("...leave all that crap in San Hieronymo behind...") but the fact is, he never really gave an actual indication that he "loathes" that game.

I don't like it when people state this as if it is fact. :P

All we know is that Kojima decided that some of the story details (didn't clarify which ones) do not fit into his canon even though the broader story of MPO still does.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Then I'm cautiously optimistic on what Kojima thinks about the Ac!d games. :monster:

(If he really does hate these games, he's throwing away good music, they had some gems)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
The point is that he doesn't want anything to do with it or go near the elements of those spinoffs because he didn't direct or write them. The 25th Anniversary site left out/made absolutely no mention of MPO in the Metal Gear timeline in its 'truth behind Metal Gear' stuff. All of the legacy collections have completely ignored Portable Ops as well.

He certainly isn't giving it any love. Hence, likely to be barely canon.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
On MGS4 now, sad that I'm reaching the end of my playthrough, and Act 4 will always hit me in me sentimental Irish heart. The moment The Best is Yet to Come starts playing when you saunter into the heliport...

*turns away to hide tears*

;_;

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I will also say that Rose looks so much better in MGS4 than what I was lead to believe in 2.

Rose HD

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Citation needed. :monster:

People try to extrapolate how Kojima feels from that one line in PW ("...leave all that crap in San Hieronymo behind...") but the fact is, he never really gave an actual indication that he "loathes" that game.

I don't like it when people state this as if it is fact. :P

All we know is that Kojima decided that some of the story details (didn't clarify which ones) do not fit into his canon even though the broader story of MPO still does.

Peace Walker treats things as though that is the first time he's encoutered a Metal Gear I think that puts most of MPO out of continuity.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
This just in:
oioxov.gif

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311340/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/287700/

More at eleven.

Top Bottom