Metal Gear Solid 5 (+ General Series Thread)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that there are people in the company who are looking to bump Kojima up to President or something (or who are looking to dethrone Kojima? who knows :monster:).

In any case, post-MGSV wouldn't be the worst time for Kojima to leave, since as far as we know, on post-release most ongoing development would probably be focused around Metal Gear Online (which is being worked on by the LA studio). My guess would be that Kojima would be contracted to finish directing Silent Hills, though, since Konami are obviously banking on the star power directing it and Kojima leaving the project might seriously hurt its rep. They'd probably bend over backwards to facilitate Kojima if he has demands, and then that could be it.

From GAF: Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV
FxmhEgi.jpg

GuQZUJE.jpg

25 pages of mind-fuckery.

I've used this gif before but... seriously...
rfFWukr.gif

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Well that's just some goofy shit :monster:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Regardless of what anyone says, I hope Kojima gets hired by Platinum Games to make Metal Gear Rising Re-Revengeance 2.

Cuz of reasons.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
PC Gamer report on MGSV: The Phantom Pain

-tRT7T18jO3u.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

This playfulness is classic Hideo Kojima monkeying at its best. As is the ostentatiousness of Snake’s absurd abilities. Dive off the side of a hill while wearing a cardboard box and Snake will toboggan down the slope. Slap a cutout of a bikini-clad babe to the same box and guards will swoon at your disguise—letting you push open the cardboard flaps for a surprise headshot. Beat up recruited soldiers back at Mother Base and your victims will only reply with sincere praise. “It was an honour, sir!” they yell, glad to have aided in your CQC training.

While other journalists are busy trying to speedrun the main missions in an effort to complete the game (after 14 solid hours of playing, it should be noted, no one did), I find myself distracted by wildlife hunts. As a side activity, Snake’s charged with rescuing creatures from the combat zone, and so I patrol the Afghan desert riding a wheeled bipedal mech called a Walker Gear, tranquillising everything that moves, Fulton ballooning larger creatures such as donkeys and bears and griffon vultures up into the sky and back to HQ, and stuffing my pockets with rats and other critters too small for the balloon journey. Luckily, my Mother Base home also boasts a series of platforms filled with animal cages and aviaries to create my very own floating zoo.

Hype boner uncontrollable, GOTY all years

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I'd be hyped, except for the fact I prefer blocking bullets with SWORDS over shooting guns.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Regardless of what anyone says, I hope Kojima gets hired by Platinum Games to make Metal Gear Rising Re-Revengeance 2.

Cuz of reasons.

Well, I mean

he didn't make the first one and also why would Konami hire the dude they just fired? :monster:

Ghost X

"Sorry, your stress bar is full, and you have to wait 24 hours before you can perform another stealth kill. To stealth kill quicker, please use up your cigarette tokens, or buy more through the online shop."

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm on a media blackout for MGSV so I'm gonna hold back on watching the new trailer and everything from here on. :monster:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Well, I mean

he didn't make the first one and also why would Konami hire the dude they just fired? :monster:

You're missing the point. Kojima doesn't need Konami to make Metal Gear Rising, since they screwed up in making the game originally. He could just work with Platinum Games or something.

Unless Raiden is owned by Konami and not Kojima?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Of course. They own Metal Gear, why wouldn't they own Raiden? O.o

Generally if you work for a company in a creative position, the company will own the copyright to what you make for it.

Last edited:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Well, as Suzaku said, Kojima's got the "keys to the kingdom" so he can pretty much sign on to any company he wants to do whatever he wants now that he can't make MGS games anymore...

Just a shame he isn't fighting Konami for his own creations.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
oh my fucking gooooood where do we even start with this trailer

Fuckin game of the forevers

I think Kojima will actually be partly relieved to move away from the Metal Gear franchise, tbh - dude's wanted to hand it off for years

Top Bottom