Naruto Anime/Manga (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Which is still a far bigger foot in the door then anybody will ever have with Sasuke, ever.

I have to disagree. Sasuke wanting specific information isn't really any different than the opportunities he gives Naruto when they meet up. While Sasuke may not give Naruto as large of a chance, Naruto has the advantage of still being trusted to a degree that Itachi doesn't. Naruto has also been stated numerous times by people like Tobi as having very specific potential emotional leverage over Sasuke, whereas Itachi only holds answers to the past for Sasuke.

Remaining convinced that nothing you say can possibly help without ever taking the steps to find out if your judgement holds true IS a perfect example of being screwed over by your own perceived realities. At the moment it's only true because Itachi doesn't feel like finding out if he's wrong.

Not buying crap like this is exactly why Naruto saved Konoha from Nagato. His actual answer was one part, but not listening to people like Shikaku and Inoichi when they said they were beyond words and stuff, is just as big a part of it. Not agreeing with the rookies when they say that as much they'd like to get him back, Sasuke has to be put down is big reason why Naruto will save Sasuke.

And he's tried before, unlike Itachi, who doesn't even want to get started on try number 1, he's already on his 100th try of getting Sasuke to give up on hatred. And he's never ever come evn remotely close to succeeding. And a couple of surprised expressions on Sasuke's face doesn't constitute progress either. Naruto wants to keep trying, Itachi can't even find it in him to start. Being dead is no excuse, he's here, he has every reason to believe he'll be the last person Sasuke runs into before burning down Konoha, he's got nothing better to talk about (in fact chooses to say several far less constructive things to Sasuke instead). If Naruto didn't bother every time his convincing Sasuke to give up on hatred looked hopeless, whether he one day had it in him to find the right words would be irrelevant.

Itachi has it in him to be like Naruto, he just doesn't want to. His perceived reality defeated him before his chances of success even needed to be guaged.

That's the point though. He already specifically declined the option of going after Sasuke himself, and left this duty to Naruto. Naruto being the one to convince Sasuke is part of Itachi's plan. Itachi doesn't have the same frame of mind to make himself into someone like Naruto, plus, he's got more important things to attend to. Itachi is purposefully only fulfilling the role that he set out to do, and leaving Naruto to take care of the rest, because that's what Naruto does best. Sasuke's refusal to acknowledge Itachi's point of view is another reason why he's not making any large attempts here, but it's also the reason why he smiles and thinks of his recent conversation with Naruto when Sasuke says that he sees through everything.

Naruto's failed before, because every time he's approached Sasuke aside from their last meeting where they avoided a real battle, Naruto hasn't had the frame of reference to really understand him up until recently. That's why his previous attempts had been failing. When they met fists, and Naruto mentions (to himself) that their roles could easily have been reversed really begins the point where HE understands Sasuke and what's making him do what he did. The both of them having a brief encounter with Itachi really puts them on the same playing field.

Essentially, I think that people are expecting too much of Itachi in reference to the meeting with Sasuke. He's explicitly left this duty to Naruto, and a happenstance meeting with his little brother isn't going to change what he's set out to do.

You're right. Itachi CAN'T afford a conflict with Sasuke right now. In fact Sasuke being there, wanting to keep Itachi around, while Itachi is trying to Genjutsu Kabuto into releasing his ass IS A GIGANTIC THREAT TO ITACHI'S PLAN! It would be piss easy for Sasuke to just Susano'o smack Kabuto out of the way every time he's caught in a Genjutsu. Seriously. He doesn't Itachi gone, he has the power to intervere. You want this as your audience. You may not want to waste time with him now but once you and Sasuke are spotted by Kabuto, you're committed and may have spoiled the only chance the Alliance had.

We don't even know that Genjutsu is the key to releasing Edo Tensei. Plus, I think that Kabuto's personal ambitions towards obtaining Sasuke for his own purposes would make it HIGHLY UNLIKELY that Sasuke would be protecting Kabuto in any capacity. I'd wager that to Sasuke, Kabuto will ALWAYS be a larger threat/target, and I can't imagine him helping Kabuto in ANY way.

X :neo:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I have to disagree. Sasuke wanting specific information isn't really any different than the opportunities he gives Naruto when they meet up.

Sasuke has never sought Naruto out for answers, Naruto has had to fight with tears and blood for every line he's managed to get in. And specific information? We only see him ask for specific information because he's got some perfectly legitimate questions to ask itachi and Itachi isn't giving the conversation half a chance.

While Sasuke may not give Naruto as large of a chance, Naruto has the advantage of still being trusted to a degree that Itachi doesn't. Naruto has also been stated numerous times by people like Tobi as having very specific potential emotional leverage over Sasuke, whereas Itachi only holds answers to the past for Sasuke.

Itachi has gigantic tons of emotional leverage over Sasuke. He's his reason for doing just about everything he does. Everything he's ever done up to this point is because Itachi steered him that, plenty of times directly against Naruto trying to pull him in the opposite direction.

So yeah, I'd say Itachi means a little more to Sasuke then that. I didn't see Sasuke talking to any imaginary versions of Naruto in the last chapter.

That's the point though. He already specifically declined the option of going after Sasuke himself, and left this duty to Naruto.

A decision that's now void since Sasuke is with him and Naruto may very well be countries away whether he likes it or not.

Itachi is purposefully only fulfilling the role that he set out to do, and leaving Naruto to take care of the rest, because that's what Naruto does best.

Again, Naruto has proven that he sucks at the job Itachi has assigned him over and over and over again. And the situation (Sasuke's state of mind) had always been better then it is now.

Sasuke's refusal to acknowledge Itachi's point of view is another reason why he's not making any large attempts here, but it's also the reason why he smiles and thinks of his recent conversation with Naruto when Sasuke says that he sees through everything.

Refusal to acknowledge WHAT? Sasuke has barely managed to say jack**** thanks to Itachi trying to avoid the conversation whilst Sasuke is trying initiate it.

Naruto's failed before, because every time he's approached Sasuke aside from their last meeting where they avoided a real battle, Naruto hasn't had the frame of reference to really understand him up until recently. That's why his previous attempts had been failing. When they met fists, and Naruto mentions (to himself) that their roles could easily have been reversed really begins the point where HE understands Sasuke and what's making him do what he did.

And then he failed again.

The both of them having a brief encounter with Itachi really puts them on the same playing field.

You cannot in any shape or form compare Naruto and Itachi's heartfelt conversation with THIS. I wouldn't be surprised if, when Naruto actually is PNJing Sasuke, and brings up Itachi, he's gonna be wishing Itachi hadn't adopted "I really could care less about what you're doing" attidute, when he met Sasuke just a little while ago.

Essentially, I think that people are expecting too much of Itachi in reference to the meeting with Sasuke. He's explicitly left this duty to Naruto, and a happenstance meeting with his little brother isn't going to change what he's set out to do.

I was only hoping he'd try. Since he and Sasuke are talking anyway. That's all. Doesn't matter if it's only for him to find out that he was right and things have come to a point that Naruto is the only one that can possibly stop Sasuke, I just want him to try and have a real conversation with Sasuke instead of hiding behind semantics. I really don't think that's all that much to ask.

If he fails, that's okay. Not trying at all even if it doesn't really cost him anything, cause he doesn't like his chances of success I don't approve of. Itachi has no Will of Fire going on here whatsoever.

We don't even know that Genjutsu is the key to releasing Edo Tensei.

We more or less do. We have been explicietly told as much by Kabuto himself.

Plus, I think that Kabuto's personal ambitions towards obtaining Sasuke for his own purposes would make it HIGHLY UNLIKELY that Sasuke would be protecting Kabuto in any capacity. I'd wager that to Sasuke, Kabuto will ALWAYS be a larger threat/target, and I can't imagine him helping Kabuto in ANY way.

Help him?? I'm saying he's liable to try to prevent Itachi desummoning himself. I was saying he'd smack Kabuto out of the way, not Itachi.

Another way is killing Kabuto. If Sasuke kills Kabuto before Itachi can stop Edo Tensei, then nothing will stop it. Itachi and Madara and all the other will stick around forever. Another thing we've been told by Kabuto. Which works out perfectly for Sasuke, Itachi, not so much.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Sasuke has never sought Naruto out for answers, Naruto has had to fight with tears and blood for every line he's managed to get in. And specific information? We only see him ask for specific information because he's got some perfectly legitimate questions to ask itachi and Itachi isn't giving the conversation half a chance.

Itachi has confirmed the basics that Sasuke was honestly concerned with, like his survivor's guilt, and that Itachi confirmed what he learned from Tobi.

Itachi has gigantic tons of emotional leverage over Sasuke. He's his reason for doing just about everything he does. Everything he's ever done up to this point is because Itachi steered him that, plenty of times directly against Naruto trying to pull him in the opposite direction.

So yeah, I'd say Itachi means a little more to Sasuke then that. I didn't see Sasuke talking to any imaginary versions of Naruto in the last chapter.

This is where I'd have to flat out disagree. I don't think that Itachi really has ANY real emotional leverage over Sasuke, and Sasuke's comments in this chapter makes that perfectly clear. He's refusing any advice, or refusing to listen to Itachi's idealogies or comments that aren't explicitly what he wants to hear.

A decision that's now void since Sasuke is with him and Naruto may very well be countries away whether he likes it or not.

It's not void in any way. Sasuke's still destined to conflict with Naruto if he wants to eliminate Konoha, so their meeting is unavoidable.

Again, Naruto has proven that he sucks at the job Itachi has assigned him over and over and over again. And the situation (Sasuke's state of mind) had always been better then it is now.

I don't think so. One, until now, Itachi never really assigned him as the person to carry the role. Naruto was (and still is) doing it of his own motivation. Naruto's understanding of Sasuke is intrinsically tied into the main source of conflict on a greater scale, and Naruto can't resolve that until he understands it. His previous failures exist as points of him learning, but I also don't think that Sasuke will ever turn from his path, until he can identify with Naruto's part experience as well. It's their connection and life path juxtaposition that gives Naruto the best leverage out of anyone. If Itachi believes that Naruto is the one who's in an appropriate position to take that role, I don't think that there's any doubt for that.

Refusal to acknowledge WHAT? Sasuke has barely managed to say jack**** thanks to Itachi trying to avoid the conversation whilst Sasuke is trying initiate it.

The whole latter portion of Sasuke's dialogue is telling Itachi that he's seeing through his tricks, and that he's not changing his mind to destroy Konoha, despite Itachi's prior efforts. That's got nothing to do with Itachi's conversation or lack thereof, it's all about Sasuke's personal viewpoints. I can't think of anything that Itachi can say would change Sasuke's mind.

You cannot in any shape or form compare Naruto and Itachi's heartfelt conversation with THIS. I wouldn't be surprised if, when Naruto actually is PNJing Sasuke, and brings up Itachi, he's gonna be wishing Itachi hadn't adopted "I really could care less about what you're doing" attidute, when he met Sasuke just a little while ago.

I can. Aside from the fact that Itachi & Naruto's conversation is mostly what lead to the way that this conversation is happening, Itachi is directly correlating things that Sasuke is saying into his memories of his conversation with Naruto.

I was only hoping he'd try. Since he and Sasuke are talking anyway. That's all. Doesn't matter if it's only for him to find out that he was right and things have come to a point that Naruto is the only one that can possibly stop Sasuke, I just want him to try and have a real conversation with Sasuke instead of hiding behind semantics. I really don't think that's all that much to ask.

If he fails, that's okay. Not trying at all even if it doesn't really cost him anything, cause he doesn't like his chances of success I don't approve of. Itachi has no Will of Fire going on here whatsoever.

He did try, and he's not really hiding behind semantics at all. He's very frank and clear about everything that says to Sasuke, and even very plainly talks about his manipulative plans to guide Sasuke's life. I think maybe, because the translations from Mangareader make it seem WAY more complicated than it is, this might not be clear, but it's not at all an odd conversation between the two of them. Narutoforums has a couple better versions of the text in threads here & here that you might want to check out.

We more or less do. We have been explicietly told as much by Kabuto himself.

When? I don't recall him mentioning anything like that.

Help him?? I'm saying he's liable to try to prevent Itachi desummoning himself. I was saying he'd smack Kabuto out of the way, not Itachi.

Another way is killing Kabuto. If Sasuke kills Kabuto before Itachi can stop Edo Tensei, then nothing will stop it. Itachi and Madara and all the other will stick around forever. Another thing we've been told by Kabuto. Which works out perfectly for Sasuke, Itachi, not so much.

If he's causing Kabuto pain in order to attempt to keep Itachi alive, he's helping Kabuto. While the possibility of Sasuke killing Kabuto is a possibility to keep Itachi alive, I rather doubt that he'd do it. He'd only end up with an immortal version of his brother, constantly attempting to defeat him, which goes against what Sasuke's objective is. His hatred of the prejudice that made his brother into a monster VASTLY outweighs his love for his brother's twisted attempt at caring for him.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Itachi has confirmed the basics that Sasuke was honestly concerned with, like his survivor's guilt, and that Itachi confirmed what he learned from Tobi.

I hardly feel that Sasuke's few answers to Itachi's reluctant replies can confirm utter outright impossibility of Itachi effecting Sasuke as opposed to Naruto, but even IF it did, that hardly happened because of Itachi. He didn't confirm anything, he was lucky to pick up as much as he did, because Sasuke wasn't willing to totally let him prevent any conversation happening at all. In no way can I credit the answers that Sasuke has given to Itachi's inquistive nature.

This is where I'd have to flat out disagree. I don't think that Itachi really has ANY real emotional leverage over Sasuke, and Sasuke's comments in this chapter makes that perfectly clear. He's refusing any advice, or refusing to listen to Itachi's idealogies or comments that aren't explicitly what he wants to hear.

Itachi hasn't given any advice. And nobody in the story has ever had much taste for Itachi's ideologies, except maybe Tobi and even then it was probably just to manipulate Sasuke better. They haven't been as shouty and rude about it as Sasuke, but well Itachi didn't kill their whole family, now did he.

It's not void in any way. Sasuke's still destined to conflict with Naruto if he wants to eliminate Konoha, so their meeting is unavoidable.

Meeting Naruto is in no way destined to forego attacking Konoha. Especially when he's so very busy, so very far away. And it is void because he can't leave it to Naruto because Sasuke is with him and he is going to have to deal with that reality.

I don't think so. One, until now, Itachi never really assigned him as the person to carry the role. Naruto was (and still is) doing it of his own motivation. Naruto's understanding of Sasuke is intrinsically tied into the main source of conflict on a greater scale, and Naruto can't resolve that until he understands it. His previous failures exist as points of him learning, but I also don't think that Sasuke will ever turn from his path, until he can identify with Naruto's part experience as well. It's their connection and life path juxtaposition that gives Naruto the best leverage out of anyone. If Itachi believes that Naruto is the one who's in an appropriate position to take that role, I don't think that there's any doubt for that.

I can't for the life of me understand how identifying with Naruto's past experiences will help change Sasuke's mind at all. He has no interest in getting Naruto on his side like it is the other way around. He has in the past claimed Naruto can't understand his pain, but he's never pretended that he on the other hand he can perfectly understand Naruto's pain. he's aware of Naruto's hardships and Gaara's for that matter and how they have chosen to deal with them, but he hasn't let that effect his decisions about how he should live his life. Nor should it. It has no relevance to his beef with Konoha.

The whole latter portion of Sasuke's dialogue is telling Itachi that he's seeing through his tricks, and that he's not changing his mind to destroy Konoha, despite Itachi's prior efforts.

He didn't say that it isn't going to change his mind (not saying that he's perfectly willing to change his mind but he hardly added a disclaimer explaining why shouldn't bother talking to him while trying to get Itachi to talk to him), he said he's going to destroy Konoha and why. Cause he has no idea Itachi knows anything about this. It wasn't even a response. All that Itachi said to get that answer was "...", He didn't formulate it as a question but Sasuk still threw that line at Itachi in the hope of sparking a reply.

And what prior efforts? All of Itachi's prior efforts have been aimed towards turned Sasuke into avenging that uses the power of hatred to smite the destroyer of his clan. In other words, the current Sasuke. You mean despite Itachi's wishes.

That's got nothing to do with Itachi's conversation or lack thereof, it's all about Sasuke's personal viewpoints. I can't think of anything that Itachi can say would change Sasuke's mind.

Sasuke shouting his viewpoints exactly BECAUSE Itachi refuses to answer questions has everything to do with Itachi's extreme lack of conversation. He's shouting his viewpoints like this because he HAS too, because certainly anything less wouldn't have gotten Itachi's attention.

And i can't think of anything that Itachi can say that will change Sasuke's mind either. But then neither can I think of what Naruto will come up with. Nor do I think Itachi is already predicting what Naruto will say. Hell, I don't think Naruto has already gotten that far either. The words are out there. And Itachi's still got a better change of vocaling them before Sasuk shoved a Sword of Totsuka up his ass then Naruto. He won't find the words, I know but, I'd still try in vain ahead of what he had to say instead.

He did try, and he's not really hiding behind semantics at all. He's very frank and clear about everything that says to Sasuke, and even very plainly talks about his manipulative plans to guide Sasuke's life. I think maybe, because the translations from Mangareader make it seem WAY more complicated than it is, this might not be clear, but it's not at all an odd conversation between the two of them. Narutoforums has a couple better versions of the text in threads here & here that you might want to check out.
Okay.

Itachi: I told you this when we fought... "Everyone lives by their own assumptions. Wouldn't you agree?" "That reality could simply be an illusion." Do you truly know my reali-

Itachi : I think I already told you when we fought. "People live trapped by their own assumption. When you think about it, their reality
is maybe just an illusion."
In reality my truth is ...

This, talking about personal realities in response to someone saying they'll destroy a village (after already ignoring several questions you kinda do owe a response to), I'd call hiding behind words. Frank talk would saying what you think of his decision to destroy Konoha.

Itachi: The fact that you always speak so confidently hasn't changed... But I've heard about what you've done after I died... You've really changed.

Itachi : Your speaking tone didn't change, always so confident. I've been told about what you did, and how much you changed.
Sasuke demands to know why he's running away, saying he's done falling for Itachi's illusions, wants to know whether he's afraid to tell him the truth, whether he's feeling guilty for lying.

Itachi responds by talking about how his speechtone hasn't changed.

That is again, not a direct reply. Or very frank talk. I can see why Sasuke is getting the impression that Itachi is afraid to just tell Sasuke the truth. (not saying fear is actually the issue but)

After that, when Sasuke shouts that Itachi should killed Sasuke like he killed both their parents, Itachi finally opens up. (Pretty harsh, and tells us something we didn't about the current Sasuke, but I can see why he feels it's neccesary at this point)

Itachi: You didn't know anything about what was happening at the time... You knew nothing about the Uchiha's foolish plans... You were just a child. And it wasn't just for you... I wanted to someday be brought to justice by you, another Uchiha. That's why I used the hatred within you... And that's why I failed. In the end, all I did was give you more hatred and make you desert the village... I turned you into a criminal...

Itachi: I hoped that you would walk the right path... ... Before I died, I tried to make it so you wouldn't go down the wrong path... I tried to lure you onto a straight road with no branching paths... By rewriting the guideposts with lies and ocular abilities.
Sasuke: You wanted me to stay ignorant and just walk down that road without a care in the world...!? I don't want to walk a road like that!
Itachi: Yeah... You're right... Where you go in life is your own decision.
Sasuke: No matter how much you rewrite the guideposts... My eyes can see through your changes!
Itachi: Heh...
Sasuke: What's so funny!?

Itachi: ...Nothing... Guideposts aren't the only things that show you where to go...
Sasuke: !?
It's clear from his earlier speech that even after running into Sasuke, Itachi wasn't planning on even saying as much as this, but he did. He finally personally told Sasuke what it is he was trying to do. Props for that at least.

Sasuke replied to that he didn't wanna live ignorant. And then he said something about seeing through the guideposts or something (it's a little weird metaphor in every translation)

I wouldn't call that a rejection of everything Itachi could possibly have to say as much as a warning not try lead him down another illusion.

After that Itachi shuts him out for good.

All in all, if Itachi's talk to Naruto about how you should never try to do everything alone was an admission that he should've done things differently back then, then you'd think there'd be something more resembling an apology in there. (Not saying that it was, but someone over NF argued as much and it made some sense to me). Just telling Sasuke he disagreed with what he was doing and wishes he would change his mind should've come sooner and be the focus of the conversation, rather then be implied from his explanation of his earlier intentions.

And yeah, just give direct anwers instead of say something designed to annoy him about illusions and reality since you got nothing to lose.

If not just outright plead for Konoha's sake while running. Plenty of things he could've done with miniscule at best chances of success but would show he gave it his best effort and at least would've made Sasuke stop being delusional enough about what Itachi thinks to keep talking to an imaginary Itachi all the time in his absence.

When? I don't recall him mentioning anything like that.
http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/521/3

That's all we know. Certainly explains why Itachi feels he's the best man for the job.

If he's causing Kabuto pain in order to attempt to keep Itachi alive, he's helping Kabuto. While the possibility of Sasuke killing Kabuto is a possibility to keep Itachi alive, I rather doubt that he'd do it. He'd only end up with an immortal version of his brother, constantly attempting to defeat him, which goes against what Sasuke's objective is. His hatred of the prejudice that made his brother into a monster VASTLY outweighs his love for his brother's twisted attempt at caring for him.
Well he's willing to put his hatred of Konoha aside to fight with Naruto. I think forcing Itachi to make Sasuke the center of his attention and taking away his excuse for dodging the conversation meaning he'll also have to defeat his brother before moving on, might seem like a good deal for Sasuke. We'll see.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Wel I was wrong, looks like his Genjutsu's which can be used to force him to cancel Edo Tensei weren't at all the reason Itachi assigned this mission to himself. It was because he knew where Kabuto was. If Itachi knows so little about Edo Tensei, he might not know the correct seals to dispel it anymore then Tobi did before Kabuto let him in on it.

But Sasuke (being Orochimaru's student) just might. That'll be the day.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Chapter was fucking garbage.

Would it kill Kishimoto to not have a female Leaf ninja not be used as a goddamn weaksauce sacrificial lamb?

Pretty sad Tsunade's big talk only earned her a Susanoo sword to the chest. Fucking garbage. Tsunade better not be dead from this shit.

As for Itachi, he better not be stupid and forget he can just mind control Kabuto to undo it and just kill him afterwards.

Just hope Sasuke doesn't do anything stupid.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
As for Itachi, he better not be stupid and forget he can just mind control Kabuto to undo it and just kill him afterwards.

He can't forget it if he doesn't know it to begin with, and undoing the Edo Tensei would kill Itachi before he can kill Kabuto afterwards

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Chapter was fucking garbage.

Would it kill Kishimoto to not have a female Leaf ninja not be used as a goddamn weaksauce sacrificial lamb?

Pretty sad Tsunade's big talk only earned her a Susanoo sword to the chest. Fucking garbage. Tsunade better not be dead from this shit.

Just hope Sasuke doesn't do anything stupid.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
He can't forget it if he doesn't know it to begin with, and undoing the Edo Tensei would kill Itachi before he can kill Kabuto afterwards

Couldn't Itachi just put Kabuto in a genjutsu that makes him feel he has to undo the Edo Tensei and then kill himself?

Hell, Tobi put Konan in a genjutsu that made her spill the location of Nagato's corpse and then the genjutsu killed her. Either through induced suicide or severe mental trauma.

Itachi could do the same thing, I'd imagine.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I was really getting into the manga too, and then this chapter

BAH

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
This chapter actually provides some rather interesting insight about Tobi's tactics. It looks like Zetsu's cloning technique is based on Hashirama's Mokuton Ninjutsu, so it's not surprising to see him use that same tactic to take out Tsunade. I HIGHLY doubt that she's dead, because - as we've seen with Jiraiya - the Will of Fire isn't snuffed out that easily, and her Byakugou is pretty significantly powerful, and built explicitly to allow her to survive grevious injuries like that. I think that Madara's underestimating the resolution of her spirit, and that's what's gonna cost him for revealing himself like that.

Also, it'll be VERY interesting to see how the Sasuke/Kabuto/Itachi meetup pans out.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
God fucking damn it where is Naruto and Tobi's fight? I have to see it concluded ; . ;

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Itachi and Sasuke teaming up to beat the shit out of Kabutochimaru? Fucking. awesome. I'm somewhat reminded of the old Sasuke for some reason so I wonder if this is what it'll take for Sasuke to stop being crazy. (Though it'll be sorta disappointing if that's all it'll take for Sasuke to do a HFT.)

Also, this page: http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/578/15

Itachi wai u maek mai kokoro go doki doki.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Bad. Ass. Chapter.

I knew Tsunade wasn't taken down, but it's even more awesome knowing that it was her tactic to create an opening, and that she almost buried Susano'o's sword into his face. Things are gonna get INSANE now that it's 5 vs. 1, which hopefully means that we see a ton of good combat from each of the Kages.

Then we've got the Uchiha Brothers vs. Kabutorochimaru. I can't wait to see how that pans out.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
There's a MUCH better translation from the NarutoFan Forums by Geg.
(It's text-only, but essentially required for understanding what's happening this chapter, especially Madara's final threat).

Also, there's another group who's doing scanslations. Their translations are a bit better (barring Tsunade's line on the larger panel), but the scan's a little overly processed, and loses some of the visual detail in some of their images.

http://dragonflyscans.org/manga/naruto/578/

Here's to hoping that we'll get an exceptional group soon made from some others pooling their recources.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I retract all my rage and scathing criticism of Kishi regarding Tsunade.

That was fucking badass and Tsunade is the sexiest badass ninja ever.

I hope Sasuke and Itachi tear Kabuto a new asshole and then fill it with Amaterasu fire. :monster:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Now... I want you to defeat Itachi, destroyer of the Uchiha clan, once more. I brought him back into the world of the living. Meaning Itachi is currently a nuisance for both of us, Sasuke-kun.
I really like how behind the times Kabuto is regarding Sasuke. I kinda hope Itachi or Kabuto give us more information about why the Nidaime developed Edo Tensai. This seems to be the fight to do it. The Madara fight is getting crazy. Prediction: Madara kills Tsudane, but Tsunade takes him down with her.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Karin's an Uzumaki!? It's so obvious thinking about it now... Aside from that, Kabuto training with the snake sage, and editing his own DNA with Sasuke's team + Orochimaru finally all ads up. I still hate him, but DAMN it'd be interesting to follow his whole story arc through at some point. Overall, it managed a tie a LOT of concepts together, detail the returning Taka team members, reinforce the Sage Summoning Beast mythology aspect and show Itachi & Sasuke together. Total. Great. Justice.

Also- I'm never gonna stop calling Sasuke "Dr. Snakes" now. Can't stop laughing.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Nice. Naurto now has family out there somewhere. It sounds like there's more then one type of sage mode. I hope it goes into Toad sage mode differs from Dragon sage mode.

The color spread was pure win.

Top Bottom