Naruto Anime/Manga (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Did anybody noticed that tsunade was cut in half?

Anyway, I was kinda disapointed that we don't get to see Madara slaughtering the Kages...I was curious to see what more insane powers could Madara have.

But, holy shit, the man is insanely powerful even with his warfan...a true doomsday machine!

Can't wait to see him fighting Naruto and Bee...

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
WOAH!!! I was TOTALLY not expecting an early release!!

Happy Tuesday!!! :D

Here we go.

The Kagebunshin line isn't any more clear over at Mangastream, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what's up with that. I can't help but feel as though it's somehow related to that flash of Obito's arm that got hit with Rasengan, when Madara looked at him.

Seeing Naruto grow tails again when he's pissed off, but being fully in control of that power is JUST. FUCKING. AWESOME. The way that he uses them to rip the chains out of Bee and hurl them at Madara was SO cool. Really, I'm just digging the displays of the scale of his power lately, and feel the need to mention it.

They did a GREAT job with the Kage reveal, which I felt held more impact than if we'd seen him take them down, because it had a big shock value to it with Madara's arrival elsewhere that it wouldn't have had otherwise. I also really, REALLY liked the artwork for Tsunade. See seemed to be very weary and old, but still beautiful and determined.

It looks like I was at least SOMEwhat correct about the idea of Obito facing of against Kakashi & Gai, while Naruto & Bee have to deal with a bigger threat. I'm more excited about it being against Madara, with him STILL trying to seal them into Gedo Mazo before the transformation completes. It puts a LOT more risk for them all, and I think that they may end up being some of the best fights that we've ever had, and the fact that it looks like we're gonna be hacing some MAJOR characters die is really keeping my face glued to the action.

Last, but CERTAINLY not least - we're getting flashback.

HELL. YES.

I can see why Itachi would have described the REAL Madara as a shadow of his former self. The man was OLD. I'd stand by my guess that Obito would be acting as his proxy to bring about events that he couldn't accomplish himself. Either way, I cannot WAIT to see the specifics of how everything goes down.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
tumblr_m9re1g1xop1rwo69po1_1280.jpg

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Looks like Madara had already deployed his Rinnegan to Nagato by then, like I suspected. I was pretty surprised to see Madara missing a single eye and literally leeching his existence from the same Lotus object that eventually built White Zetsu. It's an awesome way for him to have survived, and I like the idea that Obito's apparent death due to his best friend's actions partially activated his Mangekyo to allow him to slip away and survive.

I'm now becoming convinced that Gedo Mazo was Madara's construction from this Senju biomatter in an attempt to recreate a body for Jubi but in a form that could be contained and controlled, hence why it's intrinsically connected to his Rinnegan implanted in Nagato and functions by feeding through the chakra rods in Nagato's back, just like Madara has.

Since we know he can't disconnect from it without dying, I'm almost positive that his accomplice is Black Zetsu, since he'd need a way to accomplish tasks like giving out his Rinnegan without leaving, and it looks like the bodies aren't viable enough to be White Zetsu.

Awesome chapter. SHITTONS of subtle details and stortline. I can't wait to see how this evolves.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
The translations was kinda vague on this one line “Take care of… your lower parts?”
Did Obito just ask if he had to sexually pleasure Madara?:huh:
Or did he think Madara had old person bowel movement troubles?

Still very interesting chapter, like how Obito still acts like Obito even with half his body gone. And it looks like Madara going to take a long time to break Obito.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Looks like Madara had already deployed his Rinnegan to Nagato by then, like I suspected. I was pretty surprised to see Madara missing a single eye and literally leeching his existence from the same Lotus object that eventually built White Zetsu. It's an awesome way for him to have survived, and I like the idea that Obito's apparent death due to his best friend's actions partially activated his Mangekyo to allow him to slip away and survive.

I'm now becoming convinced that Gedo Mazo was Madara's construction from this Senju biomatter in an attempt to recreate a body for Jubi but in a form that could be contained and controlled, hence why it's intrinsically connected to his Rinnegan implanted in Nagato and functions by feeding through the chakra rods in Nagato's back, just like Madara has.

Since we know he can't disconnect from it without dying, I'm almost positive that his accomplice is Black Zetsu, since he'd need a way to accomplish tasks like giving out his Rinnegan without leaving, and it looks like the bodies aren't viable enough to be White Zetsu.

Awesome chapter. SHITTONS of subtle details and stortline. I can't wait to see how this evolves.

So who'd you place Naruto's odds on JnJing Tobi now?

Xinda

Memento Mori
The translations was kinda vague on this one line “Take care of… your lower parts?”

Considering mangastream's translation also keeps it... open...

Mangapanda said:
O: ...... Take care of...your lower parts...?
M: ...Not Really...

Mangasteam said:
O: .....Take care...of your lower region...?
M: ...If you would like...

Why yes, that was a part I was also rather...curious about.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Dang, Madara is great at twisting people's words. I think I can kinda see where this is going.

What I really want to know is what Madara meant by saying his current sharingan is a spare. If what Obito told Sasuke is true, that eye should be Madara's brothers. If it isn't, it begs the question of why Madara gave it away as it gave him the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So who'd you place Naruto's odds on JnJing Tobi now?

I had to look around for quite a while to figure out what the hell you meant by 'JnJing'. I do have a comment to make about the term 'Jesus no Jutsu' before I make my response though: I'd say that almost all of Kishimoto's characters are designed with varying shades of grey in their character traits/flaws that allow them to be manipulated into opposing roles when presented with particular motivation. I think that when characters connect with each other, they're more able to exploit this relationship. Referring to it as 'JnJing' makes it seems like it's just a hand-waving technique for making bad guys into good guys, rather than finding the common ground between two enemies. The examples that come to mind as the most clear Good, Neutral, & Evil motivations would be Naruto to Nagato, Kisame to Gai, and Obito to Sasuke respectively. Clearly there are other examples like Zabuza, Kabuto, Kurama, etc. but I think that makes my point.

Now, to directly answer your question, I'm assuming that you're referring to Obito, and I don't think that Naruto is going to be involved in the fight against Obito at all. I think that the resolution of this conflict is going to be entirely completed by Gai & Kakashi for reasons I stated earlier - which is to close that arc, and give the older generation some resultion to their strife, and allow the new generation to step into their place.

Dang, Madara is great at twisting people's words. I think I can kinda see where this is going.

What I really want to know is what Madara meant by saying his current sharingan is a spare. If what Obito told Sasuke is true, that eye should be Madara's brothers. If it isn't, it begs the question of why Madara gave it away as it gave him the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.

I referred to this in my earlier post, but let me clarify:

The REAL Madara gave Nagato the Rinnegan - which he had developed from the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan. He developed the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan, because his brother gave up his Sharingan. Because Nagato currently has both of Madara's Rinnegan eyes, he's got to resort to using a backup, and he's only got one spare Sharingan, so one of his eye sockets is still empty.

As additional references to Madara's connection with Nagato this chapter, we can see that when Gedo Mazo is first summoned by Nagato, it rises from under the ground, and implants Chakra Rods in Nagato's back, just like the Senju biomatter cables that are running out of Madara's back. Madara also refers to the Senju Lotus as "the Mazo." Plus, during the raid on Konoha, there's an explicit reference to the Uzumaki Clan's chakra strength.

This is clearly the same Lotus that we see later, because You can see Hashirama and he's exactly the same as the one seen later that Yamato's sealed next to, with the torso & the eight arms. This supports the idea that I stated about the Gedo Mazo being created from the Senju's biomatter in the form of wood, because that would allow the vessel to be able to contain the chakra of the Biju. It's essentially an artificial body for Jubi, since Jubi's original body is supposed to have been sealed into the moon by the Sage of Six Paths.

Still very interesting chapter, like how Obito still acts like Obito even with half his body gone. And it looks like Madara going to take a long time to break Obito.

Considering mangastream's translation also keeps it... open...

Why yes, that was a part I was also rather...curious about.

If anyone has a raw of the chapter, I'll be more than willing to look it over, and try to figure out what the HELL he was referencing.

Side note: We know that Madara eventually gets partially restored - at least enough to walk free from the cables before he dies, since he meets Itachi in person.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Well it is super ambiguous. I'll probably have to ask my Japanese teacher about the verb they're using and what he's contextually suggesting, since it's not a verb that I'm familiar with, and I was too burned out last night to find anything helpful on 2ch or any of the other sites that had threads about it when I looked last night. There's a chance I might get time to try again tonight, but I'm also burning myself out trying to translate an interview right now. XD

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Well well well... That was unexpectedly VERY different. It's interesting to see that the Zetsu that we've met so far have variable forms, and the ability to speak. I'm pretty certain that they were used for giving the Rinnegan to Nagato, even though it hasn't been explicilty stated.

This last bit is really exciting as well, and it looks like we're about to get a LOT of questions answered, including Obito's more mature age during the attack on Konoha, as well as why the blow to his arm just caused it to melt away, since it's not formed strongly enough. I'm almost certain that this is what's going to lead to Madara or Obito manipulating the Mizukage.

The jury's still out on Black Zetsu though.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Yeah, looks like Obito looking than older/taller than one would expect during the Nine Tails rampage is thanks to the Tobi-senju-wood-shell-body thing. And it looks like maybe there was only one Tobi the whole time after all (since Obito did indeed grow his hair out long).

And did proto-White Zetsu calling the Tobi-body "a nice guy" seem like a call back to Zetsu calling Tobi-Obito a "good boy" to anyone?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Well well well... That was unexpectedly VERY different. It's interesting to see that the Zetsu that we've met so far have variable forms, and the ability to speak. I'm pretty certain that they were used for giving the Rinnegan to Nagato, even though it hasn't been explicilty stated.

This last bit is really exciting as well, and it looks like we're about to get a LOT of questions answered, including Obito's more mature age during the attack on Konoha, as well as why the blow to his arm just caused it to melt away, since it's not formed strongly enough. I'm almost certain that this is what's going to lead to Madara or Obito manipulating the Mizukage.

The jury's still out on Black Zetsu though.

I'm guessing Madara is already manipulating the mist and he's orchastrating the attack.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Fuck Weekly Jump this week.

What is this? "Sad as Fuck" week?

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Okay. Knew Kakashi was going to fail at protecting Rin. Didn't think he was going to be the one to do it himself. And Minato isn't there. Anyone think Madara had a hand in orchestrating this? I'm thinking Kakashi thinks that Rin betrayed Konoha to Kiri or some such thing. That would go a long way in explaining why he killed her.

And the second most interesting line is the "guinea pigs from Kiri" line. Kiri back-story up ahead?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
That along with Madara's comments makes me almost certain that there's some devious behind-the-scenes orchestration at work. Plus, this is a clear setup for a reveal of the events from Kakashi's perspective later on.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Here we go.

We know that this involves dozens of some sort of experimental subjects from Mist who're all at Jounin or ANBU level. Said subjects are creating a number of explosions that are powerful enough to throw water high and far enough that it seems to be raining.

I have a feeling that this may be related to something with the Hozuki clan. After seeing that the Second Mizukage was capable of generating enormous explosions with his Infinite Explosions Technique. These detonations that give off massive amounts of water vapor, and even rain down hail, which is exactly what we see in the scene with Kakashi & Rin.

This is further supported by the fact that the two of them are standing on solid rock, so they wouldn't be generic explosions just tossing groundwater and debris into the air. Essentially this is a perfect explanation for the rain that's pouring down everywhere in the absence of water in the environment that they're fighting in.

Clearly, Mist would want to be able to have powerful suicide troops, or potentially even troops that (nearly) can't be killed if they're anything like real LIVING versions of Second Mizukage's Jokey Boy. This may also lead to Mist's hatred of Kekkei Genkai that eventually caused Haku to become an exile. If this is the case then this might have a minor tie in to Mangetsu & Suigetsu's origins as a later part of the same series of experiments.

If that's the situation, Kakashi and Rin might be trapped in a no-win scenario without any chance of getting backup, which MAY have lead to him deciding to kill her, although I still have a hard time believing that Kakashi would take that course of action, especially after the revelation he had about the importance of his comrades.

Regardless of the reason, I think that the details presented here give a pretty good potential frame of reference for the events beyond the initial shock that Obito (and all of us as readers are reeling from).

Now, as to how or if Madara's directly involved with this, or if he just doubts the world enough to expect Obito to return, we'll have to see, as I haven't the faintest idea at this point what strings he could be pulling in order to accomplish this. All I do know is that we've got a damn good chance of tying together some good details about Mist in the next little while, especially since we eventually have to see one of them take the Third Mizukage as a thrall.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Rin turning traitor on Konoha or Kakashi killing Rin because they're in a desperate scenario...Both of these situations seem really unlikely to me because it'd be so out of character of them.

If anything, it seems like this was a very tragic mistake, like Rin was trapped by the enemy and then used as a shield last second. (Something similar to Kawarimi, maybe?) I doubt it's an illusion since it won't work on Sharingan and all.

Goddamnit, poor Kakashi. :<

Last edited:
Top Bottom