New Advent Children Complete trailer.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Re: New Advent Children Complete trailer.

HAHA, glad to know I can share an opinion here.
Unless I disagree with it, in which case I'm going to have to sleep with the higher-ups and get you banned.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

T&J said:
If he really existed Cloud would be the least of his worries.

According to some, he really does exist, meaning you'll probably die by glomping :monster:.

Also, there will be no sleeping with higher-ups without it being preluded by n00dz.

[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=140.msg4972#msg4972 date=1230719398]
According to some, he really does exist, meaning you'll probably die by glomping :monster:.
[/quote]
Actually Yuna's page says:
Interestingly enough, despite her insane affection for pixels-and-polygons, she does not embrace the popular theory established by the otakin community that Sephiroth is "real" in some alternate universe. Instead, she insists that Sephiroth isn't real, but her love for him is so.

Also am I the only one who wants to see Yuna and Sephirothslave duke it out? I just want to put those two in a room and watch them go at it :)

All though this topic is about Advent Children I suppose. I'm glad to see a scene where Denzel takes out one of those, whateveryoucallem. I always wondered how he got back to the bar safely, but then again I always wondered why the hell Tifa and Cloud let him go back by himself. On the other hand didn't Tifa put Marlene in charge of the bar at one point in the game? Brilliant parents at work.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

[quote author=Pussgetstheboot link=topic=140.msg4981#msg4981 date=1230720630]I always wondered how he got back to the bar safely, but then again I always wondered why the hell Tifa and Cloud let him go back by himself. On the other hand didn't Tifa put Marlene in charge of the bar at one point in the game? Brilliant parents at work.
[/quote]

Agh, omg THIS.

Seriously my reaction when I first watched the film wth my friend was "wut seriosuly? Shouldn't ONE of you like... go with him or something?"

From then on, me and my friend have had quite a few lulz commenting on Cloud and Tifa's (and sometimes Barret's) parenting skills :monster:

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=Pussgetstheboot link=topic=140.msg4981#msg4981 date=1230720630]
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=140.msg4972#msg4972 date=1230719398]
[/quote]
Actually Yuna's page says:
Interestingly enough, despite her insane affection for pixels-and-polygons, she does not embrace the popular theory established by the otakin community that Sephiroth is "real" in some alternate universe. Instead, she insists that Sephiroth isn't real, but her love for him is so.

Also am I the only one who wants to see Yuna and Sephirothslave duke it out? I just want to put those two in a room and watch them go at it :)

All though this topic is about Advent Children I suppose. I'm glad to see a scene where Denzel takes out one of those, whateveryoucallem. I always wondered how he got back to the bar safely, but then again I always wondered why the hell Tifa and Cloud let him go back by himself. On the other hand didn't Tifa put Marlene in charge of the bar at one point in the game? Brilliant parents at work.
[/quote]

I don't know which one is better? Parenting skills of Tifa and Barret or loving something that isn't real and openly saying so :monster:

Well don't Christians love God? ;D (I'm sorry that was awful)

I always wanted someone to draw a comic of Tifa and Cloud leaving the bar and Tifa says, "Marlene, you're in charge" and right after they leave, some huge thugs come in.

I bet Tifa would be one of those people on Judge Judy that just gets screamed at.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

Considering they weren't parents back then,. I find that laughable.

Not to mention stupid.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

The extended Zack scene... pretty pointless. And here's hoping the same won't apply to the Rufus scene, which was already pointless. :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Nice to see good ole' Masamune again :monster:

And which scene of Rufus is pointless? Nothing's pointless with Rufus!

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

The scene with Rufus is a little stupid. He's all 'omg ur awesome' even though all Cloud accomplished was slamming the door on Reno and shoving a 8ft sword in Rude's face.

But anyway, the scene doesn't achieve anything. Okay, we know Rufus is still alive but he never explains how, and then Cloud storms off in a wangsty huff. Aaand cut.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Well the scene is pretty much to elaborate on what the deal is going on in the world. You know, Geostigma, Sephiroth, the missing head, and all. But yeah, despite your misgivings on Cloud, Rufus and the others can't deny he kicked their ass quite hard back in FFVII and it'd be better to have him helping against a bunch of poor lil' remnants :monster:

And for those who aren't nose deep in FFVII, the whole Zack scene pretty much serves as explaining what went on in FFVII and CC so those not familiar can have some idea what's going on in Cloud's head in AC. I mean, we do want this to be more of a stand alone film for more than just FFVII nerds right? :monster:

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

But Rufus DOESN'T elaborate on anything. He plays dumb about Jenova, and doesn't mention Geostigma or Sephiroth in any context (Vincent does all that later on).

Does the extended Zack scene really show anything more than the original flashback? It just looks like fanservice to me. The movie was created for the fans. There's too much exposition and backstory to fill in otherwise.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Well he will now in the ACC trailer. ^_~ I'm pretty sure he won't just be saying the same thing.

He hints at what Kadaj is after and the "imminent occasion" he's preparing for. (i.e. The Reunion) So I'm sure he'll have more worthwhile things to say in this than before.

Also, the extended scene shows a bit more than the flashback, in fact it shows a new thing that weren't shown in the flashback *or* Crisis Core. I mean, yeah, its fanservice but for those who have no idea what it is, it kinda explains why Cloud's moping around his best friend's grave.

And yeah, there's a lot of backstory to fill but I think they're ballsing up and trying to do it. I mean, they're even showing us the birth of those three remnants.

The AC team couldn't really decide whether this movie (the version we now have) would be for FFVII fans or not. At least that's the feeling I get. In interviews they stated that the movie was made for FFVII fans, and yet they TRY to explain many things in the movie. The movie ends up in a limbo concerning which audience it is directed towards.

I never saw the Rufus-Cloud seen as fully pointless. Rufus manages to convince Cloud that protecting him will in turn help restore the world (because he claims Shinra is helping the world, which is sorta true at least in DoC) and in turn protect the children. Cloud is desperate to find someone, besides himself, to help the people around him and so he ALMOST bends to the will of the Satan/Rufus.
But yes the scene is silly, especially with Rufus commenting Cloud's "SOLDIER-skills" which only consisted of two quick reflexes (avoiding Reno and surprising Rude).

I like that ACC will apparently be understandible for a wider audience, but the sad thing is that most who ever will see the movie already has. But redeeming or not, I will buy ACC when it comes out. Why? Because I happen to have an HD-TV! Buying a blu-ray player will not feel so pointless now.

Oh, one thing I would like to see is Reno and/or Rude actually using their Electric Rods. *zap*

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Even though I've seen it already, the fact they're taking new directions with scenes and the premise of actually fleshing out the story instead of leaving us to use our FFVII knowledge to figure things out, makes me excited to see it again.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

I wanna see them shooting fireballs out of their rods. :monster:
Or the pyramid attack that captures people. :monster:

[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=140.msg5216#msg5216 date=1230848405]
I wanna see them shooting fireballs out of their rods. :monster:
[/quote]
Fireballs with status ailments! Slow, poison, sleep, silence, anything! And as a result numbers magically appear above the victim's head.

Someone should edit the whole movie and show the Levels and HP of every character and being. Nomura already stated that except for Cloud, the whole team is Level 99. Reno and Rude were lower, can't recall if it was around 60 or so... Cloud on the other hand is above Level 99. Is there actually any official material stating this, or was it all just from an interview?

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa

[quote author=Shademp link=topic=140.msg5213#msg5213 date=1230847765]I never saw the Rufus-Cloud seen as fully pointless. Rufus manages to convince Cloud that protecting him will in turn help restore the world (because he claims Shinra is helping the world, which is sorta true at least in DoC) and in turn protect the children. Cloud is desperate to find someone, besides himself, to help the people around him and so he ALMOST bends to the will of the Satan/Rufus.[/quote]

I have to disagree there. Every scene counts and must be maximized to its full potential. The Rufus scene didn't have a bottom-line. He tries to coax Cloud with a few half-truths, then Cloud storms off. That doesn't further the plot AT ALL.

Now if Rufus does actually explain to Cloud what's going on, then yes it will have served a genuine purpose. It's just too bad they had to wait a few years before realizing this.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

That's when I'd just turn my Blu Ray player off. XDDD

What I think is great about ACC is that they seem to be using each scene to its full potential now.

Like the beginning of the movie in the Northern Cave. Instead of just us hearing and having to figure out and guess whats going on, they're SHOWING us what happened, and WHAT the remnants are.

Instead of just having that Rufus scene show us Rufus is alive and stuff, they actually use him to explain to us the state of the world AND what the antagonists of the film are trying to do, and what they're talking about.

It's like adding more meat and food to somewhat light plate. Which is good :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

[quote author=Masamune link=topic=140.msg5219#msg5219 date=1230848867]
[quote author=Shademp link=topic=140.msg5213#msg5213 date=1230847765]I never saw the Rufus-Cloud seen as fully pointless. Rufus manages to convince Cloud that protecting him will in turn help restore the world (because he claims Shinra is helping the world, which is sorta true at least in DoC) and in turn protect the children. Cloud is desperate to find someone, besides himself, to help the people around him and so he ALMOST bends to the will of the Satan/Rufus.[/quote]

I have to disagree there. Every scene counts and must be maximized to its full potential. The Rufus scene didn't have a bottom-line. He tries to coax Cloud with a few half-truths, then Cloud storms off. That doesn't further the plot AT ALL.

Now if Rufus does actually explain to Cloud what's going on, then yes it will have served a genuine purpose. It's just too bad they had to wait a few years before realizing this.
[/quote]

It DOES have a bottom-line. It's "LOL Rufus is still alive, rejoice fangirls".

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=Masamune link=topic=140.msg5204#msg5204 date=1230846204]
The scene with Rufus is a little stupid. He's all 'omg ur awesome' even though all Cloud accomplished was slamming the door on Reno and shoving a 8ft sword in Rude's face.

But anyway, the scene doesn't achieve anything. Okay, we know Rufus is still alive but he never explains how, and then Cloud storms off in a wangsty huff. Aaand cut.
[/quote]

Well at least in ACC he says soming about Sephy coming back! Or at least that's what the translations says.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D

Wich brings another question...

How the hell does Rufus knows about Sephiroth's spirit and such?

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=140.msg5221#msg5221 date=1230849063]It DOES have a bottom-line. It's "LOL Rufus is still alive, rejoice fangirls".[/quote]

Yeah, just like the shirtless SHM scene is total fan(girl)-service. ;D

[quote author=Dark and Divine link=topic=140.msg5252#msg5252 date=1230866715]How the hell does Rufus knows about Sephiroth's spirit and such?
[/quote]

Good question. I always thought that - hmmmm... still good question. Unless between the Northern Crater scene and the scene where Rufus is talking to Cloud, that is when Vincent saved Tseng and Elena and they in turn contacted Rufus with all details. Still doesn't answer how he knows about Sephiroth's spirit, unless during torture, one device was the SHM talked a lot. :duhard:

[quote author=looneymoon link=topic=140.msg5138#msg5138 date=1230788210]Seriously my reaction when I first watched the film wth my friend was "wut seriosuly? Shouldn't ONE of you like... go with him or something?"

From then on, me and my friend have had quite a few lulz commenting on Cloud and Tifa's (and sometimes Barret's) parenting skills[/quote]

True, but then again we have to remember, different culture, different situations, different attitudes... I mean, yeah, to us, it's really odd and/or stupid to leave a four year old in charge of a bar... As for Denzel walking home/running home alone, again it would seem odd - with strange dog like creatures devouring people (or at least ripping them up, dragging them about, what-have-you) - but perhaps the creatures were staying in a relatively central area... ? I have no clue, I agree - it's strange; then again, for me, I wouldn't be mother of the year. :P (No, I wouldn't let a young child run a bar! Though, I may let him/her walk home alone.)

Top Bottom