New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Frankly speaking, when it comes to gaming, Nostalgia is subjective.

Any "good experience" from a game can be considered nostalgia. If Warrior of Light becomes a better character than he was in the first FF, hey, that's a bonus.

I think it's more important to think about how good the game will be, not how good the games were that it's based on and referencing.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
http://automaton.am/articles/news-bits/dissidia-interview-2/
——I can’t help but be curious about the order in which characters will be added once the game is officially live.
Kujiraoka:
We’ve already got a list of 50 characters for development. We’ve got a range of characters that cover both long- and close-range fighters; we’re planning to add them so as not to upset game balance. We’re also taking into consideration the fact that if we just looked at which characters are most popular, things would end up one-sided.
——Seeing as Team Ninja is involved in development can we expect to see any Dead or Alive characters joining the fight?
Hayashi:
I don’t think that’s something Dissidia fans are really looking for. Our role in this is project is to bring our development know-how and technical understanding to the table.
And we’d imagine even after creating 50 characters they’ll still be characters we’ll want to add [from the Final Fantasy games]—it’s a series with a history [to drawn upon]. So we aren’t thinking about including DOA characters.
And keep in mind Kujiraoka is strict about which characters we can introduce—even with that 50 character quota there’s many [from the Final Fantasy games] that we want to include for which he won’t give the green light.
Kujiraoka:
Yeah. Even 50 characters feels too low a number.
Hayashi:
It might sound a bit strange to say this given we only have six characters at the moment but I want to create even more [than 50].
——I was worried that it would be hard to tell players apart if there all 6 of them were the same character.
Kujiraoka:
We’re discussing color variations in response to that scenario. I don’t think they’ll be a pink-haired Cloud, though. [Laughs] We could also put in some kind of effect to avoid confusion.

Splintered

unsavory tart
We’re discussing color variations in response to that scenario. I don’t think they’ll be a pink-haired Cloud, though. [Laughs] We could also put in some kind of effect to avoid confusion.
Cloud in Wall Street dress or bust.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Interesting how they just said "Color variants" and not alts...

I'd have hoped they would do away with these tbh, the most boring and basic of alts.

Lightning-AltEXMode.png

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Interesting how they just said "Color variants" and not alts...

I'd have hoped they would do away with these tbh, the most boring and basic of alts.

It might just be palette swaps for the arcade but a full console version would actually get alts.

Nothing really to base that on, of course, except that I would imagine a console version would have a lot of features that an arcade version lacked.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
that producer guy on the right has some awesome hair

squall's new ex skill is to draw magic from an enemy and junction it to raise your stats (what stats it raises depends on the character type of who you draw from, like 'speed' or 'heavy'), and they've added the ability to press r to do more damage like in original ffviii

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I am an adult. I pay bills and do adult like life things.

But I'll be damned if I don't laugh like an infantile idiot at the name Butz everytime.

Heh. Butt.

I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW HE PREFERS THE NAME BUTZTHOLOMEW KLAUSER!

:nope:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Q3/Q4 is the only estimate we've gotten so far, with a PS4 version hitting much much later.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
At first I was just "It's a Japan-only arcade game, meh...." But then I read that article and saw "A PS4 title is in consideration"

:what:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
This is good news. I knew Tidus would return and I was expecting them to announce him sooner or later, so, I'm not surprised, but it's nice that they're bringing back the characters from the first two games.

Wish they could add Auron, Rikku, Zack, Vincent, Yuffie, Paine, Genesis, Rinoa, Irvine and Zell, though.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
*clutches heart @ new Dissidia trailer*

Wish they could add Auron, Rikku, Zack, Vincent, Yuffie, Paine, Genesis, Rinoa, Irvine and Zell, though.

I'd rather not, at half of these choices unless there's more villains for Chaos's side/ half of them are on Chaos's side. (Like Vincent I could see being a Warrior of Chaos.)

Top Bottom