New Dissidia Arcade Game (NT)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
So has there been no mention of the villains yet for this new Dissidia game? Also like that they're finally including all the main characters (Vaan I'm looking at you).
And if this is just going to be an arcade game for now, is there going to be a story, or is it just like a super gorgeous fighting game with the main characters?

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I think I read they want to focus on the gameplay for the time being. But I can absolutely see the arcade game having a little bit of a story which would/could be expanded if the game really does get to PS4.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Man this is a let down, no Warrior of Chaos is out at all and I was so eager to see Jecht return. :/

edit: still a gorgeous game though, especially Shiva <3

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I ended up downloading the trailer so that I could rewatch who's fighting who like a million times. (Is that Narshe burning I see in the distance in the snowy mountains they're fighting in? I approve!)

So far:

WoL VS Onion Knight
Lightning VS Tidus
Firion VS Shantotto
Squall VS Vaan
Bartz VS Terra
Zidane VS Cecil
Cloud VS Yshtola

(and then it loops back around to Onion Knight VS WoL)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Yeah, I really like the stages showed; the snowy one looks like it's near Narshe, and seeing Meteor was sweet.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
It does look like Narshe :)

Final-Fantasy-Dissidia033.jpg

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I do believe that those are the Snowy Mountains of Narshe, the Underground Core of the Moon (if all those crystal steps are what I think they are). And the summons appear to be 'amalgamations' of what we've seen over the years of Shiva, Ramuh, and Ifrit.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
MY GOD YES!

*spends the next hour cropping images of Warrior of Light*

...why, yes, I do have a life...I think. xD

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
*clutches heart @ new Dissidia trailer* I'd rather not, at half of these choices unless there's more villains for Chaos's side/ half of them are on Chaos's side. (Like Vincent I could see being a Warrior of Chaos.)

Genesis was a villian in Crisis Core. Besides, I'm pretty sure they'll add villians again for the upcoming game. I wouldn't want Vincent to be the side of Chaos, though. Weiss or Rosso are more likely.

Maybe Seifer and Shuyin as well. Don't know who'll be the villian from FFXIV would be, but I doubt those darkness guys, Ascians or something, will appear, though they'd make a good choice as a side of Chaos since they have an evil god as well.

If Nomura had the guts, Elfe and Shears from Before Crisis, Caius from FFXIII-2, and uh Quator Basher from Type-0(I seem to like him for some reason, he's impressively a good villian) too.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Genesis was a villian in Crisis Core.

I wouldn't want Vincent to be the side of Chaos, though. Weiss or Rosso are more likely.

Yes, I know that Genesis is a villain and personally, I would think it would be more interesting if Vincent was a warrior of Chaos (cause of Chaos) and if Genesis was a warrior of Cosmos (due to his fascination with Goddesses and rivalry with Sephiroth, who is on Chaos's side) because I think that having heroes on the side of Cosmos and villains for Chaos to be kinda cliche, obvious and boring from a storytelling point of view.

Duodecim had the potential to be interesting when Cloud, Terra and Tidus were warriors of Chaos.

But given that this is just the arcade version, I'm just content with having heroes vs villains and would rather prefer that they don't add in any more characters aside from the obligatory hero/villain rep of each game. It would feel unbalanced.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I doubt we'll get villain reps for XII and XIII before we get characters like Vincent.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Why not? Gabranth has been in both previous Dissidia titles, for one. I highly doubt they are going to avoid including villains (how could you NOT have Sephiroth) so they'd have no reason not to include him again. So far they've only shown one hero per title so we may not even get additional 'good' characters this time and if they did I'd bet they'd take Tifa again over Vincent.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
^ I find that funny, considering you have Gabby as your sig image... XD

I wonder who would be the villain rep of XI. I have never touched any of the MMOs, so. :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I found it funny that they included Gabranth before Vaan. :wacky: They should've made it Gabranth and Basch to get that twin brothers on opposite sides going on. Er wait, that already sort of exists, never mind. :monster:

Buuuut I like thinking of extra characters for the game. If one character for both the Cosmos and Chaos side from each game could be added to the roster, what characters would people like to see? Only two extra characters from each game, no "The whole cast of VII!" answers. :awesome:
Speaking of VII though, I'd like to see Genesis get shoved in as the villain and have Sephiroth be on Cosmos's side.
Like that'll ever happen.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'd love for there to be a Cosmos Vivi and Chaos Beatrix. I'd also wanna play as Rikku and maybe even see Seymour added as a villain.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'd love for there to be a Cosmos Vivi and Chaos Beatrix. I'd also wanna play as Rikku and maybe even see Seymour added as a villain.

I wish Seymour had been the original villain in a way. I know Jecht has that personal relationship with Tidus so it turned out good, but I'd love to see Seymour come into play as another villain for Chaos. Rikku would be fun, but so would Auron or Kimahri.

I'd like to see a Chaos Seifer and maybe a Chaos Yaag from XIII (since there's no XIII villain yet in the games and Barthandulus... won't work :wacky:)

Top Bottom