New year, New LTD thread. (Round 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
BZZZZT. No. Try again.
Yeah i should have remembered how tifa told aerith to step off her man, told cloud how much she loved him, and they pranced off into the sunset with rainbows and big fuck you aerith signs

i cannot believe i forgot that part of the game

Again, yes, it ended up Cloud and Tifa, but had Zack lived can you honestly say Aerith would have given two shits about Cloud? Again, yes, Cloud and Tifa, but if Sephiroth had remained Aerith's first love like the creators wanted, can you honestly say he would have killed her? Again, yes, Cloud and Tifa, but if President Shinra hadn't been cur down, can you honestly say they would have even launched a shuttle or fired a Sister Ray? Pointless counterarguments to pointless arguments are, well, pointless.

**yawn**

I see I've missed absolutely nothing since I've been gone. Good to know.

Also, I'm heading back offline again, so the tandem teamwork headed my way won't be read. At least not immediately. But, if it makes ya feel better, you can imagine me frothing in fury and totally flummoxed at the witty and nonsensical rebuttals that are sure to come this way. The limited amount of fuck I still give on this debate is mostly for my own amusement, so amuse me.

dis argument originally came from winta sayin that clerith would have totally happened had she lived.

and people will argue aerith was over zack and wouldn't have given much of a shit if he had come back anyways.

and again not sayin clotay ain't canon, bit it is hilarious how many people start claimin that im sayin strawman like 'highwind scene is TOTALLY FRIENDSHIP' and watnot when i know clotay is canon and it's one of my favorite pairs.

i just hate when people are like 'NO WAY CLOUD ONLY LOVED AERITH AERITH ONLY REALLY LOVED ZACK AND NO ONE WAS EVER LAID IN FF7'. cause come on, these are 20 year olds are you telling me they never had sex NEVER EVER cause thats just silly

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Oh, I missed another drama moment? The same people going on about how bad this thread is and pointless and hat we should really just quit picking on CxA now?

0/10

I believe Aerith wouldn't have stood a chance BECAUSE few days after she dies, Cloud and Tifa confess to each other, have sex AND start a new life together. I don't believe that if Cloud had any romantic feelings towards Aerith he would have done so. I don't believe in jackass!Cloud, sorry. This is not the Cloud I see in the compilation - although I do see him as stupid sometimes, he's not a jerk, thank you. If he was, he could have ended up alone.

You seriously wishes for a guy who loves you to go and live with your love rival a few days after your death? I don't believe in such things. If Cloud did all of that, it was because Aerith's death didn't hinder the romantic feelings he had for Tifa.

And even if Aerith had lived, what could have she done? She STILL wouldn't have been able to help him during the Lifestream scene, which is the TURNING POINT of FFVII. Starting there, true!Cloud shows, him, his awkwardness, his shyness, his love for Tifa... and you cannot control his "feelings" anymore. The only difference would be that she would have been there for the Highwind sequence so they wouldn't have been able to have sex, obviously. For the rest? Pretty much the same, no? The only one whose actions/thoughts count would still be Tifa. Can you imagine the man you love saying this to another girl while he's losing himself, literally? I know that, as a woman, I wouldn't like it. At all.

>highwind sex
>loving two people makes one a jackass
>making definitive statements based on a hypothetical plot change
>implying aeris living wouldn't drastically change the plot and there would even be a lifestream scene
>implying a cetra couldn't manipulate the lifestream anyway
>realizing this post is dead serious

2nbdcnr.gif

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Oh, I missed another drama moment? The same people going on about how bad this thread is and pointless and hat we should really just quit picking on CxA now?
Actually no one said this.

On topic:

A lot of Clotis consider the Highwind scene the big Cloti moment, but for me the big moment is the lifestream event. Had that not happened and had Aerith had lived, sure she'd have a chance. But if Aerith had lived and the Lifestream Event happened... I don't think she would have had much of a chance. It's at that moment when Cloud and Tifa realize how important they are to one another. It's at that moment that Cloud realizes he still has feelings for Tifa and vice versa. So I think that's the clincher for me.

Don't really care about anything else tbh :monster:

Last edited:

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
>make joke
>suddenly EVERYBODY MAD

Eerie said:
You seriously wishes for a guy who loves you to go and live with your love rival a few days after your death? I don't believe in such things. If Cloud did all of that, it was because Aerith's death didn't hinder the romantic feelings he had for Tifa.
Love rival? All of them were a lot of things to each other, including friends. Cloud and Tifa were longtime friends and both of them cared about Aerith very much. Cloud's not a gigantic asshole if he had feelings for both of them. You guys act like this never happens unless you're a bad person, holy shit. It's more complicated than that.

Eerie said:
And even if Aerith had lived, what could have she done? She STILL wouldn't have been able to help him during the Lifestream scene, which is the TURNING POINT of FFVII. Starting there, true!Cloud shows, him, his awkwardness, his shyness, his love for Tifa... and you cannot control his "feelings" anymore. The only difference would be that she would have been there for the Highwind sequence so they wouldn't have been able to have sex, obviously. For the rest? Pretty much the same, no? The only one whose actions/thoughts count would still be Tifa. Can you imagine the man you love saying this to another girl while he's losing himself, literally?
Haha what, the romantic subplot is the "turning point" of FFVII? Are you shitting me? Tifa and Cloud's relationship is a fucking miniscule part of the bigger picture as far as the story of FFVII is concerned. I would say the turning point is the death of Aerith, and it's not even because of her relationship with Cloud, it has more to do with the fact that Sephiroth had offed his final roadblock. but w/e I guess shippers gonna ship

Besides, it's not like nobody could possibly ever understand Cloud other than Tifa. You think Aerith couldn't have helped him? Hell, at the beginning of the game Tifa wasn't even that much closer to Cloud than Aerith was. It's like Zee and Aki said, it's pretty pointless to argue hypothetical situations.

also I can't believe 9 people actually agreed, I ought to slap all of you

Vendel said:
So what would be the significance of SE ignoring all the rules of physics and logic? Did they really go through all the trouble of inventing an excuse to get Cloud and Tifa alone together under the HW in nearly impossible circumstances just so we can have a meaningless scene where they confirm friendship?
yeah because SE is usually really good at following the rules of physics and logic

OWD said:
Izj0i.png

oh please do go on

Chun-Li said:
BZZZZT. No. Try again.
love how you elaborated on that, bro. You make a really valid point and I totally understand where you're coming from.

Chun-Li said:
Also, I'm heading back offline again, so the tandem teamwork headed my way won't be read. At least not immediately. But, if it makes ya feel better, you can imagine me frothing in fury and totally flummoxed at the witty and nonsensical rebuttals that are sure to come this way. The limited amount of fuck I still give on this debate is mostly for my own amusement, so amuse me.
HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME I HAVE SUCH A REALLY BUSY LIFE AND I AM SO MUCH COOLER THAN YOU AND TOTALLY NOT A BUTTHURT SHIPPER LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS THREAD. IN FACT I CARE SO LITTLE LET ME TYPE AN ENTIRE PARAGRAPH ABOUT IT HURP I AM JUST SO GREAT

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
A lot of Clotis consider the Highwind scene the big Cloti moment, but for me the big moment is the lifestream event. Had that not happened and had Aerith had lived, sure she'd have a chance.
The lifestream scene is where Cloud's motivation for joining Soldier, his insecurities and his Edward stalker behavior were revealed. It's where we, as the audience, and Cloud find and get to see ALL of Cloud. And this is all inextricably tied to Tifa because she was such an important person for him from very early on. For example, it is with her that his "failures" begin. She is the first person he cares for that he doesn't get to save (Tifa falls into a coma).

So the lifestream sequence is not just a big C/T moment. It cannot be taken away, and then have Aeris and Cloud be. To alter it would be to fundamentally alter the character.

Sure, if Cloud were not Cloud Aeris would have a chance.

Anyway, I'm not trying to discourage 'what if' conversations. I'm just saying that in order for Aeris and Cloud to be plausible, Cloud's entire background and his relationship with Tifa would have to be rewritten. Not just take-this-scene-away and then everything points to C/A.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Haha what, the romantic subplot is the "turning point" of FFVII? Are you shitting me? Tifa and Cloud's relationship is a fucking miniscule part of the bigger picture as far as the story of FFVII is concerned. I would say the turning point is the death of Aerith, and it's not even because of her relationship with Cloud, it has more to do with the fact that Sephiroth had offed his final roadblock. but w/e I guess shippers gonna ship

Besides, it's not like nobody could possibly ever understand Cloud other than Tifa. You think Aerith couldn't have helped him? Hell, at the beginning of the game Tifa wasn't even that much closer to Cloud than Aerith was. It's like Zee and Aki said, it's pretty pointless to argue hypothetical situations.

2vc973n.gif

honestly cloud is not even that complicated. within the first half hour of the game i saw through his badass soldier routine and i was like ten.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Love rival? All of them were a lot of things to each other, including friends. Cloud and Tifa were longtime friends and both of them cared about Aerith very much. Cloud's not a gigantic asshole if he had feelings for both of them. You guys act like this never happens unless you're a bad person, holy shit. It's more complicated than that.
I agree with this but I think this was in reference to Tifa being called Aerith's love rival in the U10.

Also I think what some people are forgetting here is how messed up Cloud was. Yeah his feelings took a huge turn but that's because of the Lifestream Event. Without that, Cloud might have never been wholly himself again.

I believe Cloud could have been developing feelings for Aerith, but I don't think that Cloud moving on with Tifa makes him a bad person or anything. Cloud went though a whole hell of a lot after Aerith's death, including becoming poisoned and the Lifestream Event... I don't think you can just play that down. Had he been really srs bsns getting married with Aerith and then right after he died he was srs bsns groping Tifa the next night with no explanation, yeah he'd be an ass. But, given the circumstances, I don't find Cloud to be a bad person at all for how it played out.

First off I believe she meant as far as the romantic subplot goes, the Lifestream Event is the turning point. Not the entire game...although, tbh I think the Lifestream Event IS the turning point of the game, but not just for the Cloti stuff. It's when Cloud becomes Cloud. IMO that's imporant :monster:

Also Dismantled:
Dismantled on Tifa's profile said:
When Cloud and Aerith exclude Tifa, her emotion is sometimes becoming of jealousy. There seems to be complicated feelings that exceed mere childhood friends toward Cloud. In the second half of the story, her tone becomes more feminine. The event in the Forgotten City was the turning point. She began to face her own feelings honestly.
So you're not completely off, that was a huge event for Tifa to become more open.

@ OneWingedDemon
I mostly agree with you but as you said the Lifestream Event made Cloud back into Cloud and without that, who knows how the story could have panned out? We could have had a completely different Cloud on our hands. IN that case, it's entirely possible that he might have ended up with Aerith.

butthurt elitists and e-peen strokers, it's just shocking that some of you come from 4chan or lj.
I can't tell if this is a joke or not :(

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Zee, Winter, Tres just made a post about not doing exactly what you're doing right now.

And you know what? It really, really comes off as defensive posturing. You read like you are feeling threatened and have to act big in order to save face. It's really rather silly from where I sit.

Oh, and this?
Azula said:
>make joke
>suddenly EVERYBODY MAD

Is the height of Irony.
Cut the spam, ladies. That's your warning.

Vendel

Banned
Anyways. The point I was making about the HW scene is this. It doesn't matter how many versions there are or what is said in them. The fact that SE went through all the trouble to have C/T alone in this iconic moment tells you what kind of scene it is.

Anything less would not have required disbanding the entire party and crew for a day under impossible circumstances.

Alone under the HW? Fade to black? Laying on each other? Without words indeed.

Isabella

Your Mom
So, um, is Tres gonna spank me if I come in here and don't talk LTD stuff which I really don't give a poop about anymore? 'Cause sometimes I miss you silly fools and want to come in and say hi and stuff.
:sadpanda:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
So, um, is Tres gonna spank me if I come in here and don't talk LTD stuff which I really don't give a poop about anymore? 'Cause sometimes I miss you silly fools and want to come in and say hi and stuff.

I think the more important question is, can we watch if he does?

I think the lack of respect was the real problem. Being goofy every so often is bound to happen. At least I think so... and we miss you too :joy:

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
It's really strange on how a forum filled with Clotis that there's agruements, drama and debates. You would think that everything would be agreed on straight away because they all support the same pairing group.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
1. Not everyone is Cloti.
2. We agree on a Cloti conclusion, but how it got there and whether or not Cloud like Aerith and so on is another story.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
i feel the most hilarious thing about all of this is that i am cloti, i am just willing to entertain a clerith thought.

OMGBLASPHEMYYYYYY

also ryu you always read leik that when you suddenly start using big words so you seem smarter than your opponent. its called proof by verbosity bro, and its a fallacy.

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Zee, Winter, Tres just made a post about not doing exactly what you're doing right now.

And you know what? It really, really comes off as defensive posturing. You read like you are feeling threatened and have to act big in order to save face. It's really rather silly from where I sit.

Ok, what the flying fuck at this comment seriously. IDEK MAN.

It's 7am and I haven't slept since yesterday night so this post may or may not just end up being me saying words. So I apologize in advance for that.

1) The conversation while, admittedly bitchy, was on topic. Or at least 90% more on topic than what this thread usually is. In fact, it was Quex who brought up the Cleris/Cloti smacktalk stuff (and I mean that with NO disrespect to Quex whatsoever. I actually quite like Quex) so I really don't even know what is up with that first sentence. Way to single out bro.

2) Even if you are warning for the general bitchy route the thread is going, I don't see how anything Zee/winter says is any better/worse than:

OWD said:

TLS has lots of other threads. You're welcome to explore them instead of this one :)

Aki said:
BLUH BLUH

Chun-Li said:
BZZZZT. No. Try again.

**yawn**

crack said:
butthurt elitists and e-peen strokers, it's just shocking that some of you come from 4chan or lj.

Once again: way to single out bro.

3) Defensive and posturing? Really? Winter makes a joke post, and suddenly it turns into a total srsbznss wanky discussion. The fact that post was taken with even the tiniest shred of seriousness - THAT seems defensive and posturing if anything. Are you people really that humourless? Is the LTD really that much srsbznss? Of course winter is my friend so obviously I'm more inclined to defend her. Still, I'm willing to admit she didn't exactly help in subverting the general bitchiness of the thread. ONCE AGAIN, WAY TO SINGLE OUT BRO.

Jesus H. Dicks, if you're going to attempt to mod (MODDING ON TLS!?) this place at least try and do a decent job of it. Though personally I would deem Ryu unfit to mod this particular thread since it's pretty apparent he has some extreme sentiments regarding it.

THIS IS THE PART OF THE POST WHERE I GO ON TOPIC GAIZ

Basically Aki said it best when we were discussing it over MSN. Basically the annoying issue I have with a lot of the opinions regarding this thread is that you're all so obsessed with the canon you can't stretch your minds to consider any other slight possibility.

Encyclopedic knowledge of the canon does not exibit any sort of depth of understanding of the source work. In fact, I'd say that's probably the most shallow way of viewing things.

Not really commenting on any of the specific opinions expressed here. Just the general attitude.

and just because I can

tumblr_ldjn0c2Uxe1qepfj1o1_500.gif

Last edited:

Tir McDohl

rune bearer
AKA
Yula
Encyclopedic knowledge of the canon does not exibit any sort of depth of understanding of the source work.

And the opposite behavior does?

Not really commenting on any of the specific opinions expressed here. Just the general attitude.

I would like it if both "sides" here could be generally more considerate of each other. I mean, it's not like I think that people should be walking on eggshells and kissing asses, but if trouble keeps coming up like this then everyone should cool it a little.

It's not srs business, no, but there needs to be a balance between lighthearted responses and just mocking each other. Which just makes things worse.

I've been trying since I started posting to be polite and respond seriously to other people. That's all I can do personally.

Anyway just having this thread, whether it's called debate or discussion, doesn't seem the greatest idea. It just puts people in the wrong mindset from the get-go.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I just had an interesting thought. Now I know we shouldn't think about logistics too much. BUT it makes no sense that everyone during the HighWind scene was able to get to wherever they went and then back by the next day without the HW.

It just makes no damn sense.

So what would be the significance of SE ignoring all the rules of physics and logic? Did they really go through all the trouble of inventing an excuse to get Cloud and Tifa alone together under the HW in nearly impossible circumstances just so we can have a meaningless scene where they confirm friendship?

They had to be alone for that? With the HW floating in the background?

Well, that could be a good point, but more likely is yet another example of the geographical oddity that is Anywhere, Gaia. Look at how quickly the Reunion Files said Cloud traveled from Edge to the City of the Ancients, after all (he and Tifa were said to have woken up at 5:30 p.m. and he's supposed to have gotten there at 9:30 p.m. -- and the book still said "he sure took his time"!).

In any case, your follow-up post is solid, and I completely agree. :monster:

>highwind sex
>loving two people makes one a jackass
>making definitive statements based on a hypothetical plot change
>implying aeris living wouldn't drastically change the plot and there would even be a lifestream scene

Loving two people doesn't necessarily make one a jackass, no, nor would what went on between he and Tifa under the Highwind even if he did, but the comments he made to her on the Highwind at the time Meteor was stopped in Case of Tifa would point to moving on in a callously quick fashion if there had been an equal interest in pursuing the deceased party.

I agree with you and FHS about the silliness of making definitive statements concerning hypothetical plot changes, though. There's few statements that can be made so assuredly.

In order for Aerith to have lived, Sephiroth would have needed to be put down right then at the City of the Ancients, and -- given that his main body was far away, and he still had other parts of JENOVA available -- that wasn't possible.

Once Seph decided that Aerith was going to die, she was going to die. She only lived as long as she did because he wanted to make Cloud kill her -- but he proved quite summarily that he was more than capable of killing her himself when that failed.

I know people have disagreed with me before when I suggested that Sephiroth could have killed anyone in the party at any time he wanted to, but as if Aerith's actual death didn't prove that enough, I think how he manhandled the party in the Whirlwhind Maze should. Even in a combat zone, with the team on alert, he was able to trick one of them (Barret or Red XIII, player's choice) into believing he was Tifa, and did so while simultaneously knocking four other members of the team unconscious (notice that he left them unconscious, but didn't kill them -- even though he easily could have).

Anyway, point being, in order for Aerith to have lived, the threat would have needed to end no later than the time Seph was trying to kill her there in the City of the Ancients. And if that had happened somehow, there would have been no Lifestream sequence, no Highwind scene, and a lot of other things wouldn't have happened; mainly, Cloud wouldn't have been restored to his original self, and who knows what that would have entailed for his romantic inclinations, as well as Tifa's own ability to state her feelings (Tifa's shyness may have been further complicated by Aerith's ongoing presence).

I'm not sure I understood the point you were making with your first bullet point on the list, by the way.

Zee said:
>implying a cetra couldn't manipulate the lifestream anyway

Between her powers and ability to perceive that something was wrong with Cloud, maybe she would have been able to help him if she'd fallen into the Lifestream with him instead (certainly she could have if the plot demanded it), but I think OWD makes a reasonable point that it doesn't seem as likely since she doesn't have any memories of the Nibelheim massacre to fact check against Cloud's distorted memories.

Of course, if she found Zack's memories in the Lifestream or woke his spirit up, that would probably do the trick.

The lifestream scene is where Cloud's motivation for joining Soldier, his insecurities and his Edward stalker behavior were revealed. It's where we, as the audience, and Cloud find and get to see ALL of Cloud. And this is all inextricably tied to Tifa because she was such an important person for him from very early on. For example, it is with her that his "failures" begin. She is the first person he cares for that he doesn't get to save (Tifa falls into a coma).

So the lifestream sequence is not just a big C/T moment. It cannot be taken away, and then have Aeris and Cloud be. To alter it would be to fundamentally alter the character.

Sure, if Cloud were not Cloud Aeris would have a chance.

Anyway, I'm not trying to discourage 'what if' conversations. I'm just saying that in order for Aeris and Cloud to be plausible, Cloud's entire background and his relationship with Tifa would have to be rewritten. Not just take-this-scene-away and then everything points to C/A.

Without the Lifestream sequence, Cloud wouldn't be Cloud, though.

Chun-Li said:
but let's be honest, a main reason WHY tifa even shone was because aerith died.

BZZZZT. No. Try again.

Actually, Aki's right. Read her very next line after the one you quoted: "She tended to stand back when it came to aerith being upfront with her feelings while tifa had a hard time saying how exactly she felt."

It's not unreasonable to think that part of the reason Tifa could never get her feelings out while Aerith was alive is that she couldn't work up her courage between moments of Aerith's straightforward flirting. In addition to the quote Que posted from the Kaitai Shinsho book, even the 10th Anniversary Ultimania mentions how seeing Aerith and Cloud interact had an effect on Tifa: "Seeing Cloud and Aerith developing their world together before her eyes, she inadvertently lets slip her peevish feelings."

That "EXCUSE me" line was the only time she openly reacted to it, so it's like she got less courageous as time went on, until after Aerith died.

Haha what, the romantic subplot is the "turning point" of FFVII? Are you shitting me?

I think Eerie's point is that its the scene where everything becomes clear to the player of the game. The largest mystery of the game is answered, and Cloud's true personality is restored. A lot of people see that part of the game as the turning point for those reasons.

Azula said:
I would say the turning point is the death of Aerith, and it's not even because of her relationship with Cloud, it has more to do with the fact that Sephiroth had offed his final roadblock. but w/e I guess shippers gonna ship

You wouldn't know that Seph had apparently removed his final roadblock until you learn about Holy, though, so it's really only on a second look that you would consider that added relevance. It's still a major turning point in the game, though, I agree, and as significant to the overall plot.

Zee said:
>realizing this post is dead serious

2nbdcnr.gif

TLS has lots of other threads. You're welcome to explore them instead of this one :)

I see I've missed absolutely nothing since I've been gone. Good to know.

You know, peeps, we did lift that rule that you have to mock people you disagree with. :awesome:

For accuracy's sake, though, OWD, as Que mentioned, no one said anything about not picking on CxA.

In fairness, they're not the only ones doing it (see above in my post, as well as looney's; see also the last part of this post). Also, they're not spamming as long as their posts contain points relevant to the topic at hand/the comments of whoever they're responding to, which they do.

Not at all what she was saying. She's just making the point that it's not a very valuable understanding of the characters and their situations to stop analyzing them at a laundry list of what went down.

People are who they are largely because of what they've experienced. Experiences change, the resultant individual may be different as a result -- and given how thoroughly explored and devleoped FFVII's characters are by virtue of their experiences, the notion of "what if" is very rich indeed.

Yula said:
Anyway just having this thread, whether it's called debate or discussion, doesn't seem the greatest idea. It just puts people in the wrong mindset from the get-go.

It does, and it will be my crowning achievement in life in this fandom if I can get everybody here to approach the discussion with swords sheathed.

Like Que said, a little silliness is expected, normal and fine. Being civil was the primary issue.

And to whether I'm going to spank you, the answer is, with no caveat, "as soon as I get the chance." :monster:

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

Well everyone here has played the game and are at least familiar with the main parts with the compilation. No one here is denying CloTi as canon so I really don't get what this comment is directed at.

And really, knowing the canon is only the first step to getting really into the meat of something. Honestly I'd think someone who has played the game and actively participates in fandom activities would have a better understanding of the story/characters than someone who has played the game 50 times, read every Ultimania etc. without ever thinking outside the constraints of the story once in a while.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
What I meant was. MOST people here are Cloti. Not everybody, but most.

I used to be a Clerith. Then I became a Clerra. I'm now in the process of transmigrating to Clighterra and Esperrake

Cloti doesn't interest me much because Tifa doesn't interest me much. She's hot and she's kinda cool, but she has no real character or deep backstory that I can get involved in - at least, no character or backstory that doesn't center on Cloud. Meanwhile Aerith does have such a story, so I prefer Clerith on account I think Aerith is a better character. That, and I find her flirty, cheerful and upbeat personality a better match for Cloud than Tifa.

Last edited:

Tir McDohl

rune bearer
AKA
Yula
Not at all what she was saying. She's just making the point that it's not a very valuable understanding of the characters and their situations to stop analyzing them at a laundry list of what went down.

I agree with her statement and this quote. It's just when applied to the recent.. bah. I think it'd be good to have a middle ground. Like the difference between canon thumping and making things up. I wasn't thinking about what-ifs(I was going to edit that first part out anyway but I had to leave. :monster:).

People are who they are largely because of what they've experienced. Experiences change, the resultant individual may be different as a result -- and given how thoroughly explored and devleoped FFVII's characters are by virtue of their experiences, the notion of "what if" is very rich indeed.

I agree.

I hadn't talked about this LT stuff for like two years before I started posting and I kinda went into it before getting familiar with the overall mood here.

Anyway, that sounds a lot better than going around in circles(I think I will just read the front page to get anything I missed about the LT.) I can't say I'm good at it(in general it's something I like to do, but with 7 I got too attached and it's hard to break the habit), so I will probably lurk to see what others have to say from here on. :)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
i feel the most hilarious thing about all of this is that i am cloti, i am just willing to entertain a clerith thought.

OMGBLASPHEMYYYYYY

also ryu you always read leik that when you suddenly start using big words so you seem smarter than your opponent. its called proof by verbosity bro, and its a fallacy.

When I 'suddenly' start using big words? For fuck's sake Aki, I speak like this all the goddamn time.
Further, simply using big words isn't proof by intimidation/ Verbosity. That requires being fucking VERBOSE.

Ok, what the flying fuck at this comment seriously. IDEK MAN.

It's 7am and I haven't slept since yesterday night so this post may or may not just end up being me saying words. So I apologize in advance for that.

1) The conversation while, admittedly bitchy, was on topic. Or at least 90% more on topic than what this thread usually is. In fact, it was Quex who brought up the Cleris/Cloti smacktalk stuff (and I mean that with NO disrespect to Quex whatsoever. I actually quite like Quex) so I really don't even know what is up with that first sentence. Way to single out bro.

If they were being bitchy at the other people being bitchy, I wouldn't have cared. They were being bitchy instead of actually responding.

2) Even if you are warning for the general bitchy route the thread is going, I don't see how anything Zee/winter says is any better/worse than:

Once again: way to single out bro.

Because they were letting it spill over to people who were being completely civil towards them.

3) Defensive and posturing? Really? Winter makes a joke post, and suddenly it turns into a total srsbznss wanky discussion. The fact that post was taken with even the tiniest shred of seriousness - THAT seems defensive and posturing if anything. Are you people really that humourless? Is the LTD really that much srsbznss? Of course winter is my friend so obviously I'm more inclined to defend her. Still, I'm willing to admit she didn't exactly help in subverting the general bitchiness of the thread. ONCE AGAIN, WAY TO SINGLE OUT BRO.

Speaking of taking things way too seriously...

Jesus H. Dicks, if you're going to attempt to mod (MODDING ON TLS!?) this place at least try and do a decent job of it. Though personally I would deem Ryu unfit to mod this particular thread since it's pretty apparent he has some extreme sentiments regarding it.

Pull the other one. I has bells on.

THIS IS THE PART OF THE POST WHERE I GO ON TOPIC GAIZ

Basically Aki said it best when we were discussing it over MSN. Basically the annoying issue I have with a lot of the opinions regarding this thread is that you're all so obsessed with the canon you can't stretch your minds to consider any other slight possibility.

Encyclopedic knowledge of the canon does not exibit any sort of depth of understanding of the source work. In fact, I'd say that's probably the most shallow way of viewing things.

And yet, any time people try and head in the direction of story analysis and deeper understanding, people being acting obstructionist and internet tough guy.

and just because I can

tumblr_ldjn0c2Uxe1qepfj1o1_500.gif

Yeah. Exactly like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom