• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

PlayStation 4

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
So my PS4 just randomly cut off completely, and will now not turn on. Beeps once, then dies again. It turned on successfully when I plugged it directly into the wall socket, and started doing its whole reboot process, then died again, and now won't turn on when a HDMI cable is plugged into it.

Denizens of TLS, I implore you, lend me thy knowledge such that it might save me forking out 400 yo yos for a replacement...or failing that, bury me softly with a consolatory message about how my poor little console has gone to a better place...

Seriously though...this is a major pain in the hole... :closedmonster:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I googled "ps4 beeps once and turns off" and it seems to be common. Perhaps try the potential solutions presented in the search results.

Alas, I've already tried most all of the solutions to no avail. Only one I haven't done is crack open the console and see what's what inside, cause there seems to be some kind of particular screwdriver that needs to be used.

Danke though :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
So basically, emulators? :monster:

I do hope the PS5 (I believe in it now) will have backwards compatibility with the PS4, so many great games for it, plus the publishers are really investing a LOT more money into PS4 games nowadays - less volume, more quality.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
So basically, emulators? :monster:

I do hope the PS5 (I believe in it now) will have backwards compatibility with the PS4, so many great games for it, plus the publishers are really investing a LOT more money into PS4 games nowadays - less volume, more quality.

I really hope it has some major upscaling power, or it won't matter because anything older than PS3 is going to look terrible. I already feel like my current PS2 and PS1 library is almost completely unplayable on modern TVs. Whatever emulation system the PS3 used doesn't hold a candle to even the most basic PS1 emulation on a PC.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh yeah; what I hope is that they buy up one of the emulators; given that it's regular AMD CPUs nowadays (and I don't expect this to change in the upcoming generation), those should work just fine, even with upscaling etc. I mean Sony already did it with the PS Mini.

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
I hope that backwards compatibility thing comes to fruition for the PS5. That being said, I'm always more of a complainer about not having backwards compatibility than someone who would actually use the feature that much, lol. Hey, at least I'm honest!

That and Gamepass is literally the only thing I find appealing on the Xbox One, and while I do own an Xbox One, I rarely ever touch 360 games. Well, I rarely ever touch my Xbox to begin with lol, but yeah. Anytime I do try to play an old game I'm just like "ugh, this looks awful". That's more of a problem with games that I've never played before, though. It's easier for me to play old games that I've played before, and not have my eyes bleed, than old games I've never played, if that makes sense?

All that being said, having the option would be great. I pretty much skipped the entire PS3 era and missed out on so many games from then. I caught up on a few thanks to re-releases on PS4, but I still missed a lot. I'm super hyped for the PS5 though, and I can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves. I'm also probably the only person in the world who would actually like to see a Vita successor, lol.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Nah that makes sense; the biggest experience I've had in that regard was when I booted up MGS 1 for the first time (this was in the PS2 era). I mean the guy has twenty static pictures for a face.

But, I stuck with it and I'm glad I did.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
in certain cases i find old less advanced graphics charming (not even including cases of nostalgia). i wish more indie devs to mimic the ps1 era graphics, i want to see more games that look like vagrant story

also i want another vita. i like it and just wish the main games on it weren't primarily multi-platform games or games that get an updated ps4 release a year later or like, gal games where you tap some anime girl's tiddies

more rpgs, less double d's

(is double d big, i don't know how boobs work)

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
EXCLUSIVE: WHAT TO EXPECT FROM SONY'S NEXT-GEN PLAYSTATION

* Backwards compatibility confirmed
* Physical media still supported
* It will use SSD
Speed Test for SSD said:
To demonstrate, Cerny fires up a PS4 Pro playing Spider-Man, a 2018 PS4 exclusive that he worked on alongside Insomniac Games. (He’s not just an systems architect; Cerny created arcade classic Marble Madness when he was all of 19 and was heavily involved with PlayStation and PS2 franchises like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, and Ratchet and Clank.) On the TV, Spidey stands in a small plaza. Cerny presses a button on the controller, initiating a fast-travel interstitial screen. When Spidey reappears in a totally different spot in Manhattan, 15 seconds have elapsed. Then Cerny does the same thing on a next-gen devkit connected to a different TV. (The devkit, an early “low-speed” version, is concealed in a big silver tower, with no visible componentry.) What took 15 seconds now takes less than one: 0.8 seconds, to be exact.
* 8K graphic support
* Ray tracing will be capable with the GPU
* CPU - AMD Ryzen 3rd gen 8-core
* GPU - Custom Radeon Navi
* 3D Audio
* PSVR current headset compatible

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

tenor.gif

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I just discovered rumors that PS5 is said to not only backwards compatible for both PS4 and VR games, but the release date is rumored to be either March or November in 2020 next year, plus a few other things which was just discovered yesterday.

Mark Cerny, in an interview with Wired in April 2019, stated that Sony was working on a fifth, yet-named PlayStation console that will serve as its next-generation entry. According to Cerny, the console will use AMD's Ryzen with the 7nm Zen 2 architecture, and with a Radeon Navi-family GPU which includes support for real-time ray-tracing rendering, and will still support physical media. The new console will expect to ship with a SSD hard drive, as Cerny emphasized the need for fast loading times and larger bandwidth to make games more immersive, as well as to support the required content streaming from disc for 8K graphics resolutions. The new unit is expected to be fully backwards-compatible with PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR titles, with Cerny stating that the transition to the new console meant to be a soft one.

The name is still yet to be confirmed but while I think the new upcoming console will be the first main console to have a different name, I think it'll simply just be called PS5 to make things easier if they can't come up with something else.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I think it'd be excellent for them to include a little acrylic ball like that with a special edition of the PS9, because it'd be the best possible hat tip to that ad that will inevitably come up. (It'd be even better if they bring that out on stage for the initial announcement of the PS9).

Ah, the future.

It'll be really interesting to see what kind of functionality that they're looking at including for the PS5. It's nice that we're finally starting to get ideas of what kind of things they're looking at. One of the things that I appreciate the most about consoles over PC technology is that it's building something based on what game developers are looking for, vs. pushing the holy hell out of the capabilities of just the raw technology itself.

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
New State of Play on May 9

Hi all! Excited to share that State of Play will return for a new episode next Thursday, May 9 at 3:00pm Pacific Time. It’ll be a quick show (around 10 minutes), but we’ve got some PS4 updates we couldn’t wait to share with you.

PlayStation Worldwide Studios will be showing off an extended look at MediEvil, as well as a first look at a new title. And we’ll have other updates and announcements from upcoming PS4 games.

One note: Don’t expect any updates relating to our next-generation plans this time. Sorry!

Doing a better job at tempering expectations this time. Nintendo generally does this with Nintendo Directs too, says how long they are and what to expect. Good on them! Too many people were hoping for hype announcements or even VII Remake to show up for the first one.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Industry analyst Daniel Ahmad (ZhugeEX) posted on ResetERA that this is going to contain a re-reveal for a third party title announced a long time ago. Followed by an image of the Hashimoto troll laugh which I suppose can mean anything.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Curious that he is using Hashimoto though. Definitely points to it being SE related. So maybe something *finally* about the Avengers project?
And yeah, after the disaster of the first one, damn right they are now tempering expectations.

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
VII Remake will be shown at E3, but not before. I can feel it in my bones. As for the "State of Play" thing, meh.. Sony has shown all their cards and have just been trudging along lately without much else to announce. They're going to show the PS5 off at some point this year, and right now I think most of their eggs are in that basket.

And in regards to the PS5 specifically and our desires - how about a freaking console that doesn't sound like a friggin' jet engine? If the Xbox One S can remain quiet as a mouse, why not the PS4? Sounds like I live in an airport.

Top Bottom