Quite possibly the most important discussion TLS will ever play host to.

I've been looking at long term team ideas... I wish they didn't have 3 water type HMs. That's always the problem. I feel like my team is incomplete if they don't have all the HMs.

So, trying to decide if I can finally let that go or not, but pokes I'm considering on the final team will be: Garbodor, Chandelure, Meinshao, Jellicent (male), Stoutland.

Jellicent is great for the water HMs, but I haven't decided on a flyer yet. And there's also a hole left for Cut and there's only one poke with Fly and Cut, Archeops and I'm not too sure about that one. I was thinking Volcarona would fill a nice type hole in my team. Which means Stoutland might be switched out for a Cut poke like Sawsbuck.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
You know you want a Deerling anyway, don't deny it! I'm still not sure what my final team is gonna look like either, but really that's kinda part of the fun this time around. I just don't know which of these new Pokes is good enough the way I used to.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
You gave Sylar the power of Mew?! Nooo... wait that's kinda cool actually.
Or a Mew the power of Sylar. As Brock said, "Mewtwo planned this all along!"
All hail Bibarel, the best HM slave ever created
I care to disagree. Action Replay farmed Mews are really good for carrying useless in battle field moves. >: D

Anyway, there's one important consideration for me when choosing a starter Pokemon. Namely, what are the themes for the gyms? I've been avoiding as many spoilers about B&W as I can (as evidenced by only just finding out about version exclusive Pokemon... meh), so can someone please give me a list of what types the gym leaders use, and in what order you face them? :3

(I expect I'll get White... because Zek looks cooler than Rishi, IMO. I know, I'm such a twelve year old boy. :awesome: )

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
halolz-dot-com-pokemonblackandwhite-mgspokemonart.jpg

aw yeeeee

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
The Unova gyms consist of
Grass/Fire/Water depending on your starter, Normal, Bug, Electric, Ground, Flying, Ice, Dragon
in that order. I just claimed my 8th badge today. Cannot believe I took out the entire set of gym leaders in three days.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Anyone else got an image of Snivy under a pair of crude electrodes, while Revolver Oshawatt stands back at a safe distance and just uses Brine to conduct the electricity onto it repeatedly? Someone needs to draw this!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
The Unova gyms consist of
Grass/Fire/Water depending on your starter, Normal, Bug, Electric, Ground, Flying, Ice, Dragon
in that order. I just claimed my 8th badge today. Cannot believe I took out the entire set of gym leaders in three days.
^_^ Thanks. Hmm, it looks like (as with every game since Gen II) that the best choice gym-wise is
Fire. Especially when it gets to the Ice gym - dual Fire/Fighting, both of which are strong against Ice

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I always take Fire. And yes, my Emboar did crush the Ice gym without ever taking damage from anything. T'was awesome.

Looks like Trubbish/Garbodor might have to be put aside for a spot on my team. Why on earth a Poison only pokemon would have high attack and terrible sp. att is beyond me. Basically, even with a nature to boost the sp. att and perfect EV training (which I refuse to do and hate), his sp. att is still not good enough compared to other pokes.

:sadpanda:

I wanted it to be my new Sandshrew. :(

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
^_^ Thanks. Hmm, it looks like (as with every game since Gen II) that the best choice gym-wise period is
Fire. Especially when it gets to the Ice gym - dual Fire/Fighting, both of which are strong against Ice

Surely I've mentioned Team Infernape (and Friends) by now?

Fire starters are mean.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
You bastards. You've got me wanting this game so much I've defaced one of my magazines to get the £5 off voucher from it. ; . ;

Nope and nope. I'm not new to this you know. :P

One suitable move would make all the difference. I don't care if the other 3 moves are weaker because frankly, it's a poison type, they work differently. But for normal regular battles, poisoning the opponent to death just isn't worth it.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Sorry Trubbish/Garbador is failing you Brooke. May my Mienfoo I sent you cheer you up and bring you many victories.

Also, an update on my team, we're no longer fully evolved :D Much as I love my Liepard she just doesn't hit hard enough to keep up with the rest of the team. So we're now waiting for my new Deino egg to hatch so we can start training him/her up from scratch.

Top Bottom