Quite possibly the most important discussion TLS will ever play host to.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Crobat IS awesome. It's one of the fastest Pokemon in the game. If memory serves, outside of Mewtwo, it IS the fastest. At the very least it's up there with Weavile, Jolteon, Aerodactyl, etc.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Crobat_by_Xous54.png

Ignore this btw, this just popped into my ever changing mind. A crobat.

Cannot unsee: IT'S A MOUSTACHE.

"Crobat is the fastest Poison-type Pokémon, with a base Speed of 130. Crobat is tied with Aerodactyl for being the second fastest Flying-type Pokémon, behind Ninjask."

FUCK YOU CROBAT AND YOUR FAST POISONING ME AND THEN FLYING AWAY AHHHHHH

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
url

Hmm, must you really disturb me?

Yes. It's kinda what I do.

Ok, I feel like bragging a little bit, cause I been down lately and my Pokemon made me feel better. On my lunch break today I took on the Elite Four once again for training, and had another of those moments where I actually beat them without expecting it. Somehow that always catches me off guard. This is my first rematch victory over the Elite Four and Champion in SS (I crush Sinnoh's EF at will, gotta love the Battleground for training). That's not what I want to brag about in and of itself though.

No, my bragging goes almost entirely to my Slowpoke, Bubblegum. At a mere level of 60, she took down five out of Lance's six Pokemon, one shot each. True, four of them were 4X weak to Ice, and I was having her hit them with Blizzard while holding a Never Melt Ice to power up the move a tiny bit more. But still, four Pseudo-legendaries, at least 12 levels higher than her, all one-shotted. The other was, of course, his Charizard. 18 levels higher than Bubblegum. Surf wrecked it in one hit as well. Type advantage or not that felt awesome.

And to give credit where it is due, Sparkster the Electabuzz took out his Gyarados with a single Thunderbolt as well, despite a 13 level difference. True, I had to Revive him three times before he managed to get a shot off, but when he did he made it count.

I love Pokemon, why did I mock these games and refuse to play them as a kid again?

Username

Banned
No, my bragging goes almost entirely to my Slowpoke, Bubblegum. At a mere level of 60, she took down five out of Lance's six Pokemon, one shot each. True, four of them were 4X weak to Ice, and I was having her hit them with Blizzard while holding a Never Melt Ice to power up the move a tiny bit more. But still, four Pseudo-legendaries, at least 12 levels higher than her, all one-shotted. The other was, of course, his Charizard. 18 levels higher than Bubblegum. Surf wrecked it in one hit as well. Type advantage or not that felt awesome.

lol, epic slowpoke dominates in elite four, this gives me huge confidence :)

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
One of my favorite things about my dear Bubblegum is her ability. I like to imagine a look of dawning horror on the face of the opposing Poke when they use Swagger, which normally raises the targets attack two stages and confuses them. Since she has Own Tempo, she is immune to confusion status, thus all they accomplish with this move is to make her hit them harder :monster:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
We consider Eevee to be a fox, so it would follow that Espeon would be also. But then, Octillery evolves from Remoraid, and if a fish can turn into an octopus its not much of a stretch for a fox to turn into a cat. Might be able to persuade her on that one.
The Eeveelution chain was always a little off - only Flareon really holds much resemblance to its original form.

Still, awesome about your EF victory. I really need to dig out SS again... I can't remember if I even defeated Claire or not. :doh: But I was unhappy at seeing they've changed Karen's design. >:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Well, I decided I'd take a run at Red, just to see how much leveling I really need to stand a chance against him. Answer: A lot. I think I need between 10 and 15 levels to have a chance against him, which is gonna take a while. I get so bored training for single opponents like this. Still, it wasn't entirely bad, my Victreebel smashed his Pikachu fairly easily despite the 28 level difference, and it took several rounds and some healing items for his Charizard to survive its match with my Slowbro. We'll get his ass, oh yes we will.

More on topic, I am considering replacing my Dragonite and training up my Larvitar for a while. Draco really isn't pulling his weight on the team lately, especially since fully half of Red's team knows Blizzard. Once he evolves, Gojira wouldn't have that problem. Any thoughts?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
More on topic, I am considering replacing my Dragonite and training up my Larvitar for a while. Draco really isn't pulling his weight on the team lately, especially since fully half of Red's team knows Blizzard. Once he evolves, Gojira wouldn't have that problem. Any thoughts?
...I also have a Dragonite called Draco and a Tyranitar called Gojira? :awesome:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
^Naming Pokeymanz after Kaiju is awesome. I also name Butterfree Mothra, Venomoth Battra, and Beautifly Mothra Leo. When I get my hands on a Sazandora, I will name it Ghidorah. Its a mean three headed dragon, I have to.

Draco on the other hand is a Dragonheart reference, and I always imagine it to have Sean Connery's voice, which is hilarious as he would now be saying "Let me out of the box please?!"

Edit: Forgot a couple Kaiju references: Over the years, between several playthroughs of different generations, I've also had a Red Gyarados called Manda, a Torkoal named Gamera, a Slaking named Kong, an Aerodactyl named Rodan, a Muk named Hedorah, a Crawdaunt named Ebirah, a Scyther named Kamacuras, a Yanmega named Megaguiras, a Carnivine named Biollante, and a Nidoking named Baragon. Ok, so more than a couple.

Legendary Pokemon I like to name for FF summons. Moltres obviously got Phoenix, and Zapdos got Ramuh. When I finally catch the fucker Entei will become Ifrit. Anyone else got a naming convention or two they like to use? The way people name their Pokemon amuses me.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Hey, I'm confused about something. Last I knew Gen V was being released on March 6th, unless I am badly mistaken. But the countdown till release on Bulbapedia currently reads 1 Day, 18 hours. Is it coming out days sooner than I expected or what?

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Apparently it comes out March 4th in Europe, so yeah, they're probably going by that release date.

Also something for the thread:

1298431904916.jpg

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
^Naming Pokeymanz after Kaiju is awesome. I also name Butterfree Mothra, Venomoth Battra, and Beautifly Mothra Leo. When I get my hands on a Sazandora, I will name it Ghidorah. Its a mean three headed dragon, I have to.

Draco on the other hand is a Dragonheart reference, and I always imagine it to have Sean Connery's voice, which is hilarious as he would now be saying "Let me out of the box please?!"
^Ditto with the Dragonheart reference, but I called Venomoth Mothra, and named a Dodrio Ghidorah (on the sole basis of having three heads). :awesome:
Apparently it comes out March 4th in Europe, so yeah, they're probably going by that release date.
Yep, came out yesterday. :monster:

I might buy it, depending on how much I end up spending on a birthday present for a friend.

Top Bottom