Quite possibly the most important discussion TLS will ever play host to.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
This is just based on looks/personality, I havent played pokemon in years so I'm out of step with the whole thing:

1)Meowth
2)Jigglypuff
3)Snorlax
4)Ninetales
5)Onix
6)Lickitung

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Skarmory hate makes me sad. And I have actually known someone who had an all Eeveelution team in the past that did fairly well.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
There are times I hate the six poke limit when making my teams cause I hate to leave some of them out. I have never actually had a Skarmory on the team and damn it I want to! But... not enough room for one with my other favorites unless I want to overload my team with a specific type.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
Skarmory was one of my swap-out selections in Silver he was pretty good but he wasn't one of my top favorites to be on my permanent team

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Shuckle ain't bad for swapping in while you heal your decent fighters. It makes a hell of a wall with those defensive stats. If I could actually get it to kill anything, or if it could still turn berries into Rare Candy given enough time, I might keep one around.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Tis a good strategy, but I still prefer instant death for my opponents. Wiping out the opposing Pokemon with a single Blaze Kick appeals to me much more than gradual damage. Of course this may be why I have such a hard time catching Legendaries instead of outright killing them.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
Wrap
Toxic
Rest
Sandstorm

lol as they die screaming in frustration
I would hate you beyond belief if I was battling you jsyk :catfight:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
It would be a fight like that where I bring a master ball into the battle. >:3

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I'm saving my Master Ball on SS for when my frustration level tips too high. Usually I use it on the version mascot Legendary as a sign of respect, but this time I nabbed Lugia easily with Fast Balls.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I would hate you beyond belief if I was battling you jsyk :catfight:
:hugemonster:

I love unusual strategies and stuff, like Gravity and Trick Room based teams - or Baton Pass. But I tend to go with a more balanced setup when I'm battling "competitively", an I really just go for overpowering other trainers (Elite Four lol) the rest of the time.

That's why I like Tyranitar - its movepool is really varied and it has amazing stats, and a sweet ability to boot. AND it happens to look like fucking Godzilla, and would probably eat your babies in their sleep. So yeah >:3

btw I'm a huge pokenerd, in case it's not evident :oscar:

As for Shuckle, well...highest Defense and Special Defense in the game, and it looks so pathetic that you feel kind of bad for it. How can you not like it? XD

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
omg I never have a strategy I'm more of a brute force type of person but I do like to have a flying-type and a ghost-type

ghost-type pokemon are the best trolls because so many attacks are useless against them

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Anyone have any traditions they uphold between Pokemon games? Like, I always take the fire starter. I am gonna pick the fire starter on Gen V even though it doesn't look nearly as cool as its predecessors. And my final team always contains one Pseudo Legendary. Dragonite in Johto, Garchomp in Sinnoh, was gonna have Salamence in Hoenn but never got that far. Gonna work my ass off for Sazandora in Unova come March. Kinda sad that I have never yet had a Tyranitar in the pseudo-legendary slot, but just caught a Larvitar on Mount Silver. Just might replace Draco the Dragonite with him. Though against a well trained fighting type Tyranitar is all but useless, Brick Break = dead Tyranitar for sure without a big level difference.

Edit: Also, one of my favorite strategies involves letting a foe buff the hell out of themselves with stuff like Calm Mind and Dragon Dance, and then stealing said buffs from them. But, I too usually stick to brute force, so if I see a psychic type I just smash them with Crunch or Dark Pulse. Or just lately, Shadow Claw since my Typhlosion is so good.

Last edited:

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
the only traditions I had was the fire starter I was disappoint with how not nearly as cool the fire pig looked in comparison to the rest and to have a dark-type pokemon other than that it was just whatever suited me per game

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I love Dark-types. Oddly never got one in Sinnoh, but my Luxray, Garchomp, and Glaceon all have either Crunch or Bite so we're pretty well covered for Psychic and Ghost murdering. I'm working on beating Red so hard just to get the Fire starters from Hoenn and Kanto. Then, I will get them, my Typhlosion, and my Infernape transferred forward to Gen V and have all five Fire starters in a single game, which will be awesome. It makes me sad though, cause Smugleaf and its evos actually look like badass Grass-types.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
I can't even get excited I don't own a DS lol I want to get one for Black and White so I can get the pissed-off eagle.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Gotta get White then, the eagle is version exclusive to it. Me, I'm getting Black and looking forward to the bone-wearing pissed-off vulture :monster:

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
ANGRY POKEMANS FTW

also the sassy swan

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Swanna looks pretty cool yeah. Also really really want a Waruvial, the new Dark/Ground crocodile. Fuck those look cool.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I always pick a Water starter. And I always leave the "traditional" flying type in my party forever and spam the shit out of Fly once I get it.

ghost-type pokemon are the best trolls because so many attacks are useless against them

Fuck yes. Bringing Haunter to the footprint lady also brought me some lulz

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Though against a well trained fighting type Tyranitar is all but useless, Brick Break = dead Tyranitar for sure without a big level difference.
Same level, or Tyranitar at a lower one.

Earthquake.

Your move. :oscar:

I tend to go for the Grass starter, tbh. And I load up one shitty pokeyman with a bunch of HMs (like Bidoof :monster:), so that I'm not lugging around a whole bunch with crap moves like Cut and Rock Climb.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
In Hoenn I had a Tropius flat out named HM Slave for that kinda thing. And as for Earthquake, I admit it is bad for my typical Fighting types since they're usually the Fire starter. Suppose I'd be in trouble unless I got the first hit, and Mach Punch doesn't pack enough punch to take a Tyranitar of the same level down in one hit... So I'd send out my Staraptor with Close Combat :monster: Earthquake THAT.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
isn't Cut an HM? and dude that move is insane good if you can train up the pokemon my Meganium's best move besides Solar Beam was Cut

Top Bottom