Quite possibly the most important discussion TLS will ever play host to.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Cut is one of the more decent HM moves. The best, imo, is Waterfall if you put it on the right Pokemon. As Brooke taught me, Waterfall on a Marill or Azumarill with Pure Power as its ability is epic.

Cut just has so many moves that surpass it, like Slash. And even then it sucks that it's normal and not grass or something like the majority of pokes that use it anyways. Cut also doesn't have 100% accuracy which is the last thing that kills it as a serious move for a team.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
I quite liked Waterfall and idk Cut served me well back in the days of Silver

Cut just doesn't have the stats is all. Strength is much better as well if you want an HM move that can do some damage.

Cut is only power 50 (which no move you have on a real team should be that low if you can help it) and 95%. Strength is 80 with 100%.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
My favorite HM's will always be Fly, Surf, and Waterfall. Cut isn't bad but it really is outclassed entirely by other moves. Well, Rock Climb really isn't too bad, but nowhere near the best. All the rest suck ass, especially Flash, Defog, and Rock Smash.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
So I'd send out my Staraptor with Close Combat :monster: Earthquake THAT.
Rock Slide? :oscar:

The best part is that Tyranitar's movepool is so diverse that it could hit a Staraptor with Electric, Ice, and Rock moves, all of which it's weak to. I think it's actually capable of learning moves from every type except, liek, Flying and Water (and that's assuming you're not using Hidden Power).

Tyranitar <3

I also really love Scizor ;.;

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I love hitting Scizor with Flamethrower. That 4X weakness to fire is a bitch on them. And yeah, Rockslide would ruin Staraptor's day pretty damn quick considering its low Def. stats. But her Speed is second only to her Atk. stat, so she'd be pretty likely to get the first hit. Tyranitar ain't likely to survive a Close Combat at roughly = levels, and if it does and Staraptor goes down I send in Infernape to finish it with a Mach Punch. Still, sounds like a battle with you would be damn challenging.

Edit: Of course from what I have been hearing from you, Stealth Rock may come into play in which case I gotta rethink this even more. :monster:

As Brooke taught me, Waterfall on a Marill or Azumarill with Pure Power as its ability is epic.

AIN'T IT? :awesome:

I'm both excited and scared for the new games. Entirely new pokemon, nothing familiar... IT'S BE AWESOME!

Seriously, going to keep what I know about the games to a minimum because I'm really looking forward to a pokemon game where I don't have the same team or variation of it and have to form something entirely new.

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
It probably didn't really help that my Meganium had some either piss-poor or amazing moves... which is why I maybe didn't use her as much even though she was at level 60

Le sgh if only my gold cartridge hadn't been wiped clean I had my badass Typhlosion on there :c

Do any of you guys play the online version of Crystal on playr.org? I had a team all named after comic book characters but they went and deleted all my shit so rude

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
...:oscar:

Scizor gets to learn some tricks of its own, you know... >:3

Ed: Check out one of my earliest posts in the thread, Ms. Cissnei. There's a link to shoddybattle in there, which has an online battling program. WHEEEEEE

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
I think I had been linked to there once but idk if works for Mac

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I think my favorite thing about Gen V is that they made TM's multi-use like HM's. No longer will moves be too awesome to use until you find just the right Pokemon!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Skarm is only weak to fire and electric :oscar:
IIRC, the Steel type gives it some resistance to electricity. And I'm not breaking out my kick-ass Typhlosion to deal with some upstart wild Pokemon.
@Kris: Found them on The Escapist. :P
Then the next question would be... WHY? O.O
Skarmory hate makes me sad.
Tell it to stop being so cheap, then. :P
Anyone have any traditions they uphold between Pokemon games?
If I get an Aerodactyl, it's named Revenge after my lvl 100 Aerodactyl on Blue. Also, I like giving my Pokemon unexpected moves (e.g., Kabutops with Blizzard, Typhlosion with Thunderpunch).

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
No, sir. Steel is weak to Fire, Fighting, and Ground, and is neutral to Water and Electric - everything else, it resists. :monster:

This is why Skarm is such a pain in the ass - also Magnezone, which can have an ability to negate the Ground weakness entirely.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
my team:

1. smugleaf
2. smugleaf
3, smugleaf
4. smugleaf
5. smugleaf
6. smugleaf

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
you_sicken_me_stamp_by_xander3000-d36txmi.gif

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
I'm somewhat irked by the english names for the new starters. Hell, I am irked they decided to change the name of the region from Isshu, which I liked, to Unova... which is meh. Smugleaf got off light though, Snivy is actually a decent name for it.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Not me, taking the fire pig even though I like the looks of Snivy better. Even though its fully evolved form Jalorda is a badass 10' long snake monster! Tradition must be upheld!

Besides:
10z7o08.png
He's not that lame. Gonna name mine Lawler.

Edit: Ok, I love that Gen V has fully animated battle sprites and all, but does this thing creep anybody else out as much as it does me?
21o7bk0.gif
Cause seriously, if I ever ran into one of these things the 4X weakness to fire is all that would keep me sane.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
The Water starter in Unova does look pretty cool. Little Samurai Otter thing. Shell Blade sounds pretty awesome, as moves go.

I think I might go with water too.

My starters so far have been (in order): Pika, Bulby, Chika, Pengu
Never played gen 3.

Also, there's a Celebi giveaway at Gamestops starting on Feb 21st (I think) and if you trade that one into your black/white it'll get you another legendary that you can only get that way.

Top Bottom