• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

Miraculous Maku made the following two posts on Twitter and linked an interview that was made in conjunction with the release of The World Ends With You Final Remix.

Twitter Post 1
Fan: I want to play Before Crisis (remake).
Nomura talked to Kitase today (Oct 30th). Various developments are being considered to accompany the FFVII Remake in some form. Thinking about something for compilation titles. "Please wait for FFVII's turn."

Twitter Post 2
Fan: I want to play (remake) of Before Crisis: FFVII.
Nomura: Everyone might now know but I am currently remaking FFVII (laughs). He is concentrating on the final stage of KH3's development at the moment. Side note: FFVIIR and KH3 are 2 different teams.

Will investigate where the relevant passages in the article are.

EDIT: So what I'm gathering is that on October 30 there was a closed event at the ARTNIA café for the release of this Final Remix and big wigs like Nomura and the other developers behind the game attended. After drinks and snacks the developer panel was open for questions, seemingly from the fans who had acquired tickets to the events. (Please correct me as I may be getting the details wrong due to google translate)

The relevant passage in question is from the second page of the article.
Q また『ビフォア クライシス -FFVII-』で遊びたいです!

野村 皆さん知らないかもしれないですけど、自分は『FFVII』のリメイク版を作ってまして……(笑)。いまは『KHIII』に集中していますが、終わったらそちらにいくかと思います。リメイク発売に向けての趣向は考えていて、今日もプロデューサーの北瀬と話したところです。リメイクに付随する形で、いろいろな展開をいろいろなおじさんたちが考えています。コンピレーションタイトルについても何かできれば。ひとまず『VII』のターンをお待ちください。

So what Miraculous Maku did was to post the full translation of this passage in two separate twitter posts. Put together it becomes...

Fan: I want to play (remake) of Before Crisis: FFVII.
Nomura: Everyone might now know but I am currently remaking FFVII (laughs). He is concentrating on the final stage of KH3's development at the moment. Side note: FFVIIR and KH3 are 2 different teams.
Nomura talked to Kitase today (Oct 30th). Various developments are being considered to accompany the FFVII Remake in some form. Thinking about something for compilation titles. "Please wait for FFVII's turn."

Last edited:
Newspost published

@pxp
It is a vague statement about considerations that, seemingly, have not been decided upon yet. We don't know if Nomura is talking about HD releases of Compilation titles, mobile phone tie-ins, books, play-arts, miscellaneous merchandise etc. But, like with most high-profile games in our time, the main title (the FFVII Remake) will most likely not be released in a vacuum and will have multiple related 'things' for fans to buy.

As I write in the newspost, Nomura's statement also reflects a continued desire to honor the Compilation of FFVII. It also hints at how early the planning stages still are for whatever peripherals may be released in conjunction with the FFVII Remake. Apart from that we can't gleam much.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Yeah, like how FFXV had a menagerie of multimedia products released before and alongside it as part of its marketing/promotion, I wouldn’t be surprised if SE does the same win the FFVII Remake (and they have prexisting material to fall back on/draw from). With the processing power of mobile devices now, a Before Crisis remake/remaster could potentially be done with relative ease.

XxREUNIONxX

Rookie Adventurer
While I wouldn't mind getting some sort of remaster of the compilation titles, I'd rather they focused on giving us new content. The developers have already (essentially) stated that they are developing the remake without holding themselves to the additional plotlines and elements of the later inclusions.

Re-releasing the compilation titles before the remake could set up certain expectations as to the inclusion of the more convoluted aspects being forced into the game. Many of the fans, myself included, see the later iterations as being inferior and somewhat superfluous to the original. For me, CC was the strongest of the bunch. That said, it introduced a lot of unnecessary elements with the whole Angael/Genesis plotline.

I'd rather they focused on creating new content that is in line with thier current vision of the game. Whether that be mobile titles, an animated series, cg film, etc.. Some of these new products could potentially take cues from the compilation titles while keeping in line with the new vision.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Tash is going to have a hard time working this into their certainty that the Compilation is being forgotten.

Are they erasing the Compilation or keeping it alive a little while working on a new Compilation to go along the Remake's universe or something? While this to me seems like the latter is very likely, I just want to make sure before I go into the major loop again.

The new Compilation latter part I mean.
Newspost published

@pxp
It is a vague statement about considerations that, seemingly, have not been decided upon yet. We don't know if Nomura is talking about HD releases of Compilation titles, mobile phone tie-ins, books, play-arts, miscellaneous merchandise etc. But, like with most high-profile games in our time, the main title (the FFVII Remake) will most likely not be released in a vacuum and will have multiple related 'things' for fans to buy.

As I write in the newspost, Nomura's statement also reflects a continued desire to honor the Compilation of FFVII. It also hints at how early the planning stages still are for whatever peripherals may be released in conjunction with the FFVII Remake. Apart from that we can't gleam much.

Kind of hard to forget the current Compilation of FFVII if Cloud's AC design's in Dissidia NT and that On the Way to a Smile has been published in English with Lateral Turks: The Kids are Alright English version coming out in Janurary which is two months away from now.

And I thought Nomura said last year that the Remake isn't going to be connected with the Compilation, and I'd love to see the HD Remaster of Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core and a full Remake of Before Crisis, but I seriously don't believe it will happen.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Yeah, we'll be lucky to see the new Compilation in the next decade or two. >_>

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
And the clickbait machine has already begun

I have to say though I'm slightly surprised at how fast the misrepresentation happened this time around. XD
idk if it was the word 'developments' that lead them to that conclusion, as in 'game development', but just fyi the japanese word there isn't the same as would be used for game development. it's development in terms of how events/situations/etc unfold or the like.

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer
@KiwiPizza
The article makes it clear just how ambiguous Nomura's statement is and that whatever he is referencing are matters that haven't even been decided upon yet. Please read it. :monster:

Yes, I did read it
Various developments are being considered to accompany the FFVII Remake in some form. Thinking about something for compilation titles. “Please wait for FFVII’s turn.”

thinking up a bunch of developments to accompany the remake. I’d also like it if we could do something in regards to the Compilation titles as well. For the time being, please wait for FFVII’s turn.”

Sounds to me like it’s two distinct statements on a bunch of developments(not necessarily actually game developments for the Remake as a game - like content in it) regarding the Remake and that he’d also like to do something separately with the compilation titles; before that we to wait for the Remake to have its turn first. “For the time being wait for FFVII’s turn”, for me this sways it towards the Remakes turn then he might discuss the compilation titles if anything happens.

That’s just my thoughts on the statement and I can’t see where the idea that the content would be implemented into the Remake comes from

Sounds to me like it’s two distinct statements
Could be. Although the sentences can be interwoven in such a way that "do something in regards to the Compilation titles" refers specifically to the time shortly before, during or after the release of the Remake, it can also be interpreted as a general desire to honor the Compilation regardless of time table. Nomura's statement also says nothing about in what way Compilation canon/material may- or may not be woven into the Remake itself.

I can’t see where the idea that the content would be implemented into the Remake comes from
You are correct. We can't extrapolate anything clear such as content being implemented "into the Remake". That's the point we've been trying to make here. :awesomonster:

Top Bottom