So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
When Zack appears during the fight with Sephiroth Cloud didn't ask if it was him. He just said his name out of surprise, maybe even relief. But he wasn't asking, "Yo Zack is that you?" lol

Also the times and instances of Aerith's appearances is a topic that I have discussed at long length with other peeps before. You've hit the tip of the iceberg with that observation, Drake. Want me to explain my theories on the rest?

Well I'm going to whether you want me to or not. :P

1.) There is a hint of her in the church after Cloud and Tifa both pass out. Only a hint for now, mind you. She's still being blocked by Sephy. But she can come out a little bit because it's the church, which has a tie to the Lifestream and is also her own little sacred space.

2.) She appears near the forgotten city. Where she died, yes, but also sacred ground for the Cetra. This was the only place in which one could go to summon Holy. It would be safe to assume that this place holds much power as well as a deep connection with the Lifestream. Creepy cell phone scene is included in this.

3.) She appears inside Bahamut's energy ball. Summon monsters are called forth by materia using the memories and energy of the Lifestream. Yet again a connection that we've seen once before, and Aerith appears in within it? Hmm...interesting.

4.) She speaks to Cloud after Kadaj messes up her church when the water breaks out. Lifestream mixed with water and Aerith's next appearance? I do say...

5.) The purifying rain has been released, but is still blocked from falling by Sephiroth's will. Aerith is seen praying for Cloud's victory, but there isn't really much she can do here it seems.

6.) Sephiroth is defeated, and the rain now falls freely. Aerith comes for Kadaj, and even makes her presence known to Tifa on the airship. Aerith's presence is now able to go wherever the rain falls.

7.) Aerith heals Clouds wounds, but this time is in some weird life/death limbo. Now said to be Cloud's promised land in the Ultimanias. More Lifestream? I think so.

8.) I'm assuming that since her water is still everywhere and it's so soon this is how Aerith was able to make the phones ring. But maybe she made the call from the church? lol

9.) Last appearance in the church, which has been covered before. We see her going off for good this time to presumably join with the Lifestream finally.

Either way I think that's it. The phone part is a new addition to my theories and I haven't given much thought to Zack yet. I came up with this a while ago now. lol

I would assume, though, that due to his absorption of parts of his memories and personality/mannerisms that Cloud and Zack may have an indestructible connection. This could, however, also be due to the water being released in the church. The effects are still being held back by Sephiroth, but perhaps Zack wasn't. Maybe only Aerith with her connection to the planet was held back.

And those are my theories. :)

Just theories mind you.

But yeah it's interesting how all of Aerith's appearances seem to be only when there is Lifestream nearby. :)

long post is long.

Damn it to hell.

A

Great Old One
Really? I always thought Aerith got more attention because of the meetings and such, but that's just me. -_- Maybe I should make a comparison chart seeing the difference, any takers? :3
Cloud knew Zack in a more personal level - and not only because the two were good friends, but because the only time that Aerith and Cloud actually have a 'meeting,' where the real Cloud wasn't screwed up is in AC/ACC, three years later. Also, it isn't exactly fair when Aerith has an advantage, considering that she's a Cetra. Even so, in ACC we see Zack and Cloud back-to-back, debunking any claims that only Aerith has the ability to meet with Cloud because their hearts/minds/souls are united. I'd like to think that both of them are as equally as important to Cloud.

Okay, I'll go to it then. I think it is sorta equal, but idk I felt there was more Aerith, but maybe that's just me being a biased Aerith fan. XD
There'd be a whole lot less of Aerith if you directed those love parameter scenes towards Tifa. The game doesn't necessarily count anyways. It's after he regains his true self and before he was inflicted by Jenova cells that count. Technically, Cloud (the real him) spends more time with Zack (Crisis Core), compared to meeting Aerith three years after FFVII.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Cloud plays for the Vikings!

minnesota-vikings.jpg

PURPLE PRIDE!!!! :awesome:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
CLERITH! Purple, Advent Children = AC, isn't it obvious by now!!?!?!?!?!?!

Patterns-1.png

I've got a million of these self-made captions, I'm just waiting for excuses to use them. ;p

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
When Aerith appears to Cloud, She speaks to him, Cloud is shocked but, judging by his eyes before she spoke he already knew who was there.

When Zack appears to Cloud, Zack speaks, Cloud is shocked and has to ask if it's Zack before he responds.

Perhaps that's because Zack has never hijacked Cloudspace before? I mean, Cloud's seen spirit-Aerith before ACC, but he's never seen spirit-Zack before, has he? Unless my memory has turned into a sieve...

7.) Aerith heals Clouds wounds, but this time is in some weird life/death limbo. Now said to be Cloud's promised land in the Ultimanias. More Lifestream? I think so.

Wait, what? The weird white place Cloud keeps running off to is said to be Cloud's Promised Land? I must've missed that - where exactly does it say that?

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
The white space isn't his Promised Land. Where he wakes up--with his friends and family and hawt girlfriend--is. No matter how much illogical twisting is put on that quote, the pool of water, the church, the floaty white-space, is NOT it.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
I see mentions of Zack. Are we discussing Clack now? :awesomonster:

Ya ya,
Cloud (blue) + Aerith (red) = purple! Who doesn't like purple! :awesome:.
And if Clerith's purple, would this mean that SOLDIER 2nds ship Clerith? I mean, they're all wearing purple... :awesome: Even Zack was wearing purple before he met Aerith... Zack dressed Cloud in purple SOLDIER clothes which means he forced Clerith on him. :awesome:

...then Zack starts wearing black and becomes an AerTi supporter, completing the ship by giving Aerith a pink ribbon. Hmm...

AerTi is canon then. :monster: Zack never lies.

Somehow relevant:
I don't think Cloud saying Zack's name is asking if it's him. The subtitles just put it as 'Zack...', it's just him saying his name.
The intonation of the said line sounded more or less like recognition, really. Not so much of a surprise, and definitely not a question. It was a gentle sort of call, can almost be described as endearing to a Clack fangirl's ears.

I know what I'm talking about, believe me. I've watched that scene enough to be able to say their lines along with them. :awesome: It's the same for both the English version and the Japanese version. :monster: Although I really much liked Sakurai's "Zakkusu" as it sounds all sigh-ey and sexy.

And since we're making a parallel for the dead's appearances... :awesome:

I also firmly believe that Zack's appearance to Cloud has more of an impact than Aerith's. Call me biased or whatever, but the way their appearances affected Cloud in the situations they came in tells us this.

Aerith appears to Cloud as he drives to the Forgotten City. They talk for a while, but it seems as though the conversation ended with Cloud still a bit confused. What does this say? It means Aerith's message didn't get through him as she wanted it to. Also note that afterwards, he was on the verge of losing to the battle with Kadaj and co. and had to be saved by Vincent. After all that, he's still confused, and had to be lectured by Marlene even.

Fast forward to the Sephiroth battle. Zack appears to him for a while, probably only a split second in real-time, and speaks utter nonsense about SOLDIER and honor, when it isn't even applicable to Cloud's situation. Here, however, it seems that whatever stupid thing Zack said was deeply understood by Cloud. Note that before this, Cloud was on the verge of losing, but after speaking of a promise of sorts with an almost romantic flair, he stands up and defeats Sephy all awesomely.

Compare and contrast. Aerith = Cloud almost getting killed, Zack = Cloud being badass.

...I won't say it. It's obvious. :awesome:

Granted, comparing these two scenes in this context is a bit too much as we took out much of the happenings in between, but when it comes to Clerith arguments this happens a lot so... :awesome:

/rabid Clack

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Oh, mei-bito, I adore you. You always make me smile with your Clack reasoning and logic.

Why thank you. :monster:

I'm honored to receive such a compliment from someone as awesome. :awesome: With a sig made of hot.

Which offsets my recoiling in horror.

I'm glad I have that much of an effect on you. :awesomonster:

Are our new Cleriths still here? I'm too lazy to scroll back past 170... :monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Meibito... I see you haven't changed at all. :monster: KTR and Drake are the closest to Clerith that we have right now. x'D

Does anyone else agree that Zack and Aerith are on equal levels when it comes to Cloud's feelings?

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
A said:
I'd like to think that both of them are as equally as important to Cloud.
Like I said i'm gonna work out some chart or something that compares Z/A's attention from Cloud starting where he was his actual self again.

A said:
There'd be a whole lot less of Aerith if you directed those love parameter scenes towards Tifa.
Hey you we are talking about friendship, so should I cancel out Zack scenes everytime he talks to Vincent?

Lol, and i'm quite aware Cloud knew Zack 3 years vs. Aerith 3-4 weeks so I would think they would be closer. But the thing is the attention levels are just about equal in AC/C even though their time of being together was different so isn't that saying Cloud got just about as close with Aerith in 3-4 weeks as he did with Zack in 3 years? XD This proves that Aerith is hotter than Zack.
aerith-ac.jpg

Yah boobs!

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
This LTD all boils down to one thing - Tifa on the bar, or Aerith in the flowerfield? After all those heroics he's done in AC/C, there's no way Cloud isn't getting any after the credits.

Okay, I've done my dirty comment for the day, I'm gone. :p

I really don't see the point in trying to compare who Cloud mourned more. The only part of that which is LTD relevant is showing that mourning someone's death != true love like the Clerii claim.

Tifa on the bar, or Aerith in the flowerfield? After all those heroics he's done in AC/C, there's no way Cloud isn't getting any after the credits.
Considering he gets the "you're so getting some later" look from Tifa, and Aerith does her whole, "alright I'm going now, come on Zack"... I think we know which one is more likely. :awesome:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
KTR and Drake are the closest to Clerith that we have right now. x'D

)8 I'm not enough Cleris for you? What if I made my posts in obnoxious pink font all the time?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That would be just too much, Zee. I think you're just the right amount of Clerith for my tastes, imho. :kiss:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
CLERITH! Purple, Advent Children = AC, isn't it obvious by now!!?!?!?!?!?!

lol I've actually never event thought of that before. XD

Patterns-1.png

I've got a million of these self-made captions, I'm just waiting for excuses to use them. ;p

Love Colbert but that pic is kind of creepy. Not gonna lie.

umguynou.jpg

Yes I will go there.

Also, that is the first 'no u' pic I came across on Photobucket. Most of the ones that pop up now are some weird preteen girl taking pics of herself wearing a jacket. WTF?! D:

The white space isn't his Promised Land. Where he wakes up--with his friends and family and hawt girlfriend--is. No matter how much illogical twisting is put on that quote, the pool of water, the church, the floaty white-space, is NOT it.

Well dammit I made this argument but people on this forum were all, "No it's the white space STFU!" :catfight:

I'm confused...

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
If the white space is Cloud's Promised Land, he truly is one boring individual.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
Well dammit I made this argument but people on this forum were all, "No it's the white space STFU!" :catfight:

I'm confused...

Are you talking about this thread specifically? As I recall, the last time this came up in the thread, it was "Aerith's church" (with added emphasis on 'Aerith') vs. "together with his family and friends" as his Promised Land.

Reminds me... was there something in the Dismantled book about Cloud's line, as he and Tifa dangled over the abyss, and that meeting he thinks he can have in the Promised Land being a meeting with everyone? If there really was something like that in Dismantled, then I think that it's more consistent to say that "together with family and friends" is Cloud's Promised Land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom