So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
I think AVALANCHE in a way is Barret's family too, which is Tifa, Cloud, etc. etc. If Marlene was the only one in Barret's family wouldn't it simply say his daughter?

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
What. Is. The. Freaking. Problem. With. The. Family?!

Seriously, Cloud's family consists of Tifa, Marlene, and Denzel, period. There is no question about it. People, please. Instead of breaking down quotes and crap, just pay attention to the freaking movie itself. Would it even make sense to say that Barret and co. are part of Cloud's family if they weren't being shown to be the ones greatly affected by Cloud's disappearance? (Like, oh I don't know, the way the movie is sort of hinting that Cloud comes home to them like a father would and suddenly doesn't come home and the family is all sad and wrecked?) Would it be logical to say that if it's pretty much obvious from the state of 7th Heaven itself that only the 4 are living together in it?

What's the big deal? The family is Cloud, Tifa, Marlene, and Denzel. End of Story. Fin. Owari. Sayonara. Urusai. :monster:

MOVING ON.

luylz.jpg

TLS is conspiring with the Clerith. :awesome:

The fact that the Clerii are so threatened by the family and need to try and claim everyone is the family shows that they see Cloud and Tifa's roles in it as romantic.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I'm telling you Que Cloud doesn't have friends. To me it's like Tifa, Cloud, Denzel, Marlene is the main family but the rest are the aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. who come to the bar for the Christmas parties. :lol:

Okay then, who is referred to as his immediate family? Who is the wife/mother? Who are his children?

Extended family doesn't mean much, though. I don't spend much time with them and really I care about most of my friends even more. :/

Wish I could tell you.

Seriously, Cloud's family consists of Tifa, Marlene, and Denzel, period. There is no question about it. People, please. Instead of breaking down quotes and crap, just pay attention to the freaking movie itself. Would it even make sense to say that Barret and co. are part of Cloud's family if they weren't being shown to be the ones greatly affected by Cloud's disappearance? (Like, oh I don't know, the way the movie is sort of hinting that Cloud comes home to them like a father would and suddenly doesn't come home and the family is all sad and wrecked?) Would it be logical to say that if it's pretty much obvious from the state of 7th Heaven itself that only the 4 are living together in it?

What's the big deal? The family is Cloud, Tifa, Marlene, and Denzel. End of Story. Fin. Owari. Sayonara. Urusai. :monster:[/quoted]

QFT

MOVING ON.

luylz.jpg

TLS is conspiring with the Clerith. :awesome:

lol Glitch. I love how the vote totals have Aerith at 13 and Tifa at 83 yet the bars say otherwise. XD

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
)8 I'm not enough Cleris for you? What if I made my posts in obnoxious pink font all the time?
Nah, you're a very spiffy Clerith. But you haven't been posting recently! You must be ... a Clerith imposter! >=O
What about the other ones from way before? Like...umm...those other people who were Clerith?
They cba. XD
So Cloud's family and Barret's family aren't the same?
Barret is a part of the family yes, but due to him being gone, Cloud, Marlene, Denzel, and Tifa formed a bond that is all their own, you know? That's why they are refered to as a family of four, and why the Ultimania says that Cloud is able to return to Tifa and the kids, and also why Tifa is called the Mother of THEIR family.
At least, that's my take on it. :)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Reminds me... was there something in the Dismantled book about Cloud's line, as he and Tifa dangled over the abyss, and that meeting he thinks he can have in the Promised Land being a meeting with everyone? If there really was something like that in Dismantled, then I think that it's more consistent to say that "together with family and friends" is Cloud's Promised Land.
That wasn't Dismantled but another book (FF Complete Works VII~X or something). But then the Ultimania Omega said it was just about Cloud and Tifa meeting Aerith.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
That wasn't Dismantled but another book (FF Complete Works VII~X or something). But then the Ultimania Omega said it was just about Cloud and Tifa meeting Aerith.

I don't recall the 'Just' bit. I do recall saying she was the topic, though in a 'it could probably' sort of way, and IIRC, the ending storyboard describes them speaking of people in the plural, does it not?

I shall have to check, I suppose.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
The ending playback doesn't mention who it's talking about. It's only brought up in Tifa's profile/timeline, and there's no uncertainty about who it means.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/vilaeth_0/uo_p27.jpg

... The one they are going to meet is, of course, Aerith. And as for the 'Promised Land'...

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
The ending playback doesn't mention who it's talking about. It's only brought up in Tifa's profile/timeline, and there's no uncertainty about who it means.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/vilaeth_0/uo_p27.jpg

... The one they are going to meet is, of course, Aerith. And as for the 'Promised Land'...

Ah. It was the promised land they were coy about. My mistake.

I thought the playback mentioned fallen friends or something but I could be misremembering.

As for Complete works, if it's an S-E product, I don't see any reason not to include its data on FF7 until it shows itself as generally naff.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Wow that kinda puts a damper in the "it was just a mistranslation" doesn't it?
Also, Is it stated somewhere that Cloud was living in Aerith's church only one week before AC/C took place?

aaannndd what's this about Cloud and Tifa not being listed as an official couple in the 20th Anniversary Ultimania?

Last edited:

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
aaannndd what's this about Cloud and Tifa not being listed as an official couple in the 20th Anniversary Ultimania?
I heard the quote just said that there was no official couple of FFVII, but I'm not sure. -_-

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Uhm I probably read it wrong ... but the point still stands, I guess there's couples listed and CxT isn't one or something?

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
Juniper, Rinali, Legretta

Wanting to 'meet Aerith' isn't really romantic, though. And if they wanted to show that Cloud wants to go and see a girl he cares for romantically, doing it in a scene where he finally rescues Tifa from falling like he failed to do when he was younger(he promised he'd be her hero and rescue her in a pinch, and here he is doing that. That's kind of romantic, isn't it?), having him tell Tifa about meeting Aerith and including her in it, and her smiling up at him, nodding to agree and resting her head against him, not looking the least bit discouraged by the man she loves telling her he wants to go be with his dead love, is a very strange way of doing a romantic Cloud/Aerith scene.

Tifa didn't have to be there at all if that was their intention. Her being his friend doesn't mean she and he have to be attached at the hip throughout the entire ending like they were.

It just doesn't ring true.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Plus it says they're both gonna meet her so... is Tifa gonna have sex with Aerith too? :awesome:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Ah. It was the promised land they were coy about. My mistake.

I thought the playback mentioned fallen friends or something but I could be misremembering.

As for Complete works, if it's an S-E product, I don't see any reason not to include its data on FF7 until it shows itself as generally naff.
It was published by Digicube, which was a company Square founded, but I don't know how the information stands up against what's been released later since I've never seen it, and reviews are old pre-Compilation and the only negative mentioned is the amount of spelling mistakes. I just tend to take what came later as taking priority as far as where things currently stand goes.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
So this thing that said it meant Aerith isn't reliable? Or is it just square contradicting itself again?

Last edited:

Smaddy

Green Mage
Wanting to 'meet Aerith' isn't really romantic, though. And if they wanted to show that Cloud wants to go and see a girl he cares for romantically, doing it in a scene where he finally rescues Tifa from falling like he failed to do when he was younger(he promised he'd be her hero and rescue her in a pinch, and here he is doing that. That's kind of romantic, isn't it?), having him tell Tifa about meeting Aerith and including her in it, and her smiling up at him, nodding to agree and resting her head against him, not looking the least bit discouraged by the man she loves telling her he wants to go be with his dead love, is a very strange way of doing a romantic Cloud/Aerith scene.

Tifa didn't have to be there at all if that was their intention. Her being his friend doesn't mean she and he have to be attached at the hip throughout the entire ending like they were.

It just doesn't ring true.
I see the "let's go see Aeris" thing as like how you'd go visit a loved one's grave on a special occasion to pay respects, visit, place flowers, etc.

Plus, doesn't the whole, 'just want to go see Aeris' tie into the beginnings of OWTAS Tifa and Yuffie, where they say Avalanche ended up going to the Lake at the Forgotten City after Meteorfall was said and done with? I compare it kind of to how near the end of AC/C, Tifa says, "I knew you were with us somehow... thank you!" on the Airship, and so 'seeing Aeris' was kind of like their way of paying respects to what she did to save the Planet.

Maybe I'm just looking too deeply into it, though. :P

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Not really, since A: It is technically a mistranslation, though the mistranslation is both understandable and technically correct, and
B: There's no need to put a damper on it. It's not inherently romantic. The thing is, to take it as the pinkers often do, one must posit a dislike between Tifa and Aerith, and such is entirely not the case. Tifa, as much if not more than anyone else was hit hard by her loss, so saying to her at what may well be their final moments 'It's not so bad. At least if we die we can meet her again' makes perfect sense with her response to "let's go meet [her]"

...MEET.

Also, Is it stated somewhere that Cloud was living in Aerith's church only one week before AC/C took place?

Explicitly, not as I recall. But CoT ends just prior to FF7AC/C's beginning, and he has only been gone a week or two at that point, IIRC, and his leaving and taking shelter in the church is listed in the same time point as AC/C on his timeline.

? Buh? Which 20AniUlti? Story, Character, what? What pages we talking about?

No, she's just gonna watch. :awesome: Tifa's really into that kind of thing.

Fixed.

...MEET.

It was published by Digicube, which was a company Square founded, but I don't know how the information stands up against what's been released later since I've never seen it, and reviews are old pre-Compilation and the only negative mentioned is the amount of spelling mistakes. I just tend to take what came later as taking priority as far as where things currently stand goes.

Yeah, but this doesn't seem to really contradict the later info, so, I figure it's further info for the database.
Didn't Digicube also put out Memorial Album, or am I mistaken?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
? Buh? Which 20AniUlti? Story, Character, what? What pages we talking about?
I'm.. not sure but in one of the Ultimanias does it have a list of the canon couples or something? Like Cid and Sherra and CxT aren't mentioned. I was under that impression that that existed somewhere.

B: There's no need to put a damper on it. It's not inherently romantic.
I know but for the longest time I've been saying that quote was a mistranslation and... well now I look stupid. But yes, it's not really romantic if both Cloud AND Tifa are gonna meet her.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'm.. not sure but in one of the Ultimanias does it have a list of the canon couples or something? Like Cid and Sherra and CxT aren't mentioned. I was under that impression that that existed somewhere.

Not as far as I'm aware, there isn't.
Even if there is, it doesn't help C/A for C/T not to be on the list unless C/A is.

I know but for the longest time I've been saying that quote was a mistranslation and... well now I look stupid. But yes, it's not really romantic if both Cloud AND Tifa are gonna meet her.

But it is a mistranslation, and yes, it's not romantic.

But it is dead sexy.

...MEET.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom