So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Yeah after standing up for the pinkers many times and trying to explain their arguments to you better, the ONE TIME I make fun of them you tell me to stop, sure :monster:

Besides it's true you CAN mutually be friends with someone OR mutually hate someone :P

extremely mild Dissidia spoiler:
Silliness aside, I'm really glad to know that that line in Dissidia turned out to be a Tifa reference. Have we gotten a translation on his "The person I want to meet is..." line?

When Mufasa tells Simba to look at the stars whenever he feels lonely/in need of advice and years later Simba does it when he is lonely/in need of advice, are people wondering whether this is an echo of Big Mu's words? Seriously?
Simba was never involved in a great love triangle :monster:

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Silliness aside, I'm really glad to know that that line in Dissidia turned out to be a Tifa reference. Have we gotten a translation on his "The person I want to meet is..." line?
He did say he wanted Tifa to meet the real Cloud. Clearly an allusion to that. :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Yes BUT he also said he wanted to "meet her" (or his other lost loved ones) in the promised land... so... I was just wondering if the game clarified this more.

Isabella

Your Mom
Cloud and Tifa come to realize their mutual feelings of friendship.

Cloud: "Tifa, there's something I've been meaning to say, but I suck with words."
Tifa: "That's ok, Cloud. Words aren't the only way to show how you feel. Instead we'll paint each other's toenails and braid each other's hair!"

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
So speaking of Dissidia, playing through on Cloud's mode... I recall some Cleriths making a deal about the crystal being holy and representing Aerith. Well, Sephiroth says that the crystal represents something that Cloud despises most as well.

So, some of the Cleriths have been Anti-Clerith all along? :awesome:

Been through... Cloud, Terra, Zidane, and going through Cecil now. :lol: Also, I hope this isn't worthy of a spoiler tag. O-o And I did end up squeeling at that line about the stars. <3

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Quexi, KTR, I was just being an ass. Ignore me. :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Quexi, KTR, I was just being an ass. Ignore me. :monster:
And I was being one back :awesomonster:
Been through... Cloud, Terra, Zidane, and going through Cecil now. :lol: Also, I hope this isn't worthy of a spoiler tag. O-o And I did end up squeeling at that line about the stars. <3

Small Dissidia spoilers
What was Cloud's "The one person I want to meet is..." line?

So speaking of Dissidia, playing through on Cloud's mode... I recall some Cleriths making a deal about the crystal being holy and representing Aerith. Well, Sephiroth says that the crystal represents something that Cloud despises most as well
So is it something he loves and despises or just something he despises?

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yes BUT he also said he wanted to "meet her" (or his other lost loved ones) in the promised land... so... I was just wondering if the game clarified this more.

No, he says something about 'I don't want to see you again' to Sephiroth. When I run through that confrontation again I'll transcribe it.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Could it have been a mistranslation on the fans part or anything like that or did they just not include the line?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
So is that line about wanting to meet someone not in there?

I believe It was changed to 'What I want most, I'll find myself' though I am not 100% sure of that.

And Quex
It is said 'It [The crystal] is what you most despise' as taking it will make Cloud ' be doomed to further conflicts and never know why.'

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Well, I don't see any Aerith references at all in Dissidia. She's not even mentioned in his bio, but Avalanche and Sephiroth are. So, I hope some Cleriths stop spazzing about Dissidia being TOTALLY CLERITH CANONZ.
Just Zack, and what appears to be Tifa. I'm not sure what else he could be referring to by wish upon a star. I guess Terra saying "You're favorite flower will be there too" is the closest to Clerith there is.

^Spoiler just in case.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Well, I don't see any Aerith references at all in Dissidia. She's not even mentioned in his bio, but Avalanche and Sephiroth are. So, I hope some Cleriths stop spazzing about Dissidia being TOTALLY CLERITH CANONZ.

But it is. Or did you miss the part where Cloud hangs out with a half-breed chick who likes flowers and wears pink and red? :p

CloudTerra.png

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I think the Terra and Cloud moments are so cute. <3 I wouldn't be surprised if CloudxTerra is used to try and show that Aerith is living on through her to be with Cloud. :lol: Please... I hope that never happens. XD

He also hangs around a guy who has a love for wild roses and long walks on the beach. :awesome:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Told you he was gay :monster:

Now I wanna get this game just to see this stuff.

She's not even mentioned in his bio, but Avalanche and Sephiroth are.
Wasn't she mentioned in his bio in the Japanese version or something?

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
But it is. Or did you miss the part where Cloud hangs out with a half-breed chick who likes flowers and wears pink and red? :p
I'm sort of changing my ship to Onion KnightxTerra though. :awesome: I suddenly like Onion Knight a lot more.

Though Clerra is still pretty cool--I'm getting a bit into SquallxTerra for some reason... And TidusxTerra... Basically, EVERYONExTERRA! :reptar:

Just Zack, and what appears to be Tifa. I'm not sure what else he could be referring to by wish upon a star. I guess Terra saying "You're favorite flower will be there too" is the closest to Clerith there is.

Agreed.
I lol'd at the first Zack reference I saw though. They were talking about Cloud's big sword, and he goes "It's a memento".
CLACK FTW! Clerith's got nothing on my Clack!

Also that part where
Sephiroth refers to the crystal (that looks like Aerith's materia) as "The thing you [Cloud] despise the most". I was like "Is Sephy anti-Clerith or something?" because that was totally an Aerith reference in my view.
:awesome:

I didn't want to say anything while playing the Japanese version because some people might jump down my throat about my "inaccurate" translation...but now that the English version is out and I can talk about it and no one can tell me my translation is unofficial and biased. :awesome:

/over-excited

Edit:
I think the Terra and Cloud moments are so cute. <3 I wouldn't be surprised if CloudxTerra is used to try and show that Aerith is living on through her to be with Cloud. :lol: Please... I hope that never happens. XD

Spoiler tag that. :awesome: We don't want people getting ideas, really. :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

He also hangs around a guy who has a love for wild roses and long walks on the beach. :awesome:

And a guy who is literally a dream and a man who utilizes the power of light and dark and both have a deep personal connection to the man he is opposed to.

Plus, Cecil pals around with Terra too. ... And Yang is the person in his game who wears red.

Ewwww...

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Told you he was gay :monster:

Now I wanna get this game just to see this stuff.

Wasn't she mentioned in his bio in the Japanese version or something?

NO. FOR THE LAST TIME, THAT WAS 'THE LAST TIME ON DBZ' BLURB AND IT APPEARED ON BOTH HIS AND SEPHIROTH'S GODDAMN PAGES.

CLOUD'S BIO MENTIONS NADA.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time

Ya know, there's actually a fanfic similar to that, with an accompanying music vid, where Aerith's spirit sort of summons Terra to help Cloud with his life, and Cloud gets it in his head that through Terra, Aerith's spirit can still be with him. The author is kinda vague on how that works, but in the vid Cloud kisses Terra, and when she pulls away she's Aerith and then turns back into Terra, so....*shrug*.

EDIT - here. Theme aside, I adore the music, and the editing work is awesome. I can't embed, so direct link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J6D9ZvwN-Q

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom