So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
And a guy who is literally a dream and a man who utilizes the power of light and dark and both have a deep personal connection to the man he is opposed to.

Plus, Cecil pals around with Terra too. ... And Yang is the person in his game who wears red.

Ewwww...

Cecil and Tidus seem to get along well... -shudder- Kain really needs to be in the game. ._. He could have easily taken Gaybranths place.

I saw that video recently. I loved it. =) I do like the Clerra pairing, it's cute. Jus saying... let's not be for srs. :lol:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
NO. FOR THE LAST TIME, THAT WAS 'THE LAST TIME ON DBZ' BLURB AND IT APPEARED ON BOTH HIS AND SEPHIROTH'S GODDAMN PAGES.

CLOUD'S BIO MENTIONS NADA.
whoa whoa, Ryu's getting upset, look out, rabid Ryu on the loose :awesomonster:
and Cloud was never on DBZ, what are you trying to pull? :shifty:

The "bio" is the same as the one on this page right?
http://na.square-enix.com/dissidia/
... well yeah that page...

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Ryu fucking hate saying same fucking thing time and time afuckinggain and no one fucking apparently listening.

kefka-hate.jpg

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
Wait, when did they ever specify IN THE GAME that the thing Cloud's holding is his crystal?

I find it odd that it looks IDENTICAL to Aerith's materia. Either Sqaure is full of lazy fucks or that's connected to the world of FFVII.

But it's still entirely possibly that Square is full of lazy fucks, even if the latter is true.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
LATTER LATTER!!

I get the materia/crystal not being Aerith's but Cloud walking into a field of flowers is a little too blatantly Aerith for me to deny.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Of course it's connected to FFVII. It's just not Aerith centric. Cloud walking into flowers doesn't connect to Aerith, it connects to the FFVII world, and the dream about flowers. Why the hell would there be a random Aerith reference, when she's not even mentioned in the game AT ALL?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Wait, when did they ever specify IN THE GAME that the thing Cloud's holding is his crystal?

YES. It's his fucking crystal. The thing that the characters get at the end of their stories ARE THEIR CRYSTALS.

I find it odd that it looks IDENTICAL to Aerith's materia. Either Sqaure is full of lazy fucks or that's connected to the world of FFVII.

Identical means the wrong size and color of green? IT'S A MATERIA. THEY'RE PRIMARILY GREEN.

But it's still entirely possibly that Square is full of lazy fucks, even if the latter is true.

Or maybe you're just seeing patterns where none exist.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
Of course it's connected to FFVII. It's just not Aerith centric. Cloud walking into flowers doesn't connect to Aerith, it connects to the FFVII world, and the dream about flowers. Why the hell would there be a random Aerith reference, when she's not even mentioned in the game AT ALL?

Wait, how are flowers NOT Aerith-centric? Even in AC they're Aerith-related. They're the exact same flowers as her flowerfield and as the ones in the church, I'd say they're Aerithtastic.

Besides, all that shit about hesitation does reference the whole uh... stabbing incident with Aerith, although to be fair Cloud felt like he failed a lot of people, and here is where I admit that I am a Cleristh and do read into things a bit.

But still, it's not like it's obscenely far fetched. He was only a wreck for two years after she died.

Identical means the wrong size and color of green? IT'S A MATERIA. THEY'RE PRIMARILY GREEN.

It's the same color as green and size doesn't really matter, you get that it looks like Aerith's materia. It doesn't have to BE AERISTHS AKTUAL MATERIA to be a nice reference to her.

Or maybe you're just seeing patterns where none exist.

Patterns is making reference to Aerith in their other games when they don't have to, amirite? :awesome:

ffff where is my normal awesome face :C

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
First of all, spoiler tag.

Second of all, the Holy materia is a connection to the consciousness of the Planet in FFVII. Of course it would be the most fitting object to represent the world! Don't mean it's, "ZOMG TRU CLERITH LOVE!" though.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Wait, how are flowers NOT Aerith-centric? Even in AC they're Aerith-related. They're the exact same flowers as her flowerfield and as the ones in the church, I'd say they're Aerithtastic.

Not all flowers are Aerith related. Firi's rose, his wish for a peaceful world of flowers, Terra's wish, etc. And the linkage to FFVIII.

Besides, all that shit about hesitation does reference the whole uh... stabbing incident with Aerith, although to be fair Cloud felt like he failed a lot of people, and here is where I admit that I am a Cleristh and do read into things a bit.

Hesitation references a LOT of shit, actually. Cloud's story is marked by hesitation and uncertainty the whole way through.

But still, it's not like it's obscenely far fetched. He was only a wreck for two years after she died.

Except he wasn't. He was HAPPY living with Tifa and the kids til the fatal wasting disease came along. He had a downspiral as he wondered how he could atone for his sins, but this was only so bad because he was happy- he felt he didn't deserve his happiness.

It's the same color as green

No it isn't.

and size doesn't really matter,

Yes it does.

you get that it looks like Aerith's materia.

I get that it looks like a magic materia.

It doesn't have to BE AERISTHS AKTUAL MATERIA to be a nice reference to her.

But it DOESN'T look like holy. Too rich green, solid in color, too big, no white veins, opaque, barely any incandescence, etc.

Patterns is making reference to Aerith in their other games when they don't have to, amirite? :awesome:

No, 'patterns' means you're looking for an explanation more complex than the parsimonious one for no good reason.

And Tenn, again, looking too deep. Squall's is a smegging draw point. It's the sources of magic in their world. Nothing deep or major.

Isabella

Your Mom
Mmkay I guess I'm a bit dense but ... even if it were a reference to Aerith, so what? There are references to Zack and apparently a reference to Tifa. So if a game made for FF fanboys makes references to FF7 characters in Cloud's story, this means romance how?

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
Tennyo said:
First of all, spoiler tag.
ffff sry I can't use that function yet HI I'M RETARDED :C

Second of all, the Holy materia is a connection to the consciousness of the Planet in FFVII. Of course it would be the most fitting object to represent the world! Don't mean it's, "ZOMG TRU CLERITH LOVE!" though
Well it doesn't necessarily mean ZOMG TRU CLERITH LOVE because shit isn't canon and that would be reading too far into things.

I suppose it could stand as a representation of the entire world of FFVII, but it seems more to be a reference to Aerith. After all, the Holy materia belonged to her.

FFFFF AM EDITING AGAIN FUCK YOU GUYS ARE FAST

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Here's Aerith's materia for reference:
holy.jpg

... I don't really have a pic of the ending of Dissedia.. but here's Cloud holding the crystal:
cloudcrystal.jpg

I'm color blind but... I think the crystal is a bit lighter... I ... bah maybe not, I need to find a better pic.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
ffff sry I can't use that function yet HI I'M RETARDED :C

Well it doesn't necessarily mean ZOMG TRU CLERITH LOVE because shit isn't canon and that would be reading too far into things.

I suppose it could stand as a representation of the entire world of FFVII, but it seems more to be a reference to Aerith. After all, the Holy materia belonged to her.

But that's inconsistent. What are all the other crystals, then? Why does FFVII get to be the exception as far as random crystal Symbolism go? There's loads of specific symbolism they ignored or just missed. I mean, hell, The light and dark crystals of FFIV and the light and dark pair of Cecil and Golby, but no. Nada.
So why FFVII and none of the others? Why is it specific and all others are generic?

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
Not all flowers are Aerith related. Firi's rose, his wish for a peaceful world of flowers, Terra's wish, etc. And the linkage to FFVIII.

And by FFVII you mean Aerith. I don't see SHIN-RA, Zack, Sephiroth, Red XIII, or any of the rest of the game being represented by flowers.

Hesitation references a LOT of shit, actually. Cloud's story is marked by hesitation and uncertainty the whole way through.

Yes, I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. But Aerith was, in a lot of ways, his breaking point.

Except he wasn't. He was HAPPY living with Tifa and the kids til the fatal wasting disease came along. He had a downspiral as he wondered how he could atone for his sins, but this was only so bad because he was happy- he felt he didn't deserve his happiness.

Yes, living with Tifa was HAPPY AND JOY. :| When I read CoT I reeeeaaally got another message, especially Marlene mentioning to her father that Cloud and Tifa argue all the time.

But it DOESN'T look like holy. Too rich green, solid in color, too big, no white veins, opaque, barely any incandescence, etc.

AND I READ TOO MUCH INTO THINGS fffff Holy was the most sacred materia and out of all of them most resembled the one Cloud was holding. I'm not analyzing shades of Green, that just seems ridiculous.

No, 'patterns' means you're looking for an explanation more complex than the parsimonious one for no good reason.
So you mean Occam's razor?

And Tenn, again, looking too deep. Squall's is a smegging draw point. It's the sources of magic in their world. Nothing deep or major.

what the hell isn't it a feather? Like from Rinoa's wings and shit?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Yes, living with Tifa was HAPPY AND JOY. :| When I read CoT I reeeeaaally got another message, especially Marlene mentioning to her father that Cloud and Tifa argue all the time.
They'll have problems like any other couple, it happens :monster: They said that was the premise of CoT and that Denzel and Marlene could help them work it out... and low and behold two years later they're still together....

and the creators told us he was happy, so why doubt them?

Vendel

Banned

Final Fantasy VII 10th Anniversary Ultimania
The more he realizes how happy he is living with Tifa and the children, the more the fear of losing that and regrets toward the past trouble Cloud…
Guess what? Your interpretation is wrong.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
But that's inconsistent. What are all the other crystals, then? Why does FFVII get to be the exception as far as random crystal Symbolism go? There's loads of specific symbolism they ignored or just missed. I mean, hell, The light and dark crystals of FFIV and the light and dark pair of Cecil and Golby, but no. Nada.
So why FFVII and none of the others? Why is it specific and all others are generic?
The hell, most of them were specific! Zidane is holding a Garnet, Squall has Rinoa's feather, Tidus is holding Jecht's Sphere.

Why would FFVII's NOT be specific?

They'll have problems like any other couple, it happens :monster:
and the creators told us he was happy, so why doubt them?
Haha when was this? I mean yeah he had moments of happiness (like learning to cook ahaha) but altogether he wasn't happy because he wasn't happy with HIMSELF, and in the end it wasn't just the Geostigma that made him leave.

and low and behold two years later they're still together....

SO MUCH NO, they are not together now that shit is ridiculous.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
And by FFVII you mean Aerith. I don't see SHIN-RA, Zack, Sephiroth, Red XIII, or any of the rest of the game being represented by flowers.

By FFVIII I mean FFVIII. As in Squall and Rinoa's reunion.

Yes, I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. But Aerith was, in a lot of ways, his breaking point.

No, Zack was his breaking point. Aerith was simply his most notable failure.

AND YET, the FUCKING ULTIMANIA says CLOUD IS HAPPY there. Specifically that the HAPPIER he gets, the more the guilt of his past weighs upon him.

AND I READ TOO MUCH INTO THINGS fffff Holy was the most sacred materia and out of all of them most resembled the one Cloud was holding. I'm not analyzing shades of Green, that just seems ridiculous.

No. You're not ANALYZING anything. You've decided it's Holy, and cared fuck all about the rest of Dissidia.

Don't ED me, missy. They are related concepts. And parsimony is shorter than Occam's Razor.

what the hell isn't it a feather? Like from Rinoa's wings and shit?

No. It is not.

And Zidane's is NOT a garnet. It is, if anything, the crystal at the heart of it all.

So, care to link FFs 1- 6, which you've failed to do?

And yes, it IS Geostigma that makes him leave. It makes him feel useless and a burden to his family, that he is unable to protect them, like he intimates in AC, like we are told in ACC

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
and in the end it wasn't just the Geostigma that made him leave.
Yes as he said in ACC, he felt he couldn't care for himself let alone anyone else... thus he felt he was worthless and left. He left those he cared about because he thought he was worthless.

Haha when was this?
The more he realizes how happy he is living with Tifa and the children, the more the fear of losing that and regrets toward the past trouble Cloud…
:monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom