So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A

Great Old One
Yes m'dear I think there are even quotes to prove it. But, then also we know that Aerith has said she knows they are different and wants to meet the real Cloud, like you said doesn't need to be romantic which is perfectly true, but now Aerith has said she loves Cloud, even if it is a sorta fake Cloud she does now. BUT, she could still love Zack for all we know and Cloud. O:

So all in all, Clerith is canon the end.
So... Cloud/Aerith is canon because only Aerith's feelings matter?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Anonymous Clerith as quoted by Bella said:
In fact, during CoT, Tifa was shown wishing time and time again that Cloud would change. His mannerisms seemed to bother and/or annoy her at times-- Tifa didn't like Cloud's names for the bar, she laughed at the fact that Cloud didn't know the names of a lot of fruits and vegetables, she didn't understand Cloud's need to be alone at times, she didn't know how to speak about her feelings to Cloud, and Tifa selfishly ignored Cloud's belief that Denzel had been brought to him by Aerith in favor of her own ideas that Denzel had been brought to Cloud just to be brought to her (as payment for her sins while she was a member of AVALANCHE).

THIS! This is what it all boils down to. This paragraph here is so far from the truth it hurts! This person is twisting the story in a way that common sense would dictate I should not go, just because they want to make it sound like their side has more clout.

And that is what gets to us. That is what makes us mad. At least, that's what get's to me. Stop ruining the story. Please just stop. :/ Nobody cares which paring you like better, but please just stop ruining it for the rest of us. Your OTP doesn't HAVE to be canon in order for you to read and write fanfiction about it. It just doesn't. But please just stop spreading such blatant lies about the story and ruining it for the rest of us. :/

Vendel

Banned
You must first admit and acknowledge this, and THEN bow down before her utter perfection.

Aerith is perfect. That is how she knew the real Cloud all along. And how when she said she was completely over Zack that we should take her at her word. And when she runs off by herself and gets killed? All part of her plan.

Cloud could not resist that perfection. It just isn't possible.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Aerith is perfect. That is how she knew the real Cloud all along. And how when she said she was completely over Zack that we should take her at her word. And when she runs off by herself and gets killed. All part of her plan.

Clever.

Cloud could not resist that perfection. It just isn't possible.

Unless, of course, he was somehow swayed by the awesome magnitude of "The Boobies". Rumor has it they have their own gravitational pull...

Of course, Cloud's gay, so i guess that wouldn't matter. :awesome:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
How do you say, "Every single thing you just said was completely and utterly wrong." carefully?

"You're a fuckin' idiot. Comprehension is a skill, hone it and come back when you've mastered Judy Blume, fucktard."

At least, that's how I'd do it.

A

Great Old One
:arr:

Period.

You must first admit and acknowledge this, and THEN bow down before her utter perfection.
If Aerith really was perfect, Cloud is much too much of a SINNER to fulfill her perfectness. And since they're all into the 'compatibility' shit...

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
"You're a fuckin' idiot. Comprehension is a skill, hone it and come back when you've mastered Judy Blume, fucktard."

At least, that's how I'd do it.

yeah... I can deal with one warning there... I'm going for it... but I'll do it you know.. nicely.

Last edited:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
If Aerith really was perfect, Cloud is much too much of a SINNER to fulfill her perfectness. And since they're all into the 'compatibility' shit...

Ah, yes, but only such perfectness could balance his sins, and therefore, Aerith is the perfect counter to Cloud. She is the other half of him. He's sooooooo fucked up, he needs her to be the light that leads him, the inspiration that saves him... she is his flower angel and he is her tarnished knight....

Holy fuck, I gagged myself.

I can't even faux Clerith. >_>

A

Great Old One
Ah, yes, but only such perfectness could balance his sins, and therefore, Aerith is the perfect counter to Cloud. She is the other half of him. He's sooooooo fucked up, he needs her to be the light that leads him, the inspiration that saves him... she is his flower angel and he is her tarnished knight....

Holy fuck, I gagged myself.

I can't even faux Clerith. >_>
Note to Aerith: dressing like a hooker to get to Don Corneo is not very angelic.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Sure it is. Aerith did, ergo, it's angelic and pure. Are you blind? Or just stupid? </Kefka>

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
How do you say, "Every single thing you just said was completely and utterly wrong." carefully?

You could try:
"Perhaps you should reread the novella without any biases clouding your vision."

Or "I think you should reassess your interpretation of her character and keep in mind what the author intended to portray," and show the quote that Isabella gave.

Personally, though, I think "Every single thing you just said was completely and utterly wrong" already says it just right.

Vendel

Banned
But selling your flowers on the street corner for one gil is. ;)

Id buy that for a dollar!!
buythatforadollar.jpg

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
Quex, you might just ask them why they think Cloud is so helpless. I mean, why else would he move back in with an abusive woman unless he absolutely could not manage to be on his own?

Come on, Cloud! Break the vicious cycle! You can do it! Free yourself from your abuser!

Vendel

Banned
Quex, you might just ask them why they think Cloud is so helpless. I mean, why else would he move back in with an abusive woman unless he absolutely could not manage to be on his own?

Come on, Cloud! Break the vicious cycle! You can do it! Free yourself from your abuser!

"You don't understand...she loves me"

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
I wanna say something but I'll probably get in trouble... maybe if I just word it carefully.

Is it concerning what the "anonymous clerith" said about Tifa? Just ask them to pull their head out of Aerith's butthole.

If it's not, my apologies. :monster:

Serious question: how important is Cloud's mother's recommendation of an older girlfriend to the LTD? I've seen this thrown out by Cleriths as really important... I didn't think it was much - particularly because I got the impression that he wasn't really going to be a nice boy and listen to his mommy. (In subsequent playthroughs, I figured he might've even been thinking about Tifa at that point in time - and she's definitely younger than he is.)

A

Great Old One
Serious question: how important is Cloud's mother's recommendation of an older girlfriend to the LTD? I've seen this thrown out by Cleriths as really important... I didn't think it was much - particularly because I got the impression that he wasn't really going to be a nice boy and listen to his mommy. (In subsequent playthroughs, I figured he might've even been thinking about Tifa at that point in time - and she's definitely younger than he is.)
Cloud doesn't do from what others tell him to do. He follows his own rules. /badass

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
Is it concerning what the "anonymous clerith" said about Tifa? Just ask them to pull their head out of Aerith's butthole.

If it's not, my apologies. :monster:

Cloud: "Not interested."

I think this sums it up. Clerii often don't even know the full quotes they are talking about.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch

This quote can be insightful, depending on how you look at it, and how deep a person wants to delve into the LTD and character theory. Considering that the flashbacks are snippets of "true Cloud" then we can take his words to be sincere in how he feels. So his rejecting of an "older girlfriend" to take care of him can be indicative of his unknown ( later known and revealed )feelings for Tifa or they could be reference to his need to be a "hero" and not wanting someone to take care of him.

Overall, the weight that scene carries in the debate is as important as any other "reveal". It wouldn't be there if it wasn't intended to "show" or "enhance" something. IMO.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I think that scene where Cloud's mom tells him to get an older girlfriend is supposed to tell us one thing; that his mother liked to nag and that she would always think of Cloudy-poo as her little boy no matter how old and tough and badass he became. That way we are all the more sad when she dies in a fire. :monster:

Vendel

Banned

A couple things.

1. Cloud is not interested in an older GF because he wants the (younger) big boobed cowgirl next door.
2. On an interesting note. His mom was right in that he needs a GF who will take care of him. And as it turns out? It's Tifa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom