So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
His misinformation aside, his presumptions are rather harsh in their implications. He says that Cloud would rather go emo over Aerth than go for Tifa. Going by the idea Cloud loved Aerith in FF7, this means Cloud's girlfriend died, and this guy thinks "oh well, move on, Tifa is hotter anyway".

I always hated people who don't like Cloud being guilty for Aerith's death. "A girl I was kinda falling for was killed before my eyes by my archrival. Oh well, let's get on with my day".

I have to agree with you. While lol worthy when joking around, in all seriousness if Cloud really was IN love with Aerith, he would not get over her so quickly. I mean hell he has a hard time getting over peeps who are just friends! And it's understandable, too. I mean they were his friends. People he cares about!

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
Why isn't Yuffie, Barret, Mukki, Sephiroth or Zack in the poll options? I DEMAND AN ANSWER.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Why isn't Yuffie, Barret, Mukki, Sephiroth or Zack in the poll options? I DEMAND AN ANSWER.

You're silly :awesome:

I was mostly referring to the next part of the Squall_of_SeeD faq we posted on the front page.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
And it'd be hilarious if it did. Remember the fervor over Beloved? That was HILARIOUS.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
As Jar-Jar Binks would say, "HOW RUDE!"

And what is this Beloved you speak of? Sounds like a Kingdom Hearts song title.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
As Jar-Jar Binks would say, "HOW RUDE!"

LOL wow.

Yeah, someone decided us using the word "beloved" was wrong and well...it was interesting.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait

Dearly Beloved :3

I fucking love you guys
Sorry I don't swing that way...always.

So to make this post not spam I say what are your views on the beloved line everyone, LOL.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
No comments have been left yet, that's why :monster:

And anyone with a fully working cerebral cortex and an 8th grade education would know "beloved" was an acceptable translation for the word in terms of context and meaning.

Only "Die for our ship!" fanatics would raise hell over the use of the word.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I left a comment and it didn't show up O_o

EDIT:
okay it went through that time

Last edited:

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
be⋅lov⋅ed  /bɪˈlʌv
thinsp.png
ɪd, -ˈlʌvd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [bi-luhv-id, -luhvd]

–adjective 1.greatly loved; dear to the heart.
–noun 2.a person who is greatly loved.

Origin:
1350–1400; ME biloved, ptp. of biloven to like, love; see be-, love, -ed2
thinsp.png

Synonyms:
cherished, precious; sweet, darling.

It's easy guys! Aerith loves Cloud.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Exactly, which makes it hilarious that people were bitching over the word we chose and its meaning.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
The Cleriths wanted them to use lover... but:

Main Entry: beloved
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: someone adored
Synonyms:
baby*, beau, boyfriend, darling, dear, dearest, fiancé, first and last, flame, girlfriend, heartbeat, heartthrob, honey, idol, inamorato, love, love of my life, lover, number one, numero uno, object of affection, one and only, pet*, prize, rave*, significant other, steady, sugar*, sweetheart, tootsie, treasure, true love
:monster:

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
@Mira-aka the "koibito" tossed around with C/T and C/A. You gotta know to be in the fandom!

Oh. I think I was MIA during the koibito thing. I was two-timing the Bakuman fandom and the Code Geass fandom. And I know now, so I'm still in the fandom? Yus? Yus? ._.

LOL wow.

Yeah, someone decided us using the word "beloved" was wrong and well...it was interesting.

What, did it give you a mental image of a clone army of Jar Jars decked in pink?

I know words have are more powerful than a buster sword, but wow...

Dearly Beloved :3

Sorry I don't swing that way...always.

'xactly, I love that song. ;D

/bouquetofflowerswilt

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Probably won't be an official translation, going by S-E's track record of releasing novelizations.

And yes, that's the exact image I had in my head, thank you.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
you should have used "person who loves"
Then there's no way they'd complain :monster:

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
you should have used "person who loves"
Then there's no way they'd complain :monster:

BUT, are we talking about a FRIENDLY love, FAMILIAL love, or a ROMANTIC love? :awesome:

/beingdifficultjust'cause

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
The correct and proper translation is: “Cloud was her friend, her sexual counterpart, her flower-loving-spirit-sexing-Fenrir-riding soul-mate that hated Tifa and was only alive until he could find the magical fairy field of swaying daisies and rigid stamens— a symbol of what was important to her, and someone to be protected until such time he decided to forgo all of life and live in coital bliss amongst petals and Lifestream soup.”

For fuck's sake, people. Get it right.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
You know, if Cloud made it into SOLDIER, I could see Cloud's fanclub being called, "The Golden Chocobo." :monster:

Just an amusing sig there, FairheartStrife.

Yeah, the wank was fucking hilarious. I'm really surprised it didn't make it onto fandomwank with how bizarre some of the comments were. It really pissed off a lot of staff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom