So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I was asked to write an essay for Devotion once when I was at CxA, it was enjoyable, I think it's still up there. I love showing off my FF-fanboy knowledge. :p

Splintered

unsavory tart
I was asked to write an essay for Devotion once when I was at CxA, it was enjoyable, I think it's still up there. I love showing off my FF-fanboy knowledge. :p
This post is worthless without links.

Yeah, I've done a couple of *non LTD essays, because I'm a cool person like that. Even when you don't agree with the subject matter, they tend to be fun reads.

Vendel

Banned
EDIT - Can't direct link, sadly. It's under "Other Games". *reads it* yeah, was from my Clerith fanboy phase, hence the tone at the end. :p I didn't know any better, I was young....in FF7 fanboyism anyway.

I forgive you my child.

Fail me again and I will destroy you.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
When it comes to Clotis and Cleriths, Dissidia sums it up pretty well.
Conflict.png
I wonder which side he's on. :p

Gar's totally C/T.
Same with Cecil, Firi, OK, and Zidane. Squall could go either way. Cecil's life is a mirror of Cloud's in many ways, Zidane and OK would emphasize the importance of the promise to the lady, as might Squall, but he also might empathize with falling for 'the special girl/ transfer student' archetype who pursued him initially. OK would also stress not letting down someone you made a promise with, especially a woman- wouldn't be chivalrous. WoL... No damn Clue. He might not understand the issue, thinking of Aerith along the lines of Cosmos and wondering why a romantic relationship plays into it.

Garland/ Chaos is still fixated on a single woman from his antiquity.

Bartz, I think, would not approve of either couple- too sedentary for his tastes, unless they all went on a trip.

Tidus, Again, I am not sure. He did fall for the 'special' girl as well, but it was he who pursued her.
Jecht would both for crass and well thought reasons, suggest Tifa.
And maybe also Aerith.

Golbez, I think, would think Cloud should be single. Not because of an ambiguity of his love or a belief that he lacks love for Tifa, but that he should make himself worthy before rejoining the family.

Terra would suggest Tifa, even if only for the Kids' sake.

Kefka thinks Edge should be more poisoned and on fire.

Emperor thinks Rufus should have done it his way.

CoD thinks Clephiroth.

Exdeath... is a tree.

Ulti I can see favoring Aerith if she favors anyone. I can see her reasoning that Aerith, as someone special, DESERVES it.

Kuja... Thinks Cloud is a woman.

Shanty, given her one regret is not marrying, will most likely support C/T

Gabby, with his heavy emphasis on missed chances and regret, will see the appeal of C/A, but suggest C/T

And Sephypoo, of course, ships SeClo. BDSM SeClo.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
At first I was a little confused because I don't know who they all are but
Kuja... Thinks Cloud is a woman.
That made the entire post worth it. :monster:

EDIT:
Speaking of I was going over all the comments on Case of Lifestream, and I saw that Hito presented the entire sentence with koibito in it. Since everyone was talking about dictionaries and what not, I popped it into altavisata:

The cloud was the friend of the woman, was the sweetheart and - - was symbol of important ones, was the existence which it should protect.

but that's not the funny thing, the FUNNY thing was when I used google translator:

Cloud is a female friend, and lover - is an important symbol of what was there to observe.

I demand this version be made the official translation!

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
was asked to write an essay for Devotion once when I was at CxA, it was enjoyable, I think it's still up there. I love showing off my FF-fanboy knowledge. :p

Too bad they think you're just a stupid ol' Cloti now, eh? :lol:

Ouch... and no offense Drake, but I kinda sorta hated that essay. ^^;

Also.... epic, Ryu. :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
tbh I laughed a little at how Celes/Locke was supposed to echo Cloud and Aerith. Cause if it echoes anything in FFVII, it'd prove Cid and Yuffie are canon. :monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
tbh I laughed a little at how Celes/Locke was supposed to echo Cloud and Aerith.

I did too (no offense Drake). I see no parallel to Clerith in the pairing, AT ALL. You could compare Rachel to Zack, and Locke to Aerith to make it work a little, but that wouldn't make sense. Then again, nothing in that essay made sense to me. (again, sorry. I really am. But if you'd like to debate your points that'd be cool. xD I'm totally not wanting to insult you but... I just don't understand the essay at all. )

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I haven't read it just yet, but if you tried to parralelize Cec/Ros to C/A, I may just have to hit you with a rolled up newspaper, Drake.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
Ahaha, I just have to ask this because of the thread I was in earlier today. Do any of you Clotis here hate Clerith members overall? Not just "oh I don't like this one Clerith", but pretty much all of them? No, right? Lololololololol....

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Ahaha, I just have to ask this because of the thread I was in earlier today. Do any of you Clotis here hate Clerith members overall? Not just "oh I don't like this one Clerith", but pretty much all of them? No, right? Lololololololol....

No, I direct my ire at a very specific group of them, and even then it's not hate. More epic frustration at their refusal to apply common sense, parsimony, and deductive reasoning.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
Excellent answer Ryu, but don't you know you only use those big words to cover up your ignorance for denying the true canon of FFVII and think you are superior because your opinion on something is rabid and biased and hurts Cleriths feelings?

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Excellent answer Ryu, but don't you know you only use those big words to cover up your ignorance for denying the true canon of FFVII and think you are superior because your opinion on something is rabid and biased and hurts Cleriths feelings?

Ryu uses big words to cover ignorance? Wow, that is a damn good ploy. **takes memo** And here I thought he was just explaining his position in the most logical way possible... Clever, Ryu.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
No, Ryu is a jack ass because he ships a pairing and believes it is canon on firm beliefs and logical thinking all while excluding use of indeductive reasoning and shouldn't be allowed to debate because he is too smart and when a Clerith begins to debate him, he shouldn't give them any Cloti facts because that is only the act of a rabid that hates all Cleriths.

Btw, great sig FHS. ^_^

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

An interesting theory, I'll give it that, but fails to take into account that I tend to use those self same big words when discussing any other number of topics. It also presumes things of me that read distressingly like a projection, possibly of someone who thinks I have 'a stupid vocabulary.' Have I sussed it?
And I don't think I'm superior because '[my] opinion... is rabid and biased and hurts... feelings,' I think it because I'm categorically awesome. DUH.

Ryu uses big words to cover ignorance? Wow, that is a damn good ploy. **takes memo** And here I thought he was just explaining his position in the most logical way possible... Clever, Ryu.

It's such a good ploy, it's ALMOST exactly the same as not being ignorant at all and explaining myself comprehensively. At the end of the day, I leave you guessing.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
And I don't think I'm superior because '[my] opinion... is rabid and biased and hurts... feelings,' I think it because I'm categorically awesome. DUH.

This, with sprinkles!! :headbang:

It's such a good ploy, it's ALMOST exactly the same as not being ignorant at all and explaining myself comprehensively. At the end of the day, I leave you guessing.

Stop it. Really. Explaining yourself comprehensively? :aah: That's just...UNHEARD of in fandom wank debates. You should stop, seriously, before you set precedent...or (the more likely scenario) injure someone's brain with your awesome linguistic skills and verboseness.

To say nothing of the chaos that ensues as a result of your direct, linear logic in regards to the narrative... MADNESS, Ryu. MADNESS!

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I haven't read it just yet, but if you tried to parralelize Cec/Ros to C/A, I may just have to hit you with a rolled up newspaper, Drake.

Only to the extent really that Cecil is a knight and Rosa is a white mage, CxA....that's the main idea behind the article itself really.

Isabella

Your Mom
I must interrupt this banter to say that the latest update to Destiny Failed is hilarious. I've often wondered myself who these mysterious, nameless Clotis were who supposedly spout this nonsense that no sensible person would ever say.

That is all ...

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
I must interrupt this banter to say that the latest update to Destiny Failed is hilarious. I've often wondered myself who these mysterious, nameless Clotis were who supposedly spout this nonsense that no sensible person would ever say.

That is all ...

They are NINJA, Isabella. Elite and elusive. Heard but NEVER seen. **throws smoke grenade** :muhaha:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves

That is all ...

I did find one :monster:
Celes said she was the first one talked about. But it does say that in the Crisis Core Ultimania so ... I dunno, no biggie here.

The other Cloti is clearly Tifa. I mean just look at FHS's sig... she probably says this stuff and WOOSH disappears before they can even say who says it. That's why they can't name who it is :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Only to the extent really that Cecil is a knight and Rosa is a white mage, CxA....that's the main idea behind the article itself really.

Ah, the 'argument ad job' idea. Never understood why that's supposed to help. Aerith's a Geomancer or Elementalist, really. Cloud's also technically a berserker, isn't he?
I find if you're going to analogize couples from other games, it should be by the character personalities, not the way they fight folks.

FFIX has two Summoner/White Mages, and neither is quite the same as Rydia (Summoner/ W/B as a kid and the GBA vers, S/B as adult) or Yuna.
Similarly, I'd make NO comparisons between Cecil and Gafgarion, or Cid and Khimari. Or Khimari, Quistis, and Quina.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

Which brings up a different point- there are different kinds of knights. Dark Knights, Dragon Knights, Spellblades, Paladins... Yeah.

And... well, my point as a whole is that 'job class' is a crap way to analogize people.
Especially with people who have shifting job classes.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
Ryu-arrogant said:
An interesting theory, I'll give it that, but fails to take into account that I tend to use those self same big words when discussing any other number of topics. It also presumes things of me that read distressingly like a projection, possibly of someone who thinks I have 'a stupid vocabulary.' Have I sussed it?
*sigh* I'll just sum it up as your smarter and a better debater than most, so you are a threat making you a rabid Cloti. Does not sound correct professor?

Isabella said:
I must interrupt this banter to say that the latest update to Destiny Failed is hilarious.
Lulz, I was quoted aren't I special. :lol: Now I know why lots of people are calling FF_G Susan now, lol. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom