So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splintered

unsavory tart
It amazes me that people try to use Dissidia to prove their couples. I can understand Kingdom Hearts. I can even sort of understand the intro to Itadaki Street.

But if anyone gets Dissidia for a love story, they are going to be sorely disappointed.

Isabella

Your Mom
KTR said:
Lulz, I was quoted aren't I special. Now I know why lots of people are calling FF_G Susan now, lol. XD
So the third one was you, I take it? So you hear Clotis "all the time" saying Cloud is Mr. Happy and life is perfect, do you?

I can even sort of understand the intro to Itadaki Street.
You can? I can't. Not in the slightest. Have you watched it? It's available on YouTube somewhere.

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
Ah, I see. My apologies. I just want to get whoever is saying those things IN HERE, so I can pinpoint where exactly they're being said.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Ryu-arrogant, Clerith loathing, pathetic rabid scum bag-shikaze c: wrote:

LOH-FUCKING L. Well, that's going to be hard to fit into your user-title. :monster:

Celes said she was the first one talked about. But it does say that in the Crisis Core Ultimania so ... I dunno, no biggie here.

Yeah, apparently it was a big ROFL for Ana and Susan that I said that Zack and Tifa were friends? Well, that's what Crisis Core says, so I'm not sure why I'm supposed to be the dumbass here, lol. Supposedly it's to make the point that it doesn't take much to be a friend and that is somehow against Cloti? I don't know. I'm sure that Tifa and Zack interacted for that entire off-screen week enough to warrant her being his friend.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
LOH-FUCKING L. Well, that's going to be hard to fit into your user-title. :monster:

Yeah, apparently it was a big ROFL for Ana and Susan that I said that Zack and Tifa were friends? Well, that's what Crisis Core says, so I'm not sure why I'm supposed to be the dumbass here, lol. Supposedly it's to make the point that it doesn't take much to be a friend and that is somehow against Cloti? I don't know. I'm sure that Tifa and Zack interacted for that entire off-screen week enough to warrant her being his friend.

She did text him and knew he was from Gongaga (if I remember right) so at some point they exchanged "the digits" and at least felt comfortable doing so... not that they were best friends, but the shit was there. I mean Zack's all "Why'd you hurt Tifa!?" to Sephy... /Fack-fangirling.

But for them (the Clerith is Canon Crew or CCC as I call them...kinda like the KKK only in pink...[and for fuck's sake I'm kidding, before shit goes bad] ), it's a drop through a ceiling, a pseudo-personality and 2 weeks of "group" interaction = eternal everlasting Twu Wuvz...so I'd say their perspectives are right fucked up from the get go.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Most of them don't think it's canon, they just think there's more proof for CxA... and guys I'm over there right now saying you guys aren't all bad and you don't say bad things about Cleriths and you're making it hard :(

And Zack and Tifa being friends hurts Cloti because if they only talked the one time it just goes to show what SE thinks "friends" are. Thus Cloud and Tifa being "childhood friends" may have just meant they only talked like once.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Yeah, I never meant to suggest they were BFF <3!!!, but they were friends for that time being. I think some forget that a lot more time passes than what is show, same for Cloud and Tifa's past. I doubt the ONLY time they talked was at the well. And even if it is, they sure do have a nice solid bond from just that one moment. I mean, there has to be a reason why Square emphasizes that they are childhood friends. Maybe because DUR they are, no matter how many times any fan wants to try and prove they aren't, or that it was worth nothing. I mean, my God people. :lol:

And Quex, they keep bad mouthing When He Was Mine, but nothing bad happens there. The LTD is another story. Like you said, not EVERY member posts in the LTD so they should really get the fuck over it. :lol:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Most of them don't think it's canon, they just think there's more proof for CxA... and guys I'm over there right now saying you guys aren't all bad and you don't say bad things about Cleriths and you're making it hard :(

And Zack and Tifa being friends hurts Cloti because if they only talked the one time it just goes to show what SE thinks "friends" are. Thus Cloud and Tifa being "childhood friends" may have just meant they only talked like once.

For record, Cleriths in general don't bother me. It's the ones that can't follow compilation and state shit like "There's more evidence for CxA than CxT" that bother me, because uhm, no. No, there really isn't.

And Zack and Tifa being friends in NO WAY hurts Cloti. First--as I noted above, they obviously talked more than ONE time... but aside from that "I didn't see it so it must not have happened" mentality, there is the fact that Childhood friends holds its own special notation. Tifa's friends with ALL sorts of people from Barret to Aerith, Cait to Johnny. But "CHILDHOOD FRIENDS" is explicitly labeled. Cloud does not fall under the "just friends" category.

And common sense says that "leaving in the spring" means there's some TIME before Cloud leaves... I mean, to think they only ever had that ONE conversation is not only ridiculous, it borders on idiotic.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
Que said:
Yeah but to see to be mentioned without a quote, that's a much higher honor IMO:
[URL]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dbCoVbBPeH.../Analdumb2.png[/URL]
No because my actual words were on the page, when only your name was which everyone already knows. My name and thoughts were there so +5 for KTR. XD

CC said:
LOH-FUCKING L. Well, that's going to be hard to fit into your user-title.
It's just my pet name for him, so no need to type it everybody. :awesome:

Celes Chere said:
Supposedly it's to make the point that it doesn't take much to be a friend and that is somehow against Cloti? I don't know.
I think I was saying there that Cloud/Tifa even if said so weren't actual friends even if she is referred to it, and then Aly was saying if they were considered friends it's because friendship is taken lightly because of the Fack stuff sooo uhh yeah...

FHS said:
She did text him and knew he was from Gongaga (if I remember right) so at some point they exchanged "the digits" and at least felt comfortable doing so
She only did it to get to Cloud, lol. Those texts she sent were so cute "OH please don't tell him ^^;!!" Awww, I love Tifa. <3

Quexinos said:
and guys I'm over there right now saying you guys aren't all bad and you don't say bad things about Cleriths and you're making it hard :(
Lol, me too and I don't wanna seem like a tardo so let's play nice, plz thnxs. :3 Haha, I'm saying though that you guys may hate Clerith (not all of you), but doesn't mean you hate Cleriths...but FHS come on babe pink isn't so bad. :awesome:

And common sense says that "leaving in the spring" means there's some TIME before Cloud leaves... I mean, to think they only ever had that ONE conversation is not only ridiculous, it borders on idiotic.
How long do you think it was? It's not like being exact really matters, but yeah I'm sure Tifa saw Cloud outside the window watching her change some days....and kept going.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
It amazes me that people try to use Dissidia to prove their couples. I can understand Kingdom Hearts. I can even sort of understand the intro to Itadaki Street.

But if anyone gets Dissidia for a love story, they are going to be sorely disappointed.

When I read about the game's ending when it first came out in Japan, I saw Cloud's line to Sephiroth in Shade Impulse translated as "you're not the one I want to meet", and I took it as a reference to the end of FF7 and a Clerith thing. Then I read another translation which had the line as "I never want to meet you again", which obviously *isn't* a reference to anything really, and isn't Clerith. Just hammers home my stance that no one translation can give a proper idea of what's being said.

Otherwise for Dissidia,well, I think a lot of people who have read my posts here already know my stance. Heh...

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
*sigh* I'll just sum it up as your smarter and a better debater than most, so you are a threat making you a rabid Cloti. Does not sound correct professor?

'you're.' Contractive, not possesive in this case. But being a threat ergo I am evil in their eyes sounds about right.

Lulz, I was quoted aren't I special. :lol: Now I know why lots of people are calling FF_G Susan now, lol. XD

As a rule, never say 'If X then my name is Q.' People take you up on it.

Especially since it's utterly full.

Which is MOST hilarious given the arguments that two weeks isn't enough time for a lasting friendship but is enough time for true love some tossed around.

Yeah, I never meant to suggest they were BFF <3!!!, but they were friends for that time being. I think some forget that a lot more time passes than what is show, same for Cloud and Tifa's past. I doubt the ONLY time they talked was at the well.

Yeah, there's AT THE VERY LEAST when she invited him into the group before her dad forbade him from seeing her. I bet that didn't work so well.

And even if it is, they sure do have a nice solid bond from just that one moment. I mean, there has to be a reason why Square emphasizes that they are childhood friends. Maybe because DUR they are, no matter how many times any fan wants to try and prove they aren't, or that it was worth nothing. I mean, my God people. :lol:

Not just that they are friends, but the very moment and promise on the tower. HOW MANY times has it appeared/ been referenced?

And Quex, they keep bad mouthing When He Was Mine, but nothing bad happens there. The LTD is another story. Like you said, not EVERY member posts in the LTD so they should really get the fuck over it. :lol:

It's because A: I'm in there, even if it is just to make silly jokes, and B: it's too laid back for their tastes. See point A for details.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Especially since it's utterly full
There's always the AKA section :awesome:

And Quex, they keep bad mouthing When He Was Mine, but nothing bad happens there.
Yeah I think they should check it out first. I mean Ryu snarking pics isn't a horrible thing because people like it. If everyone was yelling at him telling him to stop :rage: then it might be a problem. In fact I wish he'd snark my sims vids *hint hint* :D

When I read about the game's ending when it first came out in Japan, I saw Cloud's line to Sephiroth in Shade Impulse translated as "you're not the one I want to meet", and I took it as a reference to the end of FF7 and a Clerith thing. Then I read another translation which had the line as "I never want to meet you again", which obviously *isn't* a reference to anything really, and isn't Clerith. Just hammers home my stance that no one translation can give a proper idea of what's being said.
SO wait, does he say the "The only one I want to meet is..." line or not?

Splintered

unsavory tart

Otherwise for Dissidia,well, I think a lot of people who have read my posts here already know my stance. Heh...
There are almost never 100% correct translations. "You're not the one I want to meet" can certainly be hinting to a CloudAerith thing, despite being horribly vague and, well, who was he expecting really. But that's way different from the first, which one is more correct?

Can someone dig up the actual phrase?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
it's too laid back for their tastes.

Yeah, well there's no way I'm pinning a pink nazi sign at the end of my posts, claiming that Cloti need to die, and I CERTAINLY don't have enough time to type up a 5 page essay on why Clerith > Cloti.

It's too laid back just to LIKE Clerith. You have to BECOME ONE with it.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
I think I was saying there that Cloud/Tifa even if said so weren't actual friends even if she is referred to it, and then Aly was saying if they were considered friends it's because friendship is taken lightly because of the Fack stuff sooo uhh yeah...

Wait, wait, wait...why the hell weren't Cloud and Tifa actually friends? **is confused** And SE doesn't take friendship lightly. Zack DIED saving Cloud...and given what interaction we "saw" of them have, that's a pretty damn big sacrifice given they wouldn't really "qualify" as friends by some standards. there's a lot we, the fans, have to infer--sure, but there's also an assload of stuff we need to take at face value. If Nojima and Nomura say that Cloud and Tifa are childhood friends, guess what? They fucking ARE. No ifs, ands, buts, or "interpretations" about it. Not only do they say it--REPEATEDLY-- they state that Tifa is the person that knows Cloud best. So certain Cleriths can spout all the magical, super-special-snowflake Cetra nonsense they want; it doesn't change a damn thing.

She only did it to get to Cloud,

And why would she care if her and Cloud weren't friends? I mean, obviously she's desperate to check on/know about someone she doesn't give a chocobo shit about... makes a whole lotta sense.

lol. Those texts she sent were so cute "OH please don't tell him ^^;!!" Awww, I love Tifa. <3

She was rather endearing. <3

Lol, me too and I don't wanna seem like a tardo so let's play nice, plz thnxs. :3 Haha, I'm saying though that you guys may hate Clerith (not all of you), but doesn't mean you hate Cleriths...but FHS come on babe pink isn't so bad. :awesome:

I DO play nice. :D Pink isn't a bad color. It's a gorgeous Zerith color. <3

How long do you think it was? It's not like being exact really matters, but yeah I'm sure Tifa saw Cloud outside the window watching her change some days....and kept going.

If I remember, they went to the well in November--ish? So several months of "bonding" time in between.

Last edited:

Splintered

unsavory tart
I looked on YouTube for an English clip of the scene, none yet it seems. I'm curious how they translated it myself.
Cloud's story, right? I guess I'll go play it to see (as of now, I've been leveling up my characters and repeatedly destroying Squall for fun).

Where was the Japanese clip, maybe I or somebody can dig up a person to look at it.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
Wait, so what's FFG's real name? Susan or Alysandra or...?

I just started reading the The Most Annoying Aspect Of The Cloti Fandom. And lol Que, no. I appreciate your efforts, but I don't think a few members would like TLS. No offense to anyone here or at CxA, but I think the SoS thread and The Most Annoying Aspect Of The Cloti Fandom is proof people already clash without directly encountering each other. And if they did... how many liters of blood and shit would fly everywhere? I'd hate to be the janitor that cleans this mess.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Yeah I think they should check it out first. I mean Ryu snarking pics isn't a horrible thing because people like it. If everyone was yelling at him telling him to stop :rage: then it might be a problem. In fact I wish he'd snark my sims vids *hint hint* :D

But Ryu's comments are not at all offensive and only slightly snarky... I actually find alot of them to be quite cute :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom