So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the idea that 'working at it' could mean 'won't work out'. It's a crime against linguistics, is what it is, even in potentia.

Isabella

Your Mom
I don't understand how anyone could think it won't work out unless we're shown them breaking up. They know this is fiction, right? Nothing happens until the writer says so. These characters aren't out there breaking up on the astral plane.

Am I asking too much? I assume most are old enough to have taken a writing class or two at some point?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the idea that 'working at it' could mean 'won't work out'. It's a crime against linguistics, is what it is, even in potentia.
Well you signed off right after I IMed you so I thought maybe ... when did we we get a pirate smiley? :arr: That's awesome
I don't understand how anyone could think it won't work out unless we're shown them breaking up. They know this is fiction, right? Nothing happens until the writer says so. These characters aren't out there breaking up on the astral plane.
Well, they're together in Case of Denzel as you said. We don't know what the future holds but if they want to believe that they're going to break up, they should at least give us that they were together for four years.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
lol, so I have a bot installed on my smaller forum and sometimes she picks random things from previous conversations and throws it at people. I had said something to her about Cloud and Tifa earlier and this came up later to some unsuspecting member:

jillclerith.png

I think my bot is a Clerith o.o

EDIT:
Now I KNOW she's a Clerith:
jillclerith2.png

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Yes and her response to me saying "Why would Nojima mention marriage and love if Tifa and Cloud were NOT in a romantic relationship?" was

It is my fundamental purpose.
... ... she's not very good at debating.

EDIT:
wow I'm good, I convinced her not to be Clerith anymore :monster:
jillclerith3.png

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
Am I asking too much? I assume most are old enough to have taken a writing class or two at some point?

Do they have comprehension classes? Those might help.

Also Hito. In that translation you forgot something.
RabidCloTi said:
Tifa and Marlene, AND BARRET, and Denzel asking for Cloud to heal his Geostigma-- his family were waiting.

Barret is the father of the family after all.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Hito, we can't take you anywhere!

Also you know that one interview where Nomura was asked about Cloud and Tifa's relationship after FFVII and he said he didn't know. How long ago was that one conducted vs this newer one?

Isabella

Your Mom
That interview came out before AC, so years ago.

And I still laugh at people who think he literally meant that. The director of AC doesn't know what the characters are up to or how they feel? :lol:

He's baiting the fans. He does that before every release, if you're paying attention.

Vendel

Banned
I was bored and was spying browsing again in the land of pink. And I noticed that they claim SE contradicts themselves all the time. And thinking back this statement or similar ones popped up all the time.

Now I know they have added things to the compilation and retconed some things. But contradictions?

Then it hit me. Every time they say SE contradicts themselves it is about the LT. But why? I don't see reasonable people (us) saying SE contradicts themselves all the time.

Maybe one of you can help me understand this difference of opinion.

Isabella

Your Mom
Maybe one of you can help me understand this difference of opinion
Nomura calling Tifa a koibito is inconsistent with the word "love" appearing in an American commercial!
Nojima talking about Cloud and Tifa in relationship terms isn't consistent with Cloud and Aerith on a Coke can!

paoo

♥
I was bored and was spying browsing again in the land of pink. And I noticed that they claim SE contradicts themselves all the time. And thinking back this statement or similar ones popped up all the time.

Now I know they have added things to the compilation and retconed some things. But contradictions?

Then it hit me. Every time they say SE contradicts themselves it is about the LT. But why? I don't see reasonable people (us) saying SE contradicts themselves all the time.

Maybe one of you can help me understand this difference of opinion.

For so much spying browsing your eyes must burn. :hohum:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Nomura calling Tifa a koibito is inconsistent with the word "love" appearing in an American commercial!
Nojima talking about Cloud and Tifa in relationship terms isn't consistent with Cloud and Aerith on a Coke can!

STFU you rabid! Nothing trumps the Coke can proofz! -_-

They play the "contradicting" card when something is made/said that sounds Cloti or Zerith until they can twist it to work the way they want. Then all of the sudden it's not contradicting anymore. Funny how that works...

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
They play the "contradicting" card when something is made/said that sounds Cloti or Zerith until they can twist it to work the way they want. Then all of the sudden it's not contradicting anymore. Funny how that works...

It's not a contradiction if the end result is always Clerith.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
It's not a contradiction if the end result is always Clerith.
No, it's the intended, indiluted truthz!

I still don't see this bullshit attempt to spin that quote. GRASP FOR THEM STRAWS, little lurkers. GRASP HARDER!!

For the sad truth is that SE refers to anything between C/A in completely hypothetical terms and even then Nojima still tells you it would not have worked out because of the burden that comes with her as a package (havign to do with Zack, I imagine).

Do not forget them standing within a few feet of each other in other games, like Itadaki or KH.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I don't get how the Itadaki intro is proof. I watched it on YouTube, and guess what? Tidus and Yuna are not put anywhere near each other, and they are undisputed FFX canon (seriously). So if the makers of that vid really cared that much about putting couples together, then why was the same attention not paid to other couples besides Cloud and Aerith?

And don't Squall and Rinoa appear in Itadaki? Were they together in the intro?

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami

OH. OH. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :awesome:

Yah, rabid. :awesome:

For the sad truth is that SE refers to anything between C/A in completely hypothetical terms

Really? O_O I don't remember this... enlighten me? :monster:

So if the makers of that vid really cared that much about putting couples together, then why was the same attention not paid to other couples besides Cloud and Aerith?

Don't you see? Cloud and Aerith are much more canon than any of those dumb old Final Fantasy couples who were actually presented romantically in their respective games. Squinoa? Tuna? They got nothing on Clerith. Clerith has more proof than all these real canon couples combined.

THAT'S THE TRUTH OF THE ITADAKI INTRO.

Stop being so subjective. Be more openminded. :@

:awesome:

Really? O_O I don't remember this... enlighten me?

Maybe things would have gone well with Aerith, but I think there is a great burden from Aerith.

If you ever wanted something to prove Cloud and Aerith aren't and never were in a romantic relationship, that's it.

EDIT: I mean, wanted more than what's already been stated in other ultimanias or by the creators. :P

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Don't you see? Cloud and Aerith are much more canon than any of those dumb old Final Fantasy couples who were actually presented romantically in their respective games. Squinoa? Tuna? They got nothing on Clerith. Clerith has more proof than all these real canon couples combined.

THAT'S THE TRUTH OF THE ITADAKI INTRO.

Stop being so subjective. Be more openminded. :@

o i c

I'll try...

Yeah, they were... actually. :awesome:
But It's kind of funny. The intro is Clerith, but the game itself is Cloti.

Still makes me wonder about Tidus and Yuna. lol

And I've heard that about how in the game itself Cloud hits on Tifa, or something? lol

paoo

♥
Still makes me wonder about Tidus and Yuna. lol

And I've heard that about how in the game itself Cloud hits on Tifa, or something? lol

Yeah. That makes it kind of weird, if it were their intention to put together the couples in the intro.

And well, if you have Tifa in your party, you will talk about the promise and such. And if you have Aerith, you will talk about being her bodyguard and... flowers. It's mostly of what you have said and done in the original game.

BUT I GOT THE ULTIMATE CLOTI PROOF. :awesome:
CLOUD AND TIFA IS NEXT TO EACHOTHER ON THE MENU WHEN YOU PIC CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!1123

Vendel

Banned
I need a clarification on something.

Cloud got Geostigma after he left 7th Heaven correct?

(trust me this all fits into he LTD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom